The University of West Florida Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of West Florida

Halee

over all the university of west Florida is a great campus. the faculty are helpful, and are usually quick to respond. the campus also has several easy to use services to help students in areas that they struggle in; such as the writing lab that provides tutoring and paper readings, as well as ACE that provides general tutoring for students. Also, the library is amazing, and has a Starbucks in side it for late nights.

Alexis

I have never a apart of a more close-knit community than that of UWF. Not only are the students here very friendly and eager to help, UWF offers programs such as Argo Camp, a three-day summer camp for incoming freshmen, to help make first time in college students feel welcome and at home here at UWF. We all support each other and want each other to succeed. It's great to be an Argo.

Jaci

I love this school! It is the perfect combination of a big school campus with a homey small school feel. All of the staff has set you up for success and our school spirit in incomparable. Go Argos!

Andrea

The campus feels very safe and I am comfortable walking by myself. The food is good depending on what you get. Housing is average. Faculty and staff is sometimes hard to work with because I have to jump through several hoops to get anywhere. Overall, it's a nice school.

Tiffany

I think that I am considering this college because it has a really good journalism program and is a great school.

My sisters went here and they say it's pretty good but they had problems with people constantly changing the requirements for their majors.

David

It is a fantastic school. From the start of the first semester everyone has been extremely friendly and welcoming. All residents of the dorms I stay at make it a habit to meet everyone and try to make the atmosphere as positive as possible. The campus is easy to get around by car or foot and all of the facilities are well maintained. As a music major and a pledge to the fraternity Alpha Tau Omega, I have constant activities to keep me busy and no matter what I do, I have a big group of colleagues to support me. Overall, I Thoroughly enjoy the University of West Florida and I'm very glad to be here.

Nicholas

It is a good college to go to without breaking the bank. This is even more true for in-state students, but it is not the worst for anyone. I would absolutely recommend UWF to students looking into STEM fields as I am as the professors are generally excellent and more than willing to give valuable experience on practical issues.

Brianna

The campus is small and the community is great. The surrounding area is great with lots of history and cultures! The surrounding area is safe with beautiful scenery and something new to see and discover with each day that comes. There is always something going on or a new groups to meet.

Alex

The University of West Florida is a beautiful school with lots of activities happening on campus at all times. The community is very diverse and there is always somewhere to fit in and feel comfortable. Also the facility is very helpful and the classes are great.

Aaron

So far it has been an adequate college. What is lacks in facilities it makes up for in small class size and caring professors. In addition, its low tuition rates coupled with the universal need to do better really makes for an interesting student body. It's an alright place.

Amy

I thoroughly enjoyed the school when I attending. I didn't live on campus, but the campus itself was beautiful. However, the buildings were not easy to find and the signs didn't match up with the parking allotted to that building. The class size was small unless it was a general course, but the classes weren't too large that I felt disconnected. I enjoyed the classes I took, and I felt that UWF's Social Work program was pretty extensive and prepared me for a career in social work.

Grace

UWF is a real community. Students and faculty are so nice and down to earth. There is so much opportunity here. UWF is growing every year into a bigger and better campus. I would recommend to any student looking for a smaller college with a lot of opportunity.

Dante

The University of West Florida is up and coming. We will be the next big University in Florida and that will put Pensacola on the map. Pensacola is very underrated, so the expansion of the university will help. I encourage any and everyone to attend.

Robin

I love the school. The professors are available and give appropriate feedback and direction when needed. The campus is lovely and kept well. The campus does a good job to make one feel safe. My son is a student as well and has great direction from his advisors. So from 19 (my son) - 50's(myself) I can attest for the way we feel and how grateful we are a part of the an amazing academic environment.

Nate

Great smaller University, steadily growing and improving. The smaller class sizes allow a student to have a more personal and helpful relationship with professors rather than being another number in the masses. Also provides a more tight knit community feeling.

Jaylen

I am very fond of the University of West Florida. I came here for the renowned Marine Biology department which is one of the best in the state of Florida. I find UWF as a perfect match for me as it is a comforting campus with smaller class sizes and easy accessibility to professors. The diversity on campus is very noticeable as students come from all over to receive a quality education. I appreciate the city of Pensacola too as it is not a huge city so it I do not get lost or get into trouble which I might have anticipated if I would have gone to a university in a bigger city.

Love it

Terra

The University of West Florida is an excellent college for someone looking for a low key college experience. There is enough to keep you busy but not so much you get consumed. The professors are incredible and take time with their students. UWF does everything to set each student for success.

