Pensacola, FL
The University of West Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of West Florida

christina

I droped out of high school because i became pregnant. I would tell myself not to drop out but to hang in there an education will make you and your childs life better. College is nothing like high school, it is way more chalenging in a good way.

If I could go back and give myself advice, then I would let myself know that it is possible. I would give myslef more confidence in my scholastic career . I would also tell myself to really shoot for my dreams because know I know that they are possible.

Peole that want to have small classes and personal expreinces.

Jeannie

Its a large beautiful campus filled with beautiful people, very laid back, students like the beach life, flipflops, parties, and dancing.

As a new student I was advised by the junior college I attended that I should attend the junior college as a general student and transfer later to a four year college to complete masters of nursing instead of gaining admittance to the junior college RN-associates program that I wanted to complete. I came from a blue collar background and was the first person in my family to attend college and it would have been much better advice for me complete the RN-AS at the junior college and later finish the Bachelor of Science in Nursing after I had entered the workforce with my associates degree. I had very limited funds and social support and this option would have fitted my needs much better. Not every student has the financial reality of being able to be an immeadiate student for four to six years and this needs to be taken into account when making degree plans.

Those with very conservative views or those who value the northeastern preppy lifestyle.

Alexis

My school is a public university , yet not many students. My school is not expensive like most schools, my school university of west florida is a home-like environment and community. UWF campus is known for its nature enivornment.

Know what you want to purse as a career or at least something in the field , so you will know what courses you will need to take; because when you keep changing your major you could have been taking irrelevant classes. Make sure you pay all your dues to the college because if not it can stop you from registering for classes and other things. Make sure you surround yourself with well rounded people in other words people who know how to have fun but also know when it is time to hit the books. Make sure you know how many classes you can handle and the time of day you take them.

Michelle

Young and sheltered. When I attended Virginia Tech, the students MOVED to school.. they did not commute to school. Most Virginia Tech students were nearly living on thier own, or ready to do so once school was done. UWF students seem to get a LOT of support from their local families.

Being the only University in Pensacola. Building new dorms on campus to accomodate more students. Expected to have a football team of some sort in the near future.

I would wish that I was not told "You can be anything"... I thought I could be "everything". With all the guidance, direction, and short-leashes, I had growing up, I was suddenly thrust into college life thinking I could do/be it all. But suddenly, I had a lot of "me" searching to do in college, while constantly being hounded by the folks about what I was going to be after school- this part they did dictate to me. For those 4 years, I did not realize that it was my time to make choices. I knew I liked "critters", was good at problem solving, and was repeatedly drawn to people that needed help (but not needy, whiney people). I started in Biology, then Psychology, and ended up with a BS in Marketing Management. Ten years later I went back and got a BS Psychology. But, I'm still not done. I wish now, that I knew that the few "less than stellar" grades (anything below a B) earned during my first BS would stack up... resulting in 204credits, and a terminal 2.9788888... will require years of 3cr/As to create a competative GPA for Graduate school.

Brenda

Brenda, I would tell myself...put your head down and get to work! That $8/hr job isn't your dream job and it's not going to pay the bills. You know you were born to be a nurse...you feel it, you believe it. Stop thinking you aren't smart enough. Now, when you get to college just remember everyone will seem smarter than you, everyone will seem more ready to be on this giant campus, in these giant classrooms. If you get lost (and you will because you KNOW you have no built-in GPS) don't worry...ask for help - you aren't the only lost girl on campus. Be smart...keep away from college boys...they're dumb and distracting. Focus, Brenda...and make time to volunteer...feed your soul, feed the hungry, just do something that matters on a global scale. The math courses will make you feel as if you cannot breathe...they've always done that to you. Use your resources on campus, they're there for you. And please listen to your professors...they're smart...smarter than you, my dear. Good luck Brenda-you can do this!!!

