Edinburg, TX
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

ERIK

Their is over 200 clubs and organizations at UTPA. I know that in the College of Business their the Accounting society that constantly meets every week to discuss events and fundraisers or competitions. twice a month theirs weekends were they meet up off campus like at a bowling ally or ice skating, interacting more as friends than just classmates. I personally dont drink so its easy for me to do things that dont involve drinking like movies, bowling, laser tag, beach, or just stay home and study.

I can say that the academic in my school is average. The best class of my interest is accounting information systems, the professor makes us use actual programs that will be needed in a future work place like for example, "QUICK-BOOKS". I had never seen or messed around with this software but i am sure that by the end of the semester i will master it and will be something i can put in my resume since its a common software. My least favorite class would be Texas Government, I am not a political person and that makes this class boring for me. students here are competitive especially in accounting program. I personally have never spend time with a professor outside of class but i am sure they do participate with students that are involved in organization.

Sylvia

My school will inspire you to better yourself and to be that person that betters communities.

Hey, I know you don't like school. I know you don't think about going to college, because you're dirt poor right now. Go see Miss Green, the financial aid counselor. She is a big help. Knowing what I know now, about what happens to you, there are several things I'd like to give you a head's-up on. Go to UTPA. It will change you in ways that you currently cannot fathom. You hate writing now. Well, guess what? Dr. Mark Noe inspires you to write and so much so that you write four silly sci-fi/fantasy books before starting sophomore year. Writing will help you through post-partum depression. Oh, yeah. That depression derives from Hashimoto's disease. Go see a dang doctor about that and push them to make you feel better. That disease comes hand-in-hand with your writing and inspires you to go into the medical field. Study everything you want to study. Be great at it. Love it, because it is so totally worth it. Learn to love yourself, because you are totally worth it. You will inspire others that have the same disease.

The worst thing about my school would be parking... and that's about it. We need more of it. Everything else is great.

Miguel

I would work hard in my studies. I would take the time to read the appropriate novels and prepare myself for the future with a good foundation of study habits. This would help me as well as focusing my efforts on writing essays as this will come in very handy at the college level.

A person interested in receiving a college level education.

Iliana

The stereotype is that people are not friendly and self-centered. This of course is not accurate.

They are certainly friendly and they are willing to help you in whatever they can.

Lucero

What is unique about my school than other schools is the demographics. The majortiy of the school are hispanics. The athletics departmet really is the only one that brings in the diversity to the campus. I really wish there was more diversity, but the school is located in the Rio Grande Valley, so I cannot expect much.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself how I am going to be completely fine. This was the first year that I moved away from my parents, and it really frightened me that I would not be coming home to my family everyday anymore. I would also tell myself that track is going to be awesome. I had walked on the the University of Texas - Pan American Track and Field team my freshman year, I was nervous and excited at the same time. I would reasure myself that I was strong and capable enough to make this transition from high school to college. Lastly, I would tell myself that I did amazing my first semester of college ending it with a 3.8 GPA. I would surprise myself, but deep down I know that I was always capable. This are the things that I would tell my high school self if I could go back.

What I wished to have known before coming to the University of Texas - Pan American is how well educated the fauclty are. I came into this school believing that I was about to get the worst education of my life, but I was wrong. I have, easily, learned the most here than the previous schools that I have attened. I wish I had come my freshman year knowing that I was going to have a great education.

SONIA

Sonia, although you completed and made A’s on the dual enrollment courses you took here in La Joya High School. Those two years of work you put into completing college coursework—well, none of them will be credit it as college credit. I tried to process and believe this to be truth. I was shocked, speechless. I was told that there was nothing to be done. If I could go back in time and be able to talk to my high school self I would tell me to never put anything else but my education in my priorities. I would tell myself to go to school everyday, to try not to be shy and get involved and tell someone if I am having a problem that I can not handle on my own. In high school, I had many absences that ultimately led to me know getting credit for my dual enrollment, and moved my top 10% gpa to top 25%. I believed then that staying home with my mother would somehow stop my father from abusing my mother. I wished I could have thought of a better way to help my mother instead of jeopardizing my education.

Make sure you have a meal plan Always make sure that you carry at least seven dollars in your pocked unless you have a meal plan. With the much walking going on and students going up and down the stairs it’s smart to maintain your energy. Also, I wished I purchased more comfortable shoes, shopped for books early so that I could have a better chance of scoring a used book deal with the campus bookstore. or money for meals because that can add up.

I recommend this school to anyone who is eager and willing to learn. There are many useful resources and professors are always available to assist you. They really do above and beyond to have students succeed. Everyone here is friendly, easygoing and invite you to join in socially.

hugo

I love the University of Texas-Pan American. It is a school small enough in which the student and teacher have a bit more interaction because the classrooms are much smaller than in most Universities. I would not change schools for any other. I also live away from home but it is also an hour away, so I do get a bit more of freedom.

Well the UTPA commercial says "there's always something to do." which is true because there is always something do with homework or something related to class.

I believe it is the political science club.

Most students are really cool people. I am a music major so I hardly ever hangout with people that are not music major.

I think they are good. I just made the deans list this past semester.

Deborah

Make sure to remind yourself that your grades counts! Make sure to start out studying more than you need rather than less than you need, so you don't have any regrets. Make connections, be outgoing and don't be shy! without risking a bit and taking chances you won't experience true success!

The wheather and the environment is very good for activities and experiences

How the public safety and police work and how they tend to treat students

Edmundo

The school spirit and mascot. People wear UTPA shirts and make the hand sign alot.

Focus on the road you want and stick to it. Don't make excuses and keep your word. Don't make the same mistakes. Don't be clever and no one is perfect.

That it's pretty small. I thought it was bigger.

The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.