Edinburg, TX
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

UTPA (Now the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley) is overall a comfortable environment to be in. There's always something to do on campus whether it be in clubs, events, or sports. The students are friendly and the teachers and staff are almost always ready to help you in anyway that they can.

Sana

It's an average school and a good pit-stop on your journey to higher education. It may not be the highest rated school but there are reputable people working there, allowing you to work your way up and make good connections. It's a satisfactory school.

celeste

The school itself is very well rounded. The people you meet on campus are great and I enjoy the professors. There are so many things to do while on campus, for example, going to the rec, playing sports with friends on your free time , going to the library, or just lounging around. Unfortunately, I only received $1,700 in loans and no financial aid so I, myself, am not able to get the joy of being a full time student, but even as a part time I really enjoy the campus and hope to enjoy it even more in the future.

Adriana

UTPA is a small school to attend however its modest size is what gives it the intimate and friendly setting it's known for. Professors are extremely approachable due to the small class sizes and their consistent office hours. Probably the best perk, in my opinion, is the food! Sitting so close to the border, you can find the most authentic and delicious (and fattening too - but which great foods aren't) Mex-Tex restaurants around the campus.

Eleasar

Best campus I could've picked!! Everyone is so helpful that you can literally ask a random person for help. I felt so comfortable being on campus so quick I do not even hesitate to ask for any help about anything. People here are very welcoming, you will not have any trouble fitting in.

Sara

It is now the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, and I love it as before!

It is now the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, and I love it as before!

ERIK

Their is over 200 clubs and organizations at UTPA. I know that in the College of Business their the Accounting society that constantly meets every week to discuss events and fundraisers or competitions. twice a month theirs weekends were they meet up off campus like at a bowling ally or ice skating, interacting more as friends than just classmates. I personally dont drink so its easy for me to do things that dont involve drinking like movies, bowling, laser tag, beach, or just stay home and study.

I can say that the academic in my school is average. The best class of my interest is accounting information systems, the professor makes us use actual programs that will be needed in a future work place like for example, "QUICK-BOOKS". I had never seen or messed around with this software but i am sure that by the end of the semester i will master it and will be something i can put in my resume since its a common software. My least favorite class would be Texas Government, I am not a political person and that makes this class boring for me. students here are competitive especially in accounting program. I personally have never spend time with a professor outside of class but i am sure they do participate with students that are involved in organization.

Sylvia

My school will inspire you to better yourself and to be that person that betters communities.

Hey, I know you don't like school. I know you don't think about going to college, because you're dirt poor right now. Go see Miss Green, the financial aid counselor. She is a big help. Knowing what I know now, about what happens to you, there are several things I'd like to give you a head's-up on. Go to UTPA. It will change you in ways that you currently cannot fathom. You hate writing now. Well, guess what? Dr. Mark Noe inspires you to write and so much so that you write four silly sci-fi/fantasy books before starting sophomore year. Writing will help you through post-partum depression. Oh, yeah. That depression derives from Hashimoto's disease. Go see a dang doctor about that and push them to make you feel better. That disease comes hand-in-hand with your writing and inspires you to go into the medical field. Study everything you want to study. Be great at it. Love it, because it is so totally worth it. Learn to love yourself, because you are totally worth it. You will inspire others that have the same disease.

The worst thing about my school would be parking... and that's about it. We need more of it. Everything else is great.

Miguel

I would work hard in my studies. I would take the time to read the appropriate novels and prepare myself for the future with a good foundation of study habits. This would help me as well as focusing my efforts on writing essays as this will come in very handy at the college level.

A person interested in receiving a college level education.

The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.