Edinburg, TX
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

John

The thing I like most about the University of Texas Pan-American is how friendly people are. The one thing I would change would be more parking spaces. The size of the school is perfect for individuals who don't want to feel to crowded but also for individuals who want to experience how college should be. People react with joy especially since the college has grown so much over the years. I spend most of my time at the library. The school administration is very professional and always help you with any problems you might face throughout college. The biggest controversy would probably be school parking. There is defiantly a lot of school pride on campus especially on game days. There is really nothing unusual about the school. The one experience I would remember forever would be HESTEC week which is amazing and a fun experience. The most frequent student complaints would be the parking.

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are brand new but very small, however the great thing about it is they are right on campus.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Because it is a great college with many opportunities for a college students to succeed.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best part of the social scene would be how much you get involved in your campus and the worst part would be not having time to join the fun.

Describe a typical weekend.

The typical weekend would be hanging with friends and getting caught up with studying.

What's the Greek scene like?

The greek scene is great, there are many individuals who are in sororities or fraternities and they usually have events every week around campus.

What's the dating scene like?

The dating scene is minimal, you do see some couples however there are a lot of single individuals as well.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

The sports scene is not that big, however the sports that we do have generate a lot of hype around campus.

The students are very respectful and always seem to have great morals in life.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The best place to get work done would be the library, especially since it is always quiet.

The most popular school activities would probably include the women's/mens basketball games.

The kind of people that you are likely to meet are highly motivated individuals seeking to better their future through advanced education. The stereo type is dependent on your own goals and ambitions and if you want to succeed you need to surround yourself with the right individuals. In my experience I think this is very accurate.

john

the best thing about this school is that it is really affordable one thing i would change is the sports. i would like to add a football team for my university my university is just right when i tell people about were i go to school they always ask "where is that school at?" i usually spend my time in the library and the gym what college town? the administration is really good especially for the people who are in need the biggest news right now is about that one person committed suicide in one of the buildings in campus school pride is not that big the only unusual thing here in my school is that there are a bunch of Hispanics here i will always remember the kareoki nights in campus its really funny the most frequent complaint is that the parking lot is not big enough

EstefaniGarza

The best thing about this schools is that here the people is very kind and like to help others. I believe this University is one of the best Universities in the United States. It has excelent professors that are available for you whenever you need them. They are experts on their subjects and know what is the best for their students. I would definetly not change anything about this school because is perfect as it is. The only little thing that i don't like is that the parking lots are always super full. The school is huge and the building are beautiful. When people ask me where school do i go to? and I answer them that i go to the University of Texas Pan-American they sorprice because is one of the best schools of Texas and everyone who goes to that school is well recomended and get the best jobs. I like to spend a lot of time in the gym because I like to be in shape and because is a good place to be. The administration of this school is great and the staff is always there to help you with anything you need. The recent controversy on campus is that there was found a girl death in one of the science buildings. The police said that she suicide, but that was the only thing I heard about it. The school has very supportive students, and therefore there is a lot od school pride. GO BRONCS!! There is one thing that i will always remember from this school, there was a time when I was just starting to attend to this school and as many new students I was lost and then the other studets helped me to get on time to my classes. People in this university are very kind and are always helping others as I mentioned already. Many of the students complains are about the parking lots that are always full and that there is not enough space to all the students cars.

Our University don't really have any stereotype but what many people think is that because we live in the border with mexico, there are only people who are hispanics in our University. But i would say they are not well informed. Even though we live in the valley where the majority of people are hispanics, we also have diversity in our University and everybody is welcome.

Josie

They are many different different types of stereotypes at the University of Texas-Pan American. Every person is different to actually to put them in a clique. Some are in different types of cliques. They are many ranges of people at this university.There is many different types of stereotypes but many fit into their own. Because not one person on campus doesn't just fit into one stereotype or clique. Each person is their own person with their own interests and ambitions to be active or inactive on campus.

