Pensacola, FL
The University of West Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of West Florida

Lance

I would take school more seriously now than I did then. I thought then that college wouldn't be too hard, and I end up dropping three Ds and an F, all in Math-related classes. Now, I know that I need to study harder.

Kaitlyn

I would tell myself to learn time management. Being a student athlete at the college level is a whole new ball game, and you have to balance school work, six hours of study hall, and two a day practices for the entire fall semester. It is a lot to handle and I would tell myself that you need to plan your homework, don't put anything off, and make sure you stay on top of all your classes. I would also say to make sure you still give 110% to soccer, and then just as much effort into you school work.

The best thing about the university is that there are so many activities for you to participate in. Whether it is athletics, art, music, or anything else, there always seems to be an event going on that most people would enjoy, and it gives you great opportunites to meet new people and make friends.

Logan

A wealth of knowledge about different topics. From chemistry to anatomy and even law it's been a great experience and I'm really lucky to be able to experience all of this. I believe every person should be able to learn and experience they way I have, and I plan on using this opportunity to make a great future for myself.

How much better it is than a junior college. I attended Junior College prior to entering UWF and I regret not just going straight into UWF after High School. UWF is much better at guiding students in the direction they want to go, and instead at the junior college I was attending they didn't help me at all and I ended up taking unrequired classes and wasting time.

Someone who is not self-motivated to learn. If you don't want to learn, or introduce new prospectives into your life then there's no point in going to college at all. You can keep your beliefs and opinions and still experience everything.

Jaclynn

All-in-all, college has been an amazing experience for me. I've never been a bad student, but I've also never been THE best. Now I am, and it's something I feel extremely proud of. Being out on my own has given me a new respect for what I achieve; therefore I'm trying to achieve all that I can. So far, I'm doing it well. In High School, living at home... I felt like my achievements reflected my parents as much as they reflected me. In reality, that hasn't changed from my transition from there to here, but it feels like it has. I guess that is all that matters, really. Now I am in charge of all that I do and in order to prove myself, I've made quite a few changes. I'm more organized, more driven, I do more research and more planning, I care more about safety, and am more careful with money. I also still relay all that I do to my parents, considering that is their right since they're funding this experience. Simply put, I've grown greatly as a person since college began.

I love the Honors Program here. I messed up early in High School and allowed my GPA to drop. It is nice for me because the requirements to get in aren't essessive, but the Honors course work really makes you focus. I see it as a second chance, and so far I'm loving it! Oh, and on a side note about the Honors Program: the classes are small, I'm in two this semester that are 6 and 11 students, it really helps me get the learning experience I wanted.

Living in the dorm is not the most fun thing in the world, but then again... I don't like loud people or lousy internet, and most dorms have that. Still, it is the worst thing I can think of about the school.

Keegan

College has done a lot for me. First off it has allowed me to work with people who are still active in their craft. I get first hand experience and can shape myself into what I want to become. I also have been broadened to schools of thought that I personally enjoy and take vested interest in. I've been able to read great works of literature and the be taught things about them that I would have never thought of. College has truly made me into a well-rounded intellectual and philosophical actor, and I personally believe the opinions and knowledge that one is exposed to in college is extremely wonderful to the molding of a human mind and imagination.

The most frustrating thing about UWF is a lack of clearity and organization when it comes to clubs and organizations, and many things in general. I find it hard to know who to ask or where to look to find out what I need to know. I like clear and percise answers and routes to answers should be just as clear.

Danielle

The University of West Florida started as a small unknown school but it is beginning to expand as more students begin to hear about it. While we don't have a football team, and therefore do not have a reputation from athletics, I believe that UWF is best known for the excellent academic programs that it has. The UWF Engineering program is one of the best in Florida, as is the Honors Program.

I believe that the University of West Florida is unique because it is a small school. I attended the University of Florida for my first college semester and although they have amazing academics, I did not feel the personal connection with my professors like I do at the University of West Florida. I can see a professor in the dining hall and be able to greet them and get "Hello, Danielle" as a reply.

I began college in August 2009 and since then I have changed a lot as a person. I believe that this has occured due to my college experience. I believe that the most value experience I have gotten from college is my outlook on my life. When I began college I was dependent on my family and my boyfriend. As my college career continued and I moved into the dorm rooms I was forced away from them. Through my classes and the dorm life, I learned to become independent. My classes have also expanded my knowledge on the way the world works. I have learned to relax and have fun, but to be disciplined in my work.

Stephon

My classmates are really cool, everyone gets along very well in class. We all tend to be on the same level when it comes to the level of work we submit in, which i think is a good thing because we can all relate easier to one another. One thing though, is that we don't really talk about the work to each other we kind of just do the work on our own which has its pro's and con's

I have gotten a lot from attending college. I realize the responsibilities i now hold as being on my own. At first, it was a scary experience but now it has grown on me. I love that i am able to do what i want without the worry of parents but it has also taught me that what my parents have told me to do over the past years does really effect me as to the person i am now. I realize i still adopt some of the things that my mom told me i should and should not do. It is really an eye-opening experience that i now take with me everywhere i go. Another thing is that i realized how much I really miss home. As a high schooler, i couldn't wait to get out of school and be on my own, but now, i miss my own room and the freedom of living with people i know instead of a roommate.

There is not to much to do on campus and everyone goes home a lot. On the weekends, it can be pretty dead when you don't live that close to the school and do not drive. Also everyone tends to have there own thing going on a lot so its hard to actually get to know people around this area to find out about stuff.

Alex

I have only been atending school for about 3 months, but within that 3 months i have learned so much more than i expected. I learned the anatomy and physiology of all 11 organ systems in the body. Way more then i expected. I am learning fast, witch will get me into a better carrer quicker. If i keep going to classes and if i learn everything they have to teach, ill better my life and the life of my unborn child in no time.

Morgan

The University of West Florida is a wonderful university where a student's success-- academically, socially, physically, etc., is the most important!

My college experience has most certainly been an eye-opening one. I have had tears, cries, laughs, sickness, and great memories! All of those experiences have made me the individual I am today. With college comes a newfound independence, and through trial and error I have learned, and am still learning, how not to abuse that independence. Attending college is a journey that I have had the privilege of partaking on. On this journey through life I have learned so much about self and what it means to be a young woman of color. I embrace my journey, my story, my testimony--because without it I cannot give a definite account of what makes me unique! College can be summed up in one word--GROWTH, and with each day I grow mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Each experience is an opportunity to learn and better myself. College has essentially come to be an emotional rollercoaster that I'm addicted to!

I don't know of anything, so far, that is not favorable at my school.

I have learned more in the past year and a half at college than I have in my entire 19 years of living. I have learned the importance of multi-tasking, making friends, and most of all that it really pays off to work hard. There have been many times that I have found myself at my job studying for an upcoming test. College feels like it drains your life, but I know that my hard work will pay off when I walk across the stage in two years to receive my degree. I wouldn't have survived my college years without the friends I have made while at school. While college is extremely fun, it is also tough and takes a lot out of you. My great friends have helped me get through everything, and I have been there to see them through their problems as well. Overall, I wouldn't change my college experience for anything.

The University of West Florida has a place for everybody. Whether your interest is theatre ir mechanical engineering, you can fit in here. Everyone has a place at the University of West Florida.

The most frustrating thing about the University of West Florida is that there are not enough intersnships available to students. While the school is great at marketing students for internships available, there are not enough of them for the amount of prospective students on campus.

The University of West Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.