The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

« See more reviews of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

In my personal opinion, I have really not encounter extreme frustrating instances since, I started studying here on campus. The only thing that I would like to mention is that for any student that really wants to do well on his/her classes, they need to spend quality time studying to actually make good grades in class. The student also needs to show responsibility be being puntual to class, having all the homework done on time, and participating in class. Students if they want to succeed, they need to have preseverance to continue passing every semester to stand academically.

The most frustrating thing of this school or any school would be the redtape Student Government Association has to go through in order to pass new policies or have things done. However, I like how things are done here anyways because no matter how much red tape there is, students persevere for what they want. It demonstrates leadership qualities and important values in order to succeed. No matter the challenge or obstacle, with perseverance and determination anything is possible.

In all actuality there is not much that is frustarting about this univeristy because all the stuents, faculty, and staff make you feel comfortable with no judgement. This univeristy strives to make students want to get invoved whether it be with the Student Government or the Greek Life, but there is bound to be something for every type of student whether they tend to keep to themselves or are actually over social and just love to make friends.

As much as I like walking, the distances of classes are far. Overall, the school grounds aren't as big as other universities but the fact that my first, third and fifth classes tend to be on one side of the campus and my second and fourth classes are on the oposite side. It takes alot of walking and rushing with every ten minutes of break in between classes; not to mention I can't take many restroom breaks.

The most fustrating thing about my school would have to be the learning center. Its always packed and the people are not very willing to help you out. If you need help with a class you will have better luck getting help if you go directly to the professor himself , otherwise you are more than likely not going to receive help from the lac.

As a student there, the most frustrating thing for me was a limited amount of good looking fellas to choose from. Looks aren't everything, but they are some part of it. And although I believe people should be admitted on their work merits and thinking abilities, it would have been nice to have more eye candy.

I wouldn't say that UTPA is a huge campus like UT Austin, but it is a bit frustrating when my classes are located in buildings that are quite far from each other. It's frustrating because sometimes a professor may let the class out late and take some of my 10 minutes that I have to get to the next class.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of parking. It usually takes 15-30 minutes to get a parking spot. Also, if you park in the wrong parking lot you can get fined. The fine is usually $15 to $20 dollars. Great school but less than parking.

One of the most frusterating things about my school is the parking. There are never quite enough parking spaces for everyone. I also believe it shoud be on a first come first serve basis. Also the student union and library should be open 24 hours.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that there are so many people around and I get distracted by being so social. Also, the classes are not just a piece of cake I have to really studyhard to pass my classes.