When you think of the "college experience" this school is the opposite. I only stayed at the University of West Florida for one year and then transferred. It's not a bad school, just boring. I would not personally recommend the school to prospective students.

Cristina

The University of West Florida is the perfect college for any and everyone. There is something for everyone here. The nursing program here is amazing one of the best in Florida for graduation rates. Our class sizes are hand picked to have a reasonable professor to student ratio. The professors are usually always available and if not, make time for their students. A ll my professors know my name Im not just a number here.

Natalie

The University of West Florida has something to offer everyone. The university attracts thousands of international students every year, in addition to students from all over the United States. The professors at UWF are incredible. They instill in their students a passion for the subject of which they teach. The campus is located on a nature conservatory, nestled within the pines. The University of West Florida is a great choice for any student.

Amber

campus is nice with friendly and informative staff. Peers are great and all willing to learn. I wish there was more options for class times and days. In the art program the classes are very long with only so many classes to choose from which makes it difficult for non traditional students to coordinate classes with their home life.

I have been here for one semester and I love it so much. It quickly became my home! There is a mix of everything for any student. I know a lot of students that go out and party with their greek life, but most of my friends are studious. We often engage in intense debates or find ways to enhance our level of culture. The downtown of Pensacola is rich in art and history ( and bars if you go at night). Pensacola is very diverse, but there may not seem to be much to do in the beginning; however, if you look around (or ask a local) it's amazing the little adventures you can find. The professor's here are really amazing and try very hard to get to know their students. They are approachable and understanding. UWF is an amazing school that I would recommend to anyone looking to explore themselves and experience college to the fullest.

Thalia

UWF is a school that really cares about you, there are plenty of things available for you to create the best experience for yourself. Class sizes aren't too big which makes things less overwhelming and you feel connected to what's happening. Lots of opportunities here.

Jenna

Love it, will consider staying for secondary degree

The University of West Florida is a really diverse campus. The classes I've taken so far have been academically challenging but manageable because the professor's here work with you. I'm entering my second semester here and I really feel that there are a lot of opportunities for me to get involved. The University pushes for student involvement which is a great way to meet new people and connections. I love this school, class sizes aren't too big and the campus is easy to navigate after a few tries.

Dalena

I have only been on the campus for the summer semester, so I have not experienced the busy fall and spring semesters. I transferred in from a small state college. UWF is a good school. On campus housing is extremely expensive but there are tons of apartments near by the school that is much cheaper rent wise. The food that I have had from their all you can eat buffet (not on food plan) is meh, besides the salad bar because that is awesome. The bookstore is pricey and we got uniforms late and everything is very last minute (I recommend getting things elsewhere for prices). There is an undergraduate building that can help with advising and financial things, all in one place, which is nice. You can always email or call different people for anything you need. You have to speak to an adviser (either over phone or in person) before each semester to get a registration pin which can be a pain but at the same time it is good to make sure you are taking the right classes, if you arent sure. There are tons of buildings throughout the campus and the map is horrible, if you are actually trying to use it. There is a ton of walking to each building and the parking permits are pricey. You can use the map thing on the school site to get directions to places through your phone. So far the teachers I have had have been great but I am in the nursing program and only did one class before the program (but online) at this school. The campus is very nice though. They have trails, you can rent kayaks and canoes to go on the river or lake (have not been so not sure). The library is like six floors which is awesome and you can rent smartboards, laptops, ipads, and go pros. If you have the funding to go here, I think its a great school but pros and cons. The cost of classes here compared to the state college I went to before is at least 3x the cost.

Bethany

I absolutely adore the University of West Florida. It is an amazing school with a beautiful campus and excellent community. The professors are always willing to help and the students are welcoming. Something is always happening on campus and anyone can get involved. It is a bit on the smaller side which means you can have a real relationship with your peers and professors. There are hiking paths, a pool, a great gym, a rock wall, group fitness classes, and so many other things to do. It is such a fantastic school. I cannot imagine being anywhere else.

The university is a great choice. It's more affordable than practically any other major university in Florida. I love my department and find it to be the perfect niche for me. I would never take back my decision to go there. The musical theatre department is my home and family. The school has provided me with opportunities I wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. That being said, the general education classes I've taken haven't been very helpful or interesting. The professors that teach them - some of them, anyway - don't seem to be very knowledgeable and I didn't enjoy those classes as much. On campus housing is just OK, and the food is underestimated. It's overall a pretty great school!