Lakeisha

The advice I would give myself is to be prepared for the transition to college because it is life changing, good and bad. Also ,be completely financially prepared and look for any available scholarships that you qualify for. Look for organizations that interests you. Be prepared to seldomly be home and be prepared to see your family and friends less often. Be prepared to be swooped into another unfamiliar world where nobody knows you at all.

Sergio

Classmates are part of the everyday learning.

Classmates are part of the everyday learning.

Definitely, to not believe that much of what other people says, college is an adventure that is written by the student at that time. I have learned that in college you never know what will happen and we have to study hard for every class no matter what subject is. Sometimes because is an easy subject we don't study hard and this makes our GPA go down. Anyway we have to stand up again and keep fighting for the desired score and keep on track with the other subjects.

A person decided to improve in school, with the courage to strive the hardest obstacles on the way. As in life there are ups and downs, the same is in college; students sometimes don't get the desired grade and the average goes down. However, with the attitude to overcome, or accomplish to study more can go up.

Classmates are very nice and helpful. They are easy to converse with because we are all under the same college. So there is so many similarity in what we like.

I would make sure to tell myself to prepare, prepare, prepare. I'll have to encourage my past self to get used to independent work. Also, when I run into a problem to not be afraid of asking for help because that is a must in College. To work on note taking and studying. One, last thing, I would have to add is to work on my social skills . Working with my social skills in order to make new friends and/or connections and when asking for help.

The best about my school is that the professors are very helpful when you have any problems in your assignments. There are many ways to get involved in clubs. My school also has many activities going on by clubs in order to inform yourself or just meet new people. There is also many clubs that you can join from Sororities to an Anime club. This helps many people to make friends and/or connections.

Ana

My school is best known for being inexpensive. UTPA makes receiving a college degree affordable. It is one of the cheapest universities in the state which is good news for students who struggle financially. This school also has a large hispanic population. This means that it helps minorities earn a college degree. The majority of the students at this school are hispanic and becuase of their education here get to reach their goals in life. Many of my family members moved to big cities to work for distinguished companies such as General Motors and General Electric.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to slow down and enjoy life more. I graduated high school as a junior so I never really had a senior year. Because of this, I missed out on the best year of high school. I didn't get to go out to the club for the fist time and buy cigaretts just because I could once I turned 18. I never got to go to prom or walk on the stage to get my diploma. I also had less time to decide what I wanted to do in life. I rushed into making a decision and ended up changing my major 3 times my freshman year in college. I would tell my high school self to explore options and really find what my passion is. I would tell myself to be involoved more, to join clubs and organizations just for the fun of it, to meet as many people as possible, and to help my community the most that I could. College went by in a flash and we have to make sure we enjoy every moment while we can.

I believe the kind of person that should attend this school is someone who like me, is not ready to leave home yet. The main reason I came to this school was because it was close to home so I could live with my parents while going to school. I graduated from high school early and was only 17 when I started college. I didn't feel ready to be on my own. I know appreciate this because thanks to the guidance of my parents I managed to stay focused on school.

Christian

Some of the stereotypical groups encountered at campus include stoners, library rats, preps or "fresas", jocks or gym rats, headbangers, and skaters. However, there's also a vast population of older students who probably parent a child, or more, and just go about their day.

Kimberly

Where to even begin with the changes that I would make if time could be taken back. Preparing myself for the “Real World,” makes sense how the created the show on MTV and has been running since 1992 with 26 successful seasons. Lives from all over the country being brought together forced to live together and adjust to a whole new completely different situation. Drama I would say is the key element of the show, one that makes life normal, and is something that everyone can relate to in any point in their life. If I had focused more on school instead of drama I wouldn’t be in the place that I am at right now. If I was more concerned about my well being before anyone else and concentrated on hard work and dedication, I could make myself anything that I wanted to be. It’s funny because I heard it all the time and it’s not till I hit my lowest low that I felt everything crumbling and made me see what I needed to do to get back on top. If I was a high school senior I would learn to balance school and fun.

The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.