Pensacola, FL
The University of West Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of West Florida

The University of West Florida makes their students a top priority.

The University of West Florida makes their students a top priority.

The University of West Florida really cares about their students and seems determined to help transfer students achieve their higher education goals.

I would tell myself, college is harder then high school and be prepaired from the start. I would also tell myself, college should always be a top prority. Never let the small things get in your way. Stay focused and your goals will be achieved.

Christina

If I could go back in time, I would tell my high school self to prepare to study hard in college. College courses are rigorous and difficult at times so students have to study very hard to get good grades. Grades are very important in college because it determines if you can get to a good graduate school or not. I would also tell my high school self to prioritize my time wisely in college. In my first year of college, I did not utilize my time right and so I didn't get the good grades I was accostomed to in high school. From that mistake, I learned to study very hard every chance I get. Lastly, I would also tell my high school self to enjoy every aspect of college. College is about exploring your options in life and taking every opportunity that comes to you. Looking back, I would have been more involved in school activites and joined more clubs. The people that you meet in college might be a part of your life in the long run.

Christian

Simply put, keep fighting and do not lose heart. You see everyone around you slacking off, partying with their friends, and throwing in the towel. You are part of a small group that sees what the real essence of the college experience entails. The way you study, how you dedicate yourself to service and Taekwondo, you understand that college will be a rush to get your degree. A word of warning, though; be prepared to step it up. Mercy is limited in college and so is time. If you thought you watched the clock with anticipation and fever before, some of your classes will intensify that feeling twofold; the same is true wih service and application deadlines. However, know this; your battle is not in vain. You will strive to make a much better life for yourself and enrich your surrounding environment with a career you love to invest time in. In addition, everyone that thought they were the greatest and spent their time partying, drinking, and throwing precious time away, those who once claimed to be your friends, they will be struggling so much. Proactiveness and a will to fight is the crucial key. Everyone at college shares that.

In many high school classes, teachers barely take the time to get to know their students by their learning styles, mannerisms in class, and even by name; this can also be said for more than a few colleges. The University of West Florida provides a classroom environment in which instructors are personally invested in students' academic journeys and willingly work with them through all trials over the course of a semester and beyond.

The University of West Florida is a place of new beginnings; every student is basically granted a clean slate to work with. This almost-cliche statement is more than true. Most everybody you will meet is driven to academically succeed to gain credentials to find a career. The most successful and most genuine students toss their high-school baggage at the front door; it does not matter what you accomplished in high school, how many dates you recieved, or if you were the class jock or star student. Those who carry those burdens with an inflated head will be hindered.

Joseph

My advise to my senior high school self, is that if I had to change one thing it would be hold of on joining the military and take the ROTC scolarship that I was offered and go to UWF. Back in 2003 the economy wasn't terrible and once I graduated college the military would have taken me with open arms as an officer.

The school's class sizes are small and its location is secluded. The University provides for everything we need, from the bare necessities to entertainment.

The characteristics of a poor student is one of whom is not dedicated to improve ones own life or others.

Kimberly

I did not apply to any other schools but The University of West Florida offers a great learning environment, surrounded by a nature preserve.

Take more AP classes in order to prepare for an easier transition to college life.

Even if you don't know what you want to major in, or what you want to do for the rest of your life, The University of West Florida is a wonderful place that helps you on your journey into the future.

Lance

I would take school more seriously now than I did then. I thought then that college wouldn't be too hard, and I end up dropping three Ds and an F, all in Math-related classes. Now, I know that I need to study harder.

Kaitlyn

I would tell myself to learn time management. Being a student athlete at the college level is a whole new ball game, and you have to balance school work, six hours of study hall, and two a day practices for the entire fall semester. It is a lot to handle and I would tell myself that you need to plan your homework, don't put anything off, and make sure you stay on top of all your classes. I would also say to make sure you still give 110% to soccer, and then just as much effort into you school work.

The best thing about the university is that there are so many activities for you to participate in. Whether it is athletics, art, music, or anything else, there always seems to be an event going on that most people would enjoy, and it gives you great opportunites to meet new people and make friends.

Logan

A wealth of knowledge about different topics. From chemistry to anatomy and even law it's been a great experience and I'm really lucky to be able to experience all of this. I believe every person should be able to learn and experience they way I have, and I plan on using this opportunity to make a great future for myself.

How much better it is than a junior college. I attended Junior College prior to entering UWF and I regret not just going straight into UWF after High School. UWF is much better at guiding students in the direction they want to go, and instead at the junior college I was attending they didn't help me at all and I ended up taking unrequired classes and wasting time.

Someone who is not self-motivated to learn. If you don't want to learn, or introduce new prospectives into your life then there's no point in going to college at all. You can keep your beliefs and opinions and still experience everything.

Jaclynn

All-in-all, college has been an amazing experience for me. I've never been a bad student, but I've also never been THE best. Now I am, and it's something I feel extremely proud of. Being out on my own has given me a new respect for what I achieve; therefore I'm trying to achieve all that I can. So far, I'm doing it well. In High School, living at home... I felt like my achievements reflected my parents as much as they reflected me. In reality, that hasn't changed from my transition from there to here, but it feels like it has. I guess that is all that matters, really. Now I am in charge of all that I do and in order to prove myself, I've made quite a few changes. I'm more organized, more driven, I do more research and more planning, I care more about safety, and am more careful with money. I also still relay all that I do to my parents, considering that is their right since they're funding this experience. Simply put, I've grown greatly as a person since college began.

I love the Honors Program here. I messed up early in High School and allowed my GPA to drop. It is nice for me because the requirements to get in aren't essessive, but the Honors course work really makes you focus. I see it as a second chance, and so far I'm loving it! Oh, and on a side note about the Honors Program: the classes are small, I'm in two this semester that are 6 and 11 students, it really helps me get the learning experience I wanted.

Living in the dorm is not the most fun thing in the world, but then again... I don't like loud people or lousy internet, and most dorms have that. Still, it is the worst thing I can think of about the school.

Keegan

College has done a lot for me. First off it has allowed me to work with people who are still active in their craft. I get first hand experience and can shape myself into what I want to become. I also have been broadened to schools of thought that I personally enjoy and take vested interest in. I've been able to read great works of literature and the be taught things about them that I would have never thought of. College has truly made me into a well-rounded intellectual and philosophical actor, and I personally believe the opinions and knowledge that one is exposed to in college is extremely wonderful to the molding of a human mind and imagination.

The most frustrating thing about UWF is a lack of clearity and organization when it comes to clubs and organizations, and many things in general. I find it hard to know who to ask or where to look to find out what I need to know. I like clear and percise answers and routes to answers should be just as clear.

The University of West Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.