The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

« See more reviews of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

What I find most unique about my school is that although the majority are hispanic, there are still so many different backgrounds and different ethnic activities and social clubs, which means that I have heard plenty of different stories, ideas, hopes, and dreams. Another thing that is unique is that in doing research I found that Pan-Am is one of the top schools not only in education but in affordability, which is the main reason that I decided to apply here, I feel that I am learning the same things as a student that is attending an expensive school.

I heard that they had an active Theatre Department and which I have worked a total of over 150 hours as my first semester apart from work-study and full time student. It amazed me how much I got to be a part of different jobs backstage on my first semester as an incoming freshman. I?m currently pursuing a career in Theatre Design in which I want to design costumes. Networking with students in the same major is very crucial. With networking I had connections into being part of film directing projects and outside film competitions. I love UTPA.

I have never attended any other university than the University of Texas-Pan American, but what deviated my attention from the other universities was its advisors whom helped me so much more than they really had to, from choosing my classes to finding me a job on campus. They even gave me advice on what clubs to join and wrote some letters of recommendation for me. I know that the same case might have happened at another university had I gone to speak to an advisor, but the will they had to help me succeed made me stay.

It is close to home as well as a great school for Engineering within my budget. Having graduated from the Science Academy of South Texas I had gained admittance to so many schools. After having realized my financial status was not sufficient to attend many i decided to attend the best i could afford. It is in a nice area with plenty of jobs, friendly people, as well as great instructors. Those who think UTPA is just another UT school should speak to the students and see how much many love the campus.

I considered the University of Texas Pan American because it has a great curriculum and has many beneficial services to offer their students. Every day I go to school I feel that there is a lot of positive energy in the air. UTPA has great ratings as a college, and offers a great variety of programs that students could discover. I enjoy walking around campus every day being able to see new faces, make new friends, and most important learn new things that will have a positive effect on my education.

I really wanted to look for a school close to home and UTPA was the perfect school for me beacause this school provides top quality education. I don't learn from the best because it's a small school but the teachers we do have are great. They teach us the fundamentals and beyond and that's all we actually need. Not only does it actually teach us but the school is just the perfect amount of students. The classes are not that big and that provides better one-on-one time with the teacher.

No other school would be relatable to the lifestyle that I have been accustomed to. It is like the home away from home that a lot of my peers enjoy going to. Its almost like thebrighter side of our seemingly meek day. When weare there , no matter how difficultour school day has been, there is a certain sense of hope that cannot be found anywhere else other than our campus. The light at the end of the tunnel seems tobe a lot brighter th emore time wea ttend.

My school is unique based on it's size and curriculm. The university is small but not so small where you can know everyone here in a couple of days. The professors are really nice and actually get to know their students because of how small the classes are. Another unique part of the campus is its spirit. The kids who come here really do love it and get involved so much with the campus and its community.

I guess that we're primarily hispanic, whereas most other school's ...are not? Also, other schools I'm sure have a lot more soical events based on campus where here pretty much everyone can get into their own little cliques and have things going on at the campus, off campus, and within and without particular clubs. It's kinda like highschool with a lot more privelges. You make what you want from it.

My school is close to my home, allowing me to live with my family and save money for more important things, while still experiencing the joys of higher learning. I know many of my friends and classmates chose this school for the same reason. In the hispanic culture family is very important. Going to this school helps me maintain my bond with my family.