The University of Texas of the Permian Basin Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Texas of the Permian Basin

best school i've ever attended

MiAsia

Honestly, I'm loving it here! I don't think I can see myself anyone else. I'm in a sorority (RUSH THETA ETA) and I love it! The classes aren't too bad and CAB & Student Senate make events on campus which makes being 4 hours away from home bearable!

I love it at UTPB. We always have some event going on and there are lots of ways to get involved in the community. We strive to constantly evolve the college to fit the needs of all the student who go here. If you ever feel like there's nothing to do you probably aren't looking.

Alannah

Overall, my experiences at UTPB have been about 85/100% due to the lack of support and guidance I had from a majority of the professors directly related to my fields. I was an Art and Math major for a really long time and recently graduated with my BA Art and went back to finish my BS Math. Out of all the professors I had for my major specific classes, I ended up only only respecting two of them for actually teaching me useful information for my desired field of study. Outside of this, the campus is a wonderfully cheerful and friendly place of higher learning where judgement seldom occurs. I have felt more at home outside of my two fields of study then anywhere else; the Psychology department is phenomenal and if I choose to go for a third Bachelor’s, I will go for Psychology at UTPB!! Go Falcons!!

Brielle

My overall opinion of the university is it is a great school. It has a small student to teacher ratio which helps the students connect and get to know their professors. We are known for having nice dorms and surrounding city is very involved. Our school is big enough that not everyone knows everyone but small enough to make a lot of friends.

Fatima

This school is great! If you are looking for a Christian community, there always off- campus events happening every night. Also, the class size are very small which make it easier to have a better communication with your professor. In addition, it a small school, which you can build lasting friendships. However, the school cafeteria is not good at all. So you will end up spending money to go out eat.

Edward

It's a good small college in the middle of west Texas with nothing to do on the weekends. If you like small classes and teachers that help its a great school. Probably won't find your future wife or husband here. Most student go home on the weekends and the cafeteria is terrible and has terrible hours. If you live on campus you have to basically be able to cook your own food our you are eating out every night. They added football and its still growing but still needs more growth. Cost of the school is very cheap!

Mireya

I was a dual credit student here and did not like it. Their websites were difficult to navigate. I hardly ever heard from my professors and they weren't very good about giving feedback even when I requested it. There wasn't much teaching/learning going on in the class.

Kirsten

Overall the school is a good place for learning opportunities. The classes are great, the professors are excellent, and the students are friendly. My three biggest issues are the lack of communication, lack of extracurricular activities, and lack of classes tailored to my interests. The offices of accounting and financial aid are particularly bad at communicating, not only with their students, but also with their students. The university does have decent extracurricular activities but often students do not know about them until too late. If they do know about them, they are often at night when students work or when those who do not live on campus are gone. Concerning my third issue, the communications department is quite good, but there are almost no courses tailored to journalism, which is my aim. Additionally, the newspaper is paid staff as opposed to volunteer, which limits the amount of help students like me who are working two jobs and attending full time can help. However, the campus is pretty. The facilities are great, particularly the dining hall and the library. I would highly recommend going here but be patient, particularly when interacting with accounting offices, etc.

Jesus

Overall, its a good college. The teachers, for the most part, are available all the time, staff is incredibly friendly, and they strive for your success. There many groups and extra curricular activities to partake in. The town is small, so it does not offer many opportunities to get distracted from your school work. People here are also very friendly, and it was easy to transition, people wise anyways.

Jacquelyn

UTPB has a great and friendly environment, I feel safe walking on campus late at night. The lessons taught by professors are very in depth and detailed. Memorization, learning, and understanding are key parts of knowledge in the classroom during a lecture. There are a lot of activities going on on campus to encourage and motivate students to be more outgoing and socialize. They provide services for students like Title IX, financial aid, scholarship, etc.

Alexus

I think that sports wise, a new coaching staff for the women's basketball team and the football team should definitely be considered. Academically, there are a lot of professors who are not American. This has created some language barriers and they have very thick accents, making it hard to understand them. Other than that, they are very willing to work with you on anything you are having difficulty with; whether it is understanding them or understanding the content of the class. There is a student success center full of free tutors who are very helpful. Campus life is pretty fun, especially around finals time/ end of the year.

Jarie

My overall opinion of the University of Texas of the Permian Basin is that it is above average, but not by a significant amount. The instructors are excellent for they are engaging, encouragfe you to learn, remeber your name, and treat you with respect if you do your work. However, it is still a college so the financial staff may try to trick you for more money by not telling you all the information available about how to graduate and 'special' rules to certain scholarships. Therefore it is vital to be independent for your adviser will most likely not 'adviser' you at all depending on who is assigned to you.

ashlynn

its a great place to get my degree. Im lucky to have such a great college in the town that I grew up in. The orientation was too long and I'm not sure why were required to stay on campus when many of us live in Odessa. I wish the tour of the school was more in depth.

John

I applied for one of their online graduate degree programs. Their admissions staff is completely incompetent. They couldn't (or worse wouldn't) answer simple questions by email about the status of my application, so how am I supposed to trust their online instruction? I ended up just paying an extra application fee to University of Texas Rio Grande instead. Got accepted, and everything is wonderful. I'm fortunate not to have wasted any more money on Permian Basin. It's a 3rd-rate institution.

Cesar

It's a great school to attend. It might not be perfect, but it sure is almost there. With a great atmosphere, and different sites all around you to visit or explore, it's no wonder UTPB has as many students as it does. It might seem like it's in the middle of nowhere, but I would consider it an oasis in the desert.

Fernando I.

It is hard to find a more affordable education with the same academic standard. I can only talk for me, but UTPB was a great fit for me. I got to play DII tennis, get a degree debt-free, and now I got accepted to a great graduate program with a full-ride scholarship. I was able to save money, get a great education, and pursue a more and better opportunities.

casandra

i think the permian base is a good school with plenty of opportunities to become a better person and a better student. there are a bunch of fun activities and the school is located in a good community filled with wonderful people.i love how the class sizes are normal and not to much and not to little that makes it the best part so i can learn better.

Cassidy

I think it is a great community. It is a smaller university but I think that only adds to the appeal of the campus. The class ratios are about 18:1 depending on the class and you are able to make personal connections fairly easy with the professors. Overall a great school for a good price.

Paola

I feel very comfortable in this school because it is actually what I was looking for since the beginning. Therefore, all I can say is that is a really good university where students still have a long way when it comes to getting involved in campus activities but we still have a great community that makes everyone feel safe.

Kolby

Its a great school that tries to have something for everyone. Its a great school that tries to have something for everyone. Its a great school that tries to have something for everyone. Its a great school that tries to have something for everyone. Its a great school that tries to have something for everyone. Its a great school that tries to have something for everyone. Its a great school that tries to have something for everyone.

UTPB is an old, outdated college campus with lame facilities. Tuition is increasing, in part to fund new facilities, but the current students won't enjoy those benefits, even though we're paying for it. The biology labs are ghetto and unsanitary with dirty surfaces.