Pensacola, FL
The University of West Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of West Florida

Morgan

The University of West Florida is a wonderful university where a student's success-- academically, socially, physically, etc., is the most important!

My college experience has most certainly been an eye-opening one. I have had tears, cries, laughs, sickness, and great memories! All of those experiences have made me the individual I am today. With college comes a newfound independence, and through trial and error I have learned, and am still learning, how not to abuse that independence. Attending college is a journey that I have had the privilege of partaking on. On this journey through life I have learned so much about self and what it means to be a young woman of color. I embrace my journey, my story, my testimony--because without it I cannot give a definite account of what makes me unique! College can be summed up in one word--GROWTH, and with each day I grow mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Each experience is an opportunity to learn and better myself. College has essentially come to be an emotional rollercoaster that I'm addicted to!

I don't know of anything, so far, that is not favorable at my school.

I have learned more in the past year and a half at college than I have in my entire 19 years of living. I have learned the importance of multi-tasking, making friends, and most of all that it really pays off to work hard. There have been many times that I have found myself at my job studying for an upcoming test. College feels like it drains your life, but I know that my hard work will pay off when I walk across the stage in two years to receive my degree. I wouldn't have survived my college years without the friends I have made while at school. While college is extremely fun, it is also tough and takes a lot out of you. My great friends have helped me get through everything, and I have been there to see them through their problems as well. Overall, I wouldn't change my college experience for anything.

The University of West Florida has a place for everybody. Whether your interest is theatre ir mechanical engineering, you can fit in here. Everyone has a place at the University of West Florida.

The most frustrating thing about the University of West Florida is that there are not enough intersnships available to students. While the school is great at marketing students for internships available, there are not enough of them for the amount of prospective students on campus.

Jaime

A small town school with a small town population.

A small town school with a small town population.

When I left for college I was beyond excited to get away. All I wanted to do was grow up. But after being here at UWF, after choosing not to pay for an expensive art school (SCAD), I realized that I made too rash of a desicion. If I could go back to high school I wouldn't let something like money deter me from going to my dream school. While I will be going there in January, being here at UWF has taught me a valuable lesson about doing what you need to do for yourself, and really honestly following your dreams. I'm glad I didn't put school off, and have gotten the best grades out of my semester here at UWF, but the most valuble thing I got out of attending UWF was learning that I belonged at SCAD.

If you enjoy crowds and lots of school spirit and excitement definitely don't attend UWF. Lacking a football team, this small campus can feel suffocating and make you wish you could just go home.

Rebecca

Work ethic. This is the main word I would use to describe what I have gotten out of my college experience thus far. Classes are not always easy, classmates easy to work with, nor the instructors easy to learn from, but learning how to work in these type situations is most necessary. The work place will not fall into line with the views or desires of the employees, but being able to last in a position that is not considered fun or exciting is what is required out of a good employee. Today many young people have not learned simple work ethic. When a job gets tough, or even when classes get tough, the average young person simply quits. The invaluable lessons in work ethic I have learned from my parents and teachers at Weatherford College help keep me going when most young people would quit. I know this will stand me in good stead once I get my degree and join the work force in the accounting industry because I will have already learned the single most important lesson of all time.

donald

I have learned a great deal about the utility line work that i did not know prior to starting the program.I am excited about my future for the first time in a long time, and I feel i will be very happy in the linemans career. I am a married father with four children living in the house and one income from my wifes job. The economy forced me to change my carreer and I am very happy about that but we could use some financial help. Thank you for your consideration.

Being part of the first generation of my family to go to college makes it valuable for me to attend, not only does it mean a lot to my family but also means I’m a step closer to my dream of becoming a physician. When I was little I was always told reach for the stars no matter what. That is what I intend to do. My family has helped me, and I’m going to study hard so that I can help people in my own way too. So far as a college freshman I’ve enjoyed learning even more new things that I can use every day and even share with my younger sibling. Through struggles I was blessed with an oppertunity to learn and I didnt and dont intend on wasting it. I want to be some one and prove to others like me they can do it too. I’m without a doubt grateful for the opportunity, It’s also helped me get more involved with my community,gives me modivation and I’ve made a lot of new friends !

Joni

A diverse group of individuals from all ages, races, and socioeconomic status who are open minded, always willing to participate, laid back, and genuinely interested in the well being of each other and their future.

The University of West Florida is best known for accepting many traditional as well as non traditional students and for catering to the demands and needs of the primarily military area.

I have personally gained an invaluable sense of autononmy that having an education allows. The college experience has allowed me to forge friendships, business connections, and to network internationally. The experience has also allowed me to better express myself in social circles concerning topics such as politics, world news, and philosophy. By pursuing a higher education, I have created a better life for myself and my family.

Aileen

My classmates are very attentive.

My classmates are very attentive.

Our campus is located on a nature preserve. We have over 1,000 acres of beautiful land.

From my college experience I have gained immense pride in my work. I have learned that if I work hard and actually apply myself to whatever I do, good results will come of it. During my first year of college it was very hard to apply myself, and I thought I would be able to slide through college without going to class and studying. I am happy to say, though, that because of my difficult first year, I have learned that I enjoy applying myself to my school work, and to my student organization. It has been valuable to attend UWF because I have learned a life long lesson of "Hard work pays off." I can take this lesson with me and apply it to any part of my life. I am so happy I decided to go away to college.

Darian

So far in college, I have recieved my A.A. in General Studies. I have learned a good deal of things, whether it acedimically or socially. If I had not attended college I honestly couldnt tell you where I would have ended up. College has kept me focused and helped me create goals for my future. It has helped me realize that there are more people out there that I can talk to about goals, school, and even life other than my close knit circle of friends. In otherwords, college has gotten me to be more open minded about well...everything! At first I thought I wanted to be a 4th grade teacher, after seeing what it takes, I decided a different route. I picked Marine Biology, the math classes required for this class I wasnt too excited about either. So I went with General Studies to get a broad spectrum of classes to see what I truly was interested in. I found that I love history and everything about it. Now, I am transfering to UWF to fufill a degree in Archeology. College has helped me learn many a things, and I am excited for the more to come!

The campus is beautiful. Along with the location, the architecture is gorgeous in my eyes. I love looking out my classroom window and seeing landscaped scenery instead of a highway or one huge parking lot.

The slow responses from advisors, financial aid office, housing deparment ect. I could email them today, and wouldnt hear back for a good three days. I recieved my acceptance letter a week after I saw online that I was accepted. I'm not sure if it's thier system of computers or if they truly are just really busy. But, thats just one thing that frustrates me.

My School is on a nature preserve making the environment very Eco Friendly. All the Buildings had to be built below the tree line and most are underground. My school also owns a private section of beach in Pensacola making it very student friendly. More interesting is the teacher to student ratio because it is so low relative to other colleges, the professors are actually able to know the student to notice if they are struggling.

I am attending the University of West Florida for the BFA Musical Theatre Major which has given the ability to be a successful actor in the "real" world. Also my university has given me a new found appreciation for the environment and the habitats around the world. This college was the best dicission for me because it matched my personality and had everything i needed to succeed.

The University had responded very well to all questions I had by having campus tours, and seminars for students going to attend The University.

The University of West Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.