Edinburg, TX
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

Vanessa

I've heard that UTPA is acknowledged for it's strong engineering program. But it is knownn throught the Rio Grande Valley due to the fact that it is the only University in the area and is part of the University of Texas system and can be seen as a starting point. The campus is the only choice for some students to continue their education.

I recently returned to school after a long break in which I was employed in what I thought was going to be my career. After working hard for my company I noticed the advantages of having a degree higher than high school in regards to promotion. Even if an applicant has the knowledge and experience, an applicant will not be chosen for a position withought the obtainment of an advanced education. Coming back to school, I was more mature, and now I have excelled and found the experience much more pleasurable and stimulating than I recall from earlier this decade. My professors are eager to discuss their topics of study as well encourage new ideas. Class participation is encouraged and not ridiculed. I am eager to complete my Bachelor of Arts program and continue onto my graduate level of education.

I believe anybody interested in continuing their education in the area should attend.

Julia

College has given me a wider view of the world, but more particularly of science and the world. For me the value in attending school has been to see the many things that are possible in the field of science. My particular interests lie in biology which has become more fascinating to me the more I learn. Biology has already had many great contributions to the medical field, in its studies of cures for disease and helping people better understand how the body works. We are not done in our discoveries either, and I am excited to be learning about these things now. I feel the benefit of my schooling has been to give me more confidence in myself, and the possibilities for my future in the field of biological studies.

Juan

My school is best known for the fact that it is so close to our area. Home is where the heart is and my campus provides a comfortable environment for out areas type of people (for the most part). we do have a few people from out of town but there is never any discrimination. The campus is an open-minded location that accepts all backgrounds. The best part about it isthe fact that we continue to grow every academic semester.

No other school would be relatable to the lifestyle that I have been accustomed to. It is like the home away from home that a lot of my peers enjoy going to. Its almost like thebrighter side of our seemingly meek day. When weare there , no matter how difficultour school day has been, there is a certain sense of hope that cannot be found anywhere else other than our campus. The light at the end of the tunnel seems tobe a lot brighter th emore time wea ttend.

Over all my college experience has opened my mind up to the possibility of a whole new world. Filled with obstacles and opportunities that I have never encountered before. Although entering uncharted territory will alwaysbe nerve-wrecking, I will always have the confidence that i have gained from my college years to fuel me onto higher levels. Even though I could have chosen another, I chose mine because it was a necessary steping stone for the life that I want to have in the future. My school has aslo helped me connect with other people on both a business and personal level. Who knows? I might have met the future C.E.O. of the next billion dollar company. This gives me agreat sense of my networking ability. I have discovered a vast amount of information about myself that I would not have been able to realize without going to college.

Kristopher

I have gained so much from my college experience already. I am now very confident in my public speaking skills, as well as learning to branch out of my shell, and I have Phi Theta Kappa honor society to thank for this. I have learned that to be successful in college one needs to get to know their professors and create a type of newtwork through them if one wants more opportunities to shine. I am currently starting to do more service learning by volunteering at the Arizona Museum of Natural History through AmeriCore. College is a very valuable to atten.d. Not only does one gain academic knowledge but college inspires self-confidence which is very important in any occupation. Also, at a community college most professors will sit and meet with you, to see if you are on track to transfer to the University that you wish to attend. Most professors will also use their social networks to get students opportunities volunteering or gain them access to parts of a museum or institution that is not available to the public. Overall, college is a very valuable experience

Courtney

My school is unique based on it's size and curriculm. The university is small but not so small where you can know everyone here in a couple of days. The professors are really nice and actually get to know their students because of how small the classes are. Another unique part of the campus is its spirit. The kids who come here really do love it and get involved so much with the campus and its community.

It has really helped me understand what it would be like at a bigger university such as the one I would like to go to. Inmy opinion it really helps students take things step by step and gradually move up in school insted of just jumping straight into something you probably can't do. I have also met lots of people. The professors are so nice and know alot of people as well so I think this will benifit me since I am trying to get a degree in education and help me get a job in the near by future.

Anyone can attend this school. Although it is great for someone who is afraid to attend a BIG university but doesn't want to be stuck at some little community college. Its a great learning expierence for anyone who would also just like to attend as a freshman and then transfer out. With that I think would help the most. The student to professor racio is great and the preofessors try to help you out in anyway possible so it would be good for someone who doesn't understand material that fast either.

Kasey

I started college right out of high school, during the summer. It was great! Not only have I met a whole bunch of people in all of my classes, but I've also become part of the college social scene by getting involved with different student orginizations such as the school jazz band and Christians on Campus. College has allowed me to represent myself in a more individualistic way than ever before! When I bring my guitar up to the school to play, I get a crowd around me that encourages me to no end! College has encoureged me to be myself and not give in to the social stereotypes. I no longer care what someone thinks of my hair or my beliefs, because I'm comfortable with who I am, and it shows! I've had people tell me that I'm different than most people they meet- that something about me glows. I've come to realize that it is because in college, I have truly found myself! I'm glowing because I've never been happier in my life and I've developed a drive to succeed no matter what! College has definitely been valuable to me!

Vincent

In college I found myself by using values to sacrifice and complete projects. While in school I developed a drive to become comprehensive. I stayed focus on school by having a desire to want to learn. Attending college is valuable to me because I respect myself highly. College is an opportunity for me to invest in myself. I know there are a lot of people around the world that can’t go to college because it is not available. As a productive citizen college gave me the tools I needed for my career. With my college degree I now have peace of mind to successful moving forward in our advancing economy.

Leonardo

Medium sized campus with events occuring almost every day with facilities in good condition and undergoing expansion.

Good students who are fun to be around with and have good classroom etiquite.

I have met new people for starters. I feel I have matured as an individual and as a student . College has thought me how the real world is and how its time to grow up and become an adult. College is valuable to attend because it gives you expereinces that you can't learn anywhere else. It prepares you for the outside world once you graduate.

Brittney

My experience in college contains mixed feelings. I live on campus so i am involved with school 24/7 . To my surprise the people in my class are always willing to help out or ask for help which in my last experience in community college people were totally not willing to help. So my opinion is that people are willing to help more in a university rather then a community college because there is more at stake. This has been valuable to me because i can feel more comfortable knowing that many people will help me without acting snobby. This has been valuable to my education and myself.

The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.