Edinburg, TX
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

Mariel

UTPA it's perfect, is not that big, but is not that small. The best thing of UTPA is that you can always find help easy, the people who work there are remarkable I would change nothing. People from my home say that is a good school and that it's a great opportunity, and I feel proud of myself going there. I will always rememeber the learning assistance they help me a lot with my homework. Students complain about the city because there is nothing to do, but UTPA really is a good choice.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

because it has a good reputation with people from the valley, their ciriculum is awesome. the architecture catched my eye. the professors meet my needs and are very attetive.

No one is let of, everyone is kind, Most UTPA students are really kind, and have this beautiful culture. Really is an experience that you will never forgett. Most students are from texas, the other one's are from Mexico. I am from Mexico , and people treat me very well.

There are more than one stereotype. You can easily find friends like you, if you are skater, or if you love music you can find friends to share that passion.

The best thing about the school is the Honor's program. The class sizes are down to twenty students. I would change the parking situation. My school is just right. It is big enough to have students all around but small enough to have everything within walking distance. People always ask me how I like the school. I have never received a negative reaction. Most of my time on campus is spent in the library studying. The school's administration is involved and friendly. The biggest recent controversy at school was over budget cuts. "Bucky Pride is shown throughout the walk ways" There are many student organizations that show school pride. I will always remember the "Hestec" festival they have every year. All the student organizations come together with the community to have a great time on the campus. The most frequent student complaint is about the parking situation.

DO NOT move into the Veranda apartments. Majority of people that move there end up trying to give their lease to someone else. Houses are cheap to rent try to do that with a friend.

Tell us about your professors.

The majority of them are super friendly and willing to help you out with what they can. I live out of state so if I plan to travel the majority of them will let me take my exams earlier or later.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Sports aren't too big of a deal. We have a basketball, baseball, and volleyball team. The games usually don't get too crowded but you do notice more and more people starting to go.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The 4th floor at the library is always very quiet

Tell us about the food and dining options.

There are several fast food places within walking range of the campus. They also have some great meal plans at the cafeteria. The students that live in the dorms usually have some sort of plan there.

What are your classes like?

The classes are not too difficult. They range from very large to small.

It it a medium sized school. The campus is walkable. The buildings are all brick and look similar.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend includes studying and hanging out with friends

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

I will never forget going to hear Maya Angelou speak on campus. There were so many people from the community waiting to hear her.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Affordable school, that is the perfect size. Such a beautiful warm place to live. The people are very friendly and laid back.

My favorite campus tradition is going to Buckey's Block Party. It is held when summer is over. It is a good way to meet new students and catch up with old friends.

When you step off campus what do you see?

There are food places everywhere to go eat. There is a huge strip. There is also a wal-mart and a lot of apartments.

The campus being small is unique. There are large main events held. A few months ago we had Mario Lopez on campus.

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are small. They are watched heavily 24/7

Why did you decide to go to this school?

It is in a warm place. Close to South Padre Island. It is friendly.

The professors are very friendly. They are willing to work with you and help you out when you need it. There are writing centers available and a student learning center that offers tutoring. You can always find students in the library studying. The classes are usually full with eager students wanting to learn. Some professors put their lectures online that help if you miss a class. The most unique class I took was asian philosophy. We learned how to meditate. I am majoring in Psychology and so far all the professors have been helpful. I am writing a thesis right now and I have three professors on my board. Two of them I have never taken for class but they were still willing to help me. The education is geared toward you learning something not just memorizing facts.

Beatriz

The school is big and they just give you 10 minutes to get to the next class. I like that they have a gym for us to workout and they have tutorials for us if we need help. I really don't have pride school because I'm a full time students that I don't have time to get involved in school. I'm mostly in the library finishing my homewrk.

I not sure what are the most popular students activities because I'm not involved in anything. I bearly join NSCS. I meet my friend in high shool. I don't party or anything I mostly in my study than anything else.

I can not describe the students for school becuase I don't really talk to people.

The Professors don't know my name. I really don't have favor class because all the classes are the same for me. I do my work, study for their test and I pay attention to them. If I have a question, I can ask the teacher or a students.

I'm a nice person, listen to the teacher, help other when is needed, try for everything to be right, and if I need help I ask.

John

The thing I like most about the University of Texas Pan-American is how friendly people are. The one thing I would change would be more parking spaces. The size of the school is perfect for individuals who don't want to feel to crowded but also for individuals who want to experience how college should be. People react with joy especially since the college has grown so much over the years. I spend most of my time at the library. The school administration is very professional and always help you with any problems you might face throughout college. The biggest controversy would probably be school parking. There is defiantly a lot of school pride on campus especially on game days. There is really nothing unusual about the school. The one experience I would remember forever would be HESTEC week which is amazing and a fun experience. The most frequent student complaints would be the parking.

