Thomas Jefferson University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Thomas Jefferson University

Seda

Jefferson East Falls is a place that gives you a warm hug each time you step on campus. It's a small school, so you tend to build a second family pretty quickly. The class sizes are small, so you get to have a personal connection with your professors. The dorms aren't bad, and some of them are actually pretty nice. The campus is small, park-like, and beautiful. I always feel safe, even alone at night. Even though we are small, sports are still taken seriously, as well as academics. Overall, amazing school.

Julia

This is a review for the center city campus, not East Falls. I think this is a great school for those interested in the healthcare field and it is also a great school for commuters, especially since it is a few blocks away from Jefferson station, PATCO, and the broad street line. The tuition is a bit much however.

Ruchoma

This is a agreat sschool that has a number of health-related programs. This is not the place to go if you are looking for parties because most students are pretty career focused. This school utilizes a number of cutting-edge educational techniques and theories. They also have a cool interaction between humanities and healtcare programs.

Julia

Great school for academics but not the best school socially and extra curricular wise. There is a lot to do in the surrounding area if you are at the center city campus. The East Falls campus probably has better extra curricular activities. Housing is expensive and most people seem to commute from off campus.

Gabriella

Overall, Jefferson is a very amazing academic and extracurricular activity school. The food and campus housing is okay. However, the Nursing program is really amazing and is full of professors that really want to teach you. My experience here has been great and I have made some really awesome friends because of my experience here!

Karime

It is a small community with an excellent staff that cares about their students and their success. However, due to its suburban location, it is a bit difficult going out with friends. Then, due to Thomas Jefferson Students not receiving public transportation accommodations, going out can have a dent on our bank accounts.

Jacqueline

Thomas Jefferson has a wholesome atmosphere that allows those who visit to feel welcomed. I felt my presence was accepted instead of feeling like a burden. The campus is lifestyle and arrangement of buildings allows those who visit to see its close proximity of its surroundings which provides people easy access to facilities. I enjoyed the closeness of the buildings because the students are able to feel connected with other majors. The area provides a variety of food which is convenient for those with specific diets so accommodate their needs. The areas to eat are spacious and contribute television sets to give students the time to relax while eating. The professors are very caring and knowledgable in their field of expertise. They were able to provide masses of information about their programs to give those visiting as many details as they could. I appreciated the passion each professor had because it shows that they really enjoy what they do. The students are just as nice as well. They are passionate about what they are studying and show that hard work is a key component. They shared that the school is filled with opportunities and gave a positive summary of their time already spent at the university. The location of the school is beneficial because it’s not directly in the city, so a person is able to have privacy all the while, if they want to go to the city, they have easy access to transportation.

Nneka

I do appreciate certain aspects of the university, such as the campus, location, class size, etc. However, I do feel that the high price of tuition and housing should accommodate for more from the campus. For example, the conditions of the housing is not worth the money and the wi-fi coverage definitely needs to be improved.

Jordan

TJU has its pros and its cons like every other school. The campus life is exciting, the housing is not bad, and there are plenty of opportunities. However, I have run into some issues when needing assistance with technology, accessing online textbooks, my grades, and other matters. Nonetheless, I am proud to be a Jefferson Ram.

Regina

My school is very well known for my major, Industrial Design. Our facility is always able to help and meet with us if there are problems. Although we are on East Falls campus, there is always plenty to do in center city Philadelphia, and has easy access to get there. Overall, the campus is clean and well maintained.

Thomas Jefferson University is an extremely innovative school. The staff and students are all amazingly supportive and there are a plethora of helpful resources at your fingertips. This college will go above and beyond to help you succeed not only while enrolled but in your careers as well. They prepare you for the ever changing future. I highly recommend this college to anyone wanting to better their lives.

Rebecca

I originally attended Philadelphia University, which was later bought out by Thomas Jefferson. So I might be bias, because in many ways I was robbed of the education I thought I was getting. However, even with this in mind the professors are amazing. In four years I only ever disliked one educator, and everyone else , even those who thought subjects I did not like, or had views I don't agree with were simply amazing people. The school values very particular and rare things in it's education of students. Their Hallmarks program emphasized empathy, citizenship, and teamwork in ways I don't think many other schools do. Coarse objectives were things like "empathy for those different then yourself" or "cultural understanding". This was what made my education so singular and exceptional- I was enriched by the demands of my professors and the subjects they thought, and my world view was expanded in ways I would have assumed could only be reached by travel. While the campus was beautiful, housing is subpar. Buildings are poorly maintained and often uncleaned, and while that's acceptable in many ways the school is too expensive to excuse this. Since the merger, administration has become much less helpful. Everything Thomas Jