Edinburg, TX
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

Julia

Don't worry too much, but do your best now, so that way you will be prepared for the future. Don't be a slacker, it's better to get things done ahead of time then to put things off and procrastinate. Give it your all and give it your best when you start college and until then humble yourself.

Lessly

I would definitely suggest myself to apply to have a mentor. I am currently a mentor at UTPA and it really does ease college life to a certain extent. Entering freshman often have many questions that might go unanswered sometimes, but they will be able to turn to a mentor for guidance.

Any person can attend this school. I don't see why not. This campus is pretty diverse.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that sometimes they make corrections on your financial aid or you receive financial aid reimbursement a little late.

Daniel

That is Better than UTB ( Univ. Tex. Brownsvile)

That is Better than UTB ( Univ. Tex. Brownsvile)

Get a mac, learn web design, sketch ideas, think new stuff every day. Analyze people needs (Maketing Stategy). My major is graphic design and this things are stuff that i would loved to know and dicover when I was jounger, becuse innovation on design is the CLUE to succeed.

Nathan

Whether it be through some trans-dimensional rift, rupture in the space-time continuum, or through any other science fiction technobabble means, I am now communicating with you, my 18-year-old self. Stop loafing around and get active with registration and form deadlines. That mad rush you will have to do in August was not fun, and it's not fun when you have to do it again two years later. Also, you need to schedule as many night classes as possible. You are not a morning person and never will be. Don't believe for a minute that you will be awake for that 7:30 AM Fundamentals of Speech course. You end up dropping those courses everytime, and it eventually costs you a full scholarship. Feels dumb hearing about it in the future tense? Imagine how it feels when it's stated in the past tense?

David

They are very studious and goal oriented.

They are very studious and goal oriented.

I would tell myself to really think about what I want to do with my life. I would tell myself it doesn't matter how many years I will be in school. What matters is that I will be doing something that will make me happy for the rest of my life. I would tell myself to learn how to really study hard right off the bat, and maybe even take some summer courses to be headed off to a good start.

I wish I knew what I really wanted to do with my life before I ever left highschool.

Christopher

You have to make sure that your study habits are in readiness or have developed in such a way that you can handle a work load, because in college, you actually have to work your butt off to get that "A". College is like any other workplace, except that you get graded instead of being paid. Also whatever ideals your mama and papa taught you or whatever positive attitudes you've picked up along the way, make sure to use it because those who already have a sense in how to deal with stress and have the striving desire to improve separate those who just go into college without a clue to even know what is going on. Remember, Divine Providence is by your side and always believe that you can do everything you set your mind to. You have the power to do anything.

What I consider to be the best thing about this school is the solitude that comes with it in the dorms, library, and other study facilities on the campus. One reason is that since the student is away from home, he/she can have the upper hand in concentrating on study material for the classes he/she is taking. It also helps the student to go to the Learning Center or whatever tutoring services th campus has.

If I had known about the BSN program's courses, I would've taken them earlier before I applied so I could get the most of the classes out of the way. I was in a Dual-Enrollment program in high school and graduated with a Associate's in Biology, but am continuing to be a Nurse.

Orlando

Classmates in this university are competitive, friendly, and most importantly willing to help you out if you have a school relate problem or anything else.

The first advice would be that high school is not the same as college and that it will demand more responsibility than high school work. Furthermore, obstacles are going to present themselves throughout college life and it is important to be able to be patient in order to overcome these obstacles. Great opportunities will also present themselves, and it is imperative to be able to take a hold of these life changing opportunities and not take them for granted. Finally, and most importantly, that along with the long lasting relationships built in college, the amount of knowledge received is without a doubt the best thing that any university can do to a human being.

The worst thing about my school would be the cafeteria or the food services. Even though restaurants are within walking distance of the school, if you don't have time and want a quick lunch, food tends to be expensive and not very good.

zuleyma

My classmates vary from ethnicity to religion. My classmates are fun and very outgoing you get to learn new things every year. You can see how people live in their homes. Many are from diferent countries. You get to know many of their traditions from back home. Also it pretty easy to make friends. It's as simple as in he/she can be your roommate.

My college experience has been great i have learned the transition from high school altough it has been hard. In my experiences i've learned to become more responsible unlike in high school. Mainly because in college you don't get any second chances. Also i've learned to become more independent when it comes to studying and working to hard to earn my degree. It's been a valuable experience due to the fact that i have learn many interesting thing in my health related classes.

Celeste

I think the thing I've gotten out of my college experience is that the time taken to attend college is important in the sense that it allows people to be exposed to and to think about subjects they might not consider in a regular 9 to 5 job. The traditional USA system of higher education makes no excuses for holding to a system of learning that does not provide practical, real-world experience. They emphasize a growth in knowledge, the understanding of the world and different cultures, and the kind of education that will make people what they deem to be well-rounded and literate. College is an experience that is necessary and valuable to attend because it helps you grow.

I wish I had known a little bit more about the history. This university has such a background to it that I only got to know it by coming to it. It keeps on expanding and growing beyond the limits a university should have. It's become a major staple in the city of Edinburg but I didn't know its history. Never was it mentioned in any orientation either.

I believe this university has a club, activity, or sport for any kind of person. I was suprised to find out how diverse the university is. Instead of the question what kind of person shoudn't attend this school, you should ask what kind of person would not want to attend this school?

In my college experience, I've learned how to grow as a person, I've learned that I have to work hard for what I want and still enjoy life, and know some day I'll get where I need to be. This school has been the one I've been wanting to attend since I was little so it really feels great to be here. All the faculty and people I've met have added so much to life, and helped me grow in so many ways. I gained a deeper respect for science, and I"ve also learned that I have to work hard to bring in my own money so I can attend school, and that is life. But I also know that I can never give up despite meeting hard times, and I have also learned as long as you keep moving forward things always work out for thebest because you didn't give up.

Its close to home, down to earth, not to flashy and its comfortable, like another home. Its calm and people are friendly as well as the faculty, I found my niche where I need to be.

Everything, it has very scenic areas, also the Rec center is really nice, love to work out there , as well as the indoor swimming pool.

The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.