The University of West Florida

« See more reviews of The University of West Florida

Scholarships. I wish I knew how important they were--though you could say that about any school. I suppose the big thing that catches people off guard at UWF is the meal plan. Every freshman living in a dorm is required to buy a meal plan that cost over $500. 10 meals a week and $300 'Argo' bucks is the least you can purchase. No one uses it all, and they don't roll over to the next semester (when you have to buy it again). Also, the food leaves something to be desired.

I wish I had known that the school was so big on sciences because I'm not studying science, I'm studying journalism and the journalism program isn't as big as I would want it to be. I also wish I knew that I would have to work harder once I got here. I thought it would be just like high school but it definitely isn't. I wish I knew how much I would miss my family and wish I could visit them on the weekends which I can't because I live 12 hours away.

How much better it is than a junior college. I attended Junior College prior to entering UWF and I regret not just going straight into UWF after High School. UWF is much better at guiding students in the direction they want to go, and instead at the junior college I was attending they didn't help me at all and I ended up taking unrequired classes and wasting time.

I wish i had known that choosing to live in the apartment style dorms is convient because you have your own kitchen, laundry facility, and room. However it is not convient to campus. It was hard meeting friends at first because I would have to walk or take the trolley to get to the commons where all the activities took place.

There is a big difference between high school and college, but if u stick to your study habits you will be fine. Get involved in everything possible because it increases your experience of college. Talk and meet with prospective students at your school's orientation. The people you see at orientation you will see at school.

I wish that I was more prepared on how to juggle playing a varsity sport and being a full time student. Most athelets when they are put in this position do not know what to do and then they adapt to their situation and having already a set schedule and plan to follow for the rest of their higher level of education.

I wish I would have known before I came to this school how little of parking there is. You better arrive thirty minutes early for class so you can park two miles away and have time to walk all the way to class. Better bring a long board or skate board to make it quick!

Before I came to this school, I wish I would of known the town better because it would of allowed me to find things a lot quicker. Also, I wish I would have been given more information on the different opportunites to join numerous clubs they had here on campus.

I wish I would have known more about the clubs and extra curricular activities offered on campus. There are so many offered that I had no idea about! There really is a club for just about everything!

I wish I had done more research on the Zoo Science program because I didn't realize the program didn't have it's own department and is mostly business classes.