Odessa, TX
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Texas of the Permian Basin

Steven

UTPB is a very high expectation school. The classes are very challenging and the teacher?s main goal is to see that students do well. I love that there is a small number of students at UTPB as well this allows for more individual attention then a student would receive at a bigger college. Originally I had planned to transfer to the university of Texas in Austin but having had such a great time my first semester here at UTPB I have decided to stay. I don?t think I would have liked any other school as much.

There are so many things I now know and wish i could go back and tell my self. The first thing would have been to have learned to study. I never really had to study in high school and now that im in college and have to study for ever class its a little more difficult then it has to be. The second thing i would tell myself is dont stress out about getting into a huge university the smaller ones are just as good and cheaper too. Another would be to apply for way more scholarships way ahead of time that way you know how much you will need alot sooner. i would also tell myself to learn how to manage my time more wisley. In college if your not careful one could waste time avoiding home work or studying when in reality its very easy to manage and make time to do everything . And most important I would tell my self to slow down take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy the time you have left as a hugh school student. Have as much fun as possible and live it up and get ready for life.

I think UTPB is a school more for a student who is ready to get to get serious and work hard to achieve what they plan to acomplish. Although the teachers and the expectations of the school might not be as laid back as some other schools in texas it can also be a really fun friendly school. If one wanted to have the absolute best colllege exerience they could have UTPB would be thier right choice. there isnt a college anyone could find better then UTPB.

Utpb=(-debt+scholarship)+(fun)^2-drinking+opportunity

Utpb=(-debt+scholarship)+(fun)^2-drinking+opportunity

Ping pong is our pride and joy. Everybody learns to play and it would surprise you to realize how many games you could play in the short 10 minutes of free time you have until your next class. Talk about fun!

I'd tell myself to chill out. It's going to be okay. There's no need to worry about getting into every college and getting full ride scholarships. Choose a small one that will pay attention to you as a individual, and also one that won't kill you with debt. Money is important, don't make the future you have less of it because they have to pay your ungodly amount of loans off. Private schools are cute to mention, but your wallet won't like them.

Marcus

The student and the parents need to go to the campus to check it out. They need to ask questions and search the school's website in order to learn about them as much as they can. THe student will have to trust how he feel when he see the campus and make the decision that is best for them.

I wished that I had known that most of the students goes home on weekend. I don't have a car so I don't get to go home much. The campus was deserted and there was not much to do.

THe school doesn't have much school spirit and the campus is dead on the weekends. There were some activities for the students but there need to be more for the students to do.

it is a hispanic serving institute so there are some experiences that are offered here that you cannot get anywhere else.

My advice to you, is to start the process early so that you can take your time to look closely at each school. It is not something that you can race through. And make it a family project as much as possible, the more everyone knows the more the family will know when the student makes their decision. Oh, and go on as many campus trips as you can. Getting the feel of the energy and the way the campus runs is am important step!

The worst thing i would have to say is the lack of school spirit on campus. It would be nice to be able to be proud of our school but it just seems kinda lame in some ways. Its really if you live on campus and either are an athlete or know the athletes that you really get involved

I love the fact that my classes are considered small to most 4 year universities. I feel like I have a better one on one relationship with each of my professors

The best advice I can give to parents and/or students is that the college experience can be a very hard and long road but through perseverance and strength one will receive many valuable treasures. From that learned in the classroom and out, the memories and knowledge will help sculpt the person you will become in the end.

I think the worst thing about my school is the facility. The building itself is very old and could use some brightening up. The landscape around the campus and the city for that fact is very dreary and dry. It is almost depressing to see so many shriveled up plants turning to tumble weeds and hitting innocent cars passing by.

Candace

The one unique thing is we know everybody, and are really friendly. Possibly one of the cheaest schools in Texas, it is a great place to recieve you educations

The right advice would be figure out how big of a school you want to go to, the cost and the community it is in. After all you will be there for four years.

The kind of person that should attend this school are people that want a good education and are not ready to make a big jump to a big university like UT Austin. UTPB is a great school for local and out of town kids. It has a great environment.

charmaine

I think that my school is unique in a way that it is located in a different state and a different surrounding. This area is flat! I like the fact that I got far away from evertbody in high school. Meaning, I went off farther away to pursue my dream and career than to stick around where we all grew up and went to school. Where we were was a very rural area with nothing much. So this place here is very unique to me and I love it so far.

The advice I would give to students in finding the right college is to do some research. Look them up on the internet or visit the school and take a tour. What I would consider is how far away you want to get from home, how much do you want to pay for school, do you want to attend a university, or a junior college, or maybe a trade school. Also, another thing to consider is do you want to attend a public or private school. Big or small. All these things you have to consider and think about it. Once you have decided then you do your research and find the right school. To make you college experience fun and the best you would have to be positive. Positivity is the key to having a good bright future with a good attitude. On top of that, just be friendly and get along with others. They will be there for you and go along with you on getting educated and making the good grades. You will need to not procrastinate and do things last minute. The last thing you need is stress.

The worst thing I would consider about my school is the cost of out-of-state tuition. For me, it costs a lot. I'm from Utah and going to school in the state of Texas. So for me, is the financial situation I'm going through. I think it's high and I want to be considered a resdent by now because I've been living here for over a year and I want to pay in state tuition. Hopefully by next year I have established to be a resident.

Students at UTPB are prepared when they attend class and are eager to fully understand what the professor is teaching

First off, parents, my biggest recommendation in helping your student is not to do all of the work and researching for them. Finding a college is a unuque process, one that they need to do themselves to fully know for themselves that they picked the right college. Sure, they will still need some help, encouragement, and a little bit of pushing every once in a while during this process but do just this: encourage, offer to help, and remind them to keep looking. The best advice that i can students about finding the right college is to start as early as you can and really consider every aspect: living expenses, gas, tuition, in or out of state, class ratios, school settings, etc. College is not only about your education but about new experiences, meeting new people and learning/seeing new things. And once you're at the college of your dreams, don't follow the crowd and try to be someone else. In college everyone is trying to find themselves too, so just be yourself and make your own decisions and mistakes, trust me there will be plenty of them but you will learn from every single one.

If you are from a big city and love the big city life then i do not recommend this school. This school is very low key and does not at all resemble a big city.

The University of Texas of the Permian Basin administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.