The University of West Florida

« See more reviews of The University of West Florida

The University of West Florida is a relatively small state university with a student population of roughly ten thousand students. The University uses this to ensure small class sizes, personalized learning, and that no student will fall through the cracks. The transition from high school to college is never easy and, thanks to the massive amounts of free time associated with college life, tends to cause students to fall behind. The UWF understands how overwhelming this change can be, and does its best to ensure that students are all provided for to reduces failure rates.

The best thing about my school is the class size. I have seen friends in other univerisities become overwhelmed with the size and pressure of large schools. This school is a bit less-prestigious than some, but the classes allow for a lot of learning if you take them seriously. This is possible because each and every student has a chance to engage in the class, join in the discussion, and ask questions if they need to... all because of the small class size (my average class has had 40 students).

The best thing about my school is probably the housing. There are many options for on campus housing and I would definitely recomend it as it is a great resource to make new friends. The rooms are actually very big compared to other colleges and universities. I am currently in a triple as a freshman and I have room for all of my things (and trust me, I have a lot) and it is not very crowded. Plus, none of the dorms have community style bathrooms, which is awesome!

I love the Honors Program here. I messed up early in High School and allowed my GPA to drop. It is nice for me because the requirements to get in aren't essessive, but the Honors course work really makes you focus. I see it as a second chance, and so far I'm loving it! Oh, and on a side note about the Honors Program: the classes are small, I'm in two this semester that are 6 and 11 students, it really helps me get the learning experience I wanted.

The best thing about the University of West Florida is the opportunity to get to know and work closely with your professors due to the smaller student population. I was able to participate in things I wound not get to, such as joining in on my prof's research projects, which gave me a very different educational opportunity. They were able to speak to me individually and encourage me in a personal way that has shaped me in a lasting way.

In many high school classes, teachers barely take the time to get to know their students by their learning styles, mannerisms in class, and even by name; this can also be said for more than a few colleges. The University of West Florida provides a classroom environment in which instructors are personally invested in students' academic journeys and willingly work with them through all trials over the course of a semester and beyond.

It is a small school so everyone knows each other and where everything is. You don't have to trek miles to get to your class, and if you don't know where something is, you can ask anyone and the'll tell you. Also, the honors program is one of the best in the nation. The people here actually care about you, and most know you by name. Honors classes are 15 kids max, and all my proffesors-even in the large classes-know my name.

When I first chose this school, the best thing about it was it's love of the environment. It is set back an several hundred acres of forested land. Recently however, The University of West Florida has begun deforestation heavily within the campus and it's really getting rid of the beautiful environmental aspect that it claims to have. The best thing now about the school is the food and it's gym.

I consider the location of my school the best thing about it! UWF is located right next to Escambia Bay, so I get the pleasure of looking out over the bay everyday before I start class and everyday when I leave class. Also, the university is located only 20 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. So on days when i don't have homework, I am able to go to the beach and just relax with all of my friends.

One of the best attributes about The University of West Florida is that the facility is filled with well educated professors, who are passionate about their work, and are committed to educating their students. They are determined to educate their students with all of the necessary knowledge and skills needed to succeed for their students' future career.