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are brand new but very small, however the great thing about it is they are right on campus.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Because it is a great college with many opportunities for a college students to succeed.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best part of the social scene would be how much you get involved in your campus and the worst part would be not having time to join the fun.

Describe a typical weekend.

The typical weekend would be hanging with friends and getting caught up with studying.

What's the Greek scene like?

The greek scene is great, there are many individuals who are in sororities or fraternities and they usually have events every week around campus.

What's the dating scene like?

The dating scene is minimal, you do see some couples however there are a lot of single individuals as well.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

The sports scene is not that big, however the sports that we do have generate a lot of hype around campus.

The students are very respectful and always seem to have great morals in life.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The best place to get work done would be the library, especially since it is always quiet.

The most popular school activities would probably include the women's/mens basketball games.

The kind of people that you are likely to meet are highly motivated individuals seeking to better their future through advanced education. The stereo type is dependent on your own goals and ambitions and if you want to succeed you need to surround yourself with the right individuals. In my experience I think this is very accurate.

john

the best thing about this school is that it is really affordable one thing i would change is the sports. i would like to add a football team for my university my university is just right when i tell people about were i go to school they always ask "where is that school at?" i usually spend my time in the library and the gym what college town? the administration is really good especially for the people who are in need the biggest news right now is about that one person committed suicide in one of the buildings in campus school pride is not that big the only unusual thing here in my school is that there are a bunch of Hispanics here i will always remember the kareoki nights in campus its really funny the most frequent complaint is that the parking lot is not big enough

EstefaniGarza

The best thing about this schools is that here the people is very kind and like to help others. I believe this University is one of the best Universities in the United States. It has excelent professors that are available for you whenever you need them. They are experts on their subjects and know what is the best for their students. I would definetly not change anything about this school because is perfect as it is. The only little thing that i don't like is that the parking lots are always super full. The school is huge and the building are beautiful. When people ask me where school do i go to? and I answer them that i go to the University of Texas Pan-American they sorprice because is one of the best schools of Texas and everyone who goes to that school is well recomended and get the best jobs. I like to spend a lot of time in the gym because I like to be in shape and because is a good place to be. The administration of this school is great and the staff is always there to help you with anything you need. The recent controversy on campus is that there was found a girl death in one of the science buildings. The police said that she suicide, but that was the only thing I heard about it. The school has very supportive students, and therefore there is a lot od school pride. GO BRONCS!! There is one thing that i will always remember from this school, there was a time when I was just starting to attend to this school and as many new students I was lost and then the other studets helped me to get on time to my classes. People in this university are very kind and are always helping others as I mentioned already. Many of the students complains are about the parking lots that are always full and that there is not enough space to all the students cars.

Our University don't really have any stereotype but what many people think is that because we live in the border with mexico, there are only people who are hispanics in our University. But i would say they are not well informed. Even though we live in the valley where the majority of people are hispanics, we also have diversity in our University and everybody is welcome.

Josie

They are many different different types of stereotypes at the University of Texas-Pan American. Every person is different to actually to put them in a clique. Some are in different types of cliques. They are many ranges of people at this university.There is many different types of stereotypes but many fit into their own. Because not one person on campus doesn't just fit into one stereotype or clique. Each person is their own person with their own interests and ambitions to be active or inactive on campus.

Lakeisha

The advice I would give myself is to be prepared for the transition to college because it is life changing, good and bad. Also ,be completely financially prepared and look for any available scholarships that you qualify for. Look for organizations that interests you. Be prepared to seldomly be home and be prepared to see your family and friends less often. Be prepared to be swooped into another unfamiliar world where nobody knows you at all.

Sergio

Classmates are part of the everyday learning.

Classmates are part of the everyday learning.

Definitely, to not believe that much of what other people says, college is an adventure that is written by the student at that time. I have learned that in college you never know what will happen and we have to study hard for every class no matter what subject is. Sometimes because is an easy subject we don't study hard and this makes our GPA go down. Anyway we have to stand up again and keep fighting for the desired score and keep on track with the other subjects.

A person decided to improve in school, with the courage to strive the hardest obstacles on the way. As in life there are ups and downs, the same is in college; students sometimes don't get the desired grade and the average goes down. However, with the attitude to overcome, or accomplish to study more can go up.

The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.