Bailey

I think that the University of West Florida allows students to experience a big school, while still providing the atmosphere of a small school. There are plenty of opportunities on campus, the students just have to take advantage of them. I think the campus has a lot of room to grow, but I think it is still an enjoyable college experience.

Dawson

It's the perfect school for somebody not looking for a huge party scene. It is in Pensacola, which is deceptively boring, but that gives it a great atmosphere as a quieter alternative to a huge "Brand Name" college. There are quite a bit of opportunities as well and it's not hard to get into the groove of things. Overall UWF is a great school.

Nadia

I began my career at the University of West Florida in 2011 and I graduate in 2015. This was before the football. I have gone back to visit a few times and I am extremely proud of what the school has become. In my time as a student I made many lasting friendships and I enjoyed the atmosphere​ of the school. The smaller class sizes were ideal for me and I totally recommend them to anyone. Go Argos!

Allee

Overall, great campus environment. The faculty and staff at the University of West Florida genuinely care and strive to provide the best services for their students. I have had the honor of being part of many diverse campus student organizations . UWF has challenged me to grow in ways I would have never thought possible.

Jacob

The most underrated college in the entire country. It stands out above every other college I know of where the student to teacher ratio is small, but the opportunities and things students take part in are huge. This is definitely the place to make a splash!

Kaitlyn

So far my experience at the university has been amazing. There is always something to do on campus wether its a movie night or a game night. There is always someone there to help you if you need it. The gym is one of my favorite places to go there are new equipment and a pool for you to cool off after a hard work out. The hot tub is nice to sit in to relax after a long day in class. This school has everything I was looking for and more!

Desiray

I have a very high opinion of the University of West Florida. The class size makes it to where I can have relationships with my professors. The professors know how to explain the subjects well and make sure you know what they are talking about. The campus is beautiful and they do their best to keep students safe.

Andrew

Super! Great! Awesome! The University of West Florida is one of the greatest schools in Florida because of the community. They offer great business programs for business majors. They have such nice employees and professors . They have a great spirit for activities and events.

Gabirianna

The University of West Florida makes achieving a postsecondary education pleasurable. Sitting on the edge of Pensacola, Fl, this university offers a wide range of extracurriculars. With over 20 miles of trails, the beauty of this campus is unimaginable. The rigorous academics that UWF offers will help you leave college with having extensive knowledge about your field. Campus life is intimate, creating a close-knit campus. UWF also has a large population of non-traditional students, making the campus diverse. The University of West Florida is affordable, enjoyable for all, and overall a wonderful college to pursue a higher education at.

Lucy

I like the accessibility of classes and assignments through Canvas and that people on my course are mostly mature students. This makes me feel more confident as we all already have experience in our field. It is reasonably priced and offers many learning opportunities.

Crystal

Although I am an online student, I have the opportunity to connect other students. My answers are based off of conversations that I have had with them. Overall I feel that UWF is very student oriented. I am constantly receiving emails about students events, or someone asking if I need help with anything. The professors have been readily available and have always given great advice if I find myself overwhelmed! I have recommended this school to several of my co workers!

Benny

The University of West Florida is a beautiful campus. There are plenty of walking trails located on campus. There is a beautiful sandy white beach and a downtown area with resurants and bars only thirty minutes away. The student population is not very large so there is a huge opportunity to get to know professors on a personal level. The professors have an open door policy and are available for questions about the subject or just about life. I am grateful to have the opportunity to study at UWF.

Natalie

It’s a great college, with a nice campus that is safe and inviting! There’s always tons of fun events going on and plenty to do! The food court is always full of good and healthy options. Everyone is super friendly and it’s easy to make friends! The teachers are supportive and will help you if you’re having problems in a class.

Daniel

A great school in a great area. The Academics are great, and anyone can contact the professors. Like all schools, there are some lousy teachers, but as a whole, the school is great. I recommend anyone to come here to Pensacola! The sports as well are national championship caliber.

It is a wonderful college with a beautiful campus that I hope I will soon be able to join. The academic opportunities are wonderful and there are plenty of recreational activities for people who don't want to get involved competitively. Overall, it is an incredible campus.

Elliana

My overall opinion of University of West Florida would be that is my dream school. All of their faculty and staff are the kindest I have met. It is my dream to attend the university, as they have an excellent nursing and medical program. I also plan to apply for housing and live on campus with the multiple friends I have attending there also. The gym is gigantic, available to everyone, and sports rooms for nearly anyone to have fun in. From a rock climbing wall, an indoor pool, and even an indoor track! By far one of the most amazing campus' I have been on and I hope that I will be accepted and be able to enjoy that experience for myself.