Darrius

If i could go back in time and change any advice to my self as a senior in high school. Knowing what i know now, i would tell myself to take my education as serious as i do now in respect of paying attention in class, doing my homework, and studying to insure better grades and a higher academic acheivement as a student persuing my diploma. As a result i would have be elgible for more scholarships to help with the everlasting expenses and hardships of the college life. I would also keep reminding myself to stay focus on the goal of getting an higher education, as a result there will come great advantages and rewards at the end of the road. If i could be a bird on the wall in my high school class i would tell myself to stop playing in my present and think carefule about preparing myself for the future.

The best thing about the University of West Florida is the motivation, passion, and drive the school have for making every endiviual student successful and an prominate employee in the work force and society.

The kind of perosn that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is not serious about their fellow class mates and also their education.

Heaveny

Knowing what you are going to college for saves a lot of time and money. It's better to go to college when you are ready. Look for scholorships and avoid student loans. Make youself count at your University. Applying yourself is key. Don't just be satisfied with a "C ". It's more rewarding with an "A" or a "B". It really helps out your GPA. Don't be afraid to go the extra mile. Push yourself to complete the task. Put in your mind that you will graduate. Set a date. Talk to your advisor regularly. Make sure you are on track. Set long term and short term goals. Don't wait until the last minute to study. Study 30 minutes to an hour each day. Stay ahead of the class. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Be Involved in campus activities. Be positive. Be optimistic. Don't be influenced by your peers, unless it is positive. Try to hang around like minded people. People who have a common purpose and goal. This helps the process go by a lot smoother. If at first you don't succeed try again. Make the next grade count.

Jaclynn

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I wouldn't have too much advice to give. The only thing I would tell myself would be to take more AP classes or do dual enrollment! Back then, such things seemed like a small bonus, but something that wouldn't affect me too much in the long run. Now that I am here, I realize just how wrong I was. Every little thing you can do to improve your future early on helps--from gpa, to college credit, to extracurricular activities that may win you a scholarship. The earlier you get to work on your future, the easier your future just falls into place. The harder you work in the beginning, the less work there is ahead of you in the end. It is a big deal; no matter how small it seems, it is a big deal.

The best thing about my school is the class size. I have seen friends in other univerisities become overwhelmed with the size and pressure of large schools. This school is a bit less-prestigious than some, but the classes allow for a lot of learning if you take them seriously. This is possible because each and every student has a chance to engage in the class, join in the discussion, and ask questions if they need to... all because of the small class size (my average class has had 40 students).

Someone who thrives in small classes with engaging and driven professors should attend here.

Blake

an immensley engaging, fun, safe, beautiful, and great place to be with amazing, caring, and all around awesome staff and pee...

an immensley engaging, fun, safe, beautiful, and great place to be with amazing, caring, and all around awesome staff and peers.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior with the knowledge I gained from my first year in college I would tell myself to relax. Before I went to college I was nervous about being away from home for so long in a place I didnt know with roommates I hadnt met while trying to make good grades at college. It was strange at first but I adapted quickly and made many friends. I even managed to make straight a’s in college. I would tell myself to keep my chin up because crazy things will happen. My roommates and I hit it off at first but things quickly went south to the point of having to change rooms. It was extremely frustrating but I got through it by keeping my chin up. The most important thing I would tell myself is to hang out with friends as much as possible. Dorm rooms are very small and sharing that space is not easy. Leaving the dorm room and hanging out with friends as a stress reliever can really save your sanity. All in all the transition from high school to college just takes perseverance.

my school makes some silly decisions. they didnt act fast enough to punish a trouble maker who had stolen from me insulted several people including me and had several other incidents on campus. they designated housing in strange ways by giving 90% of on campus dorm buildings to incoming freshmen only which left many of us incoming sophmores out in the cold. they forced some double rooms to become triple rooms AND single rooms to become double rooms even though they werent out fitted as such.the mess hall staff is lazy.

The University of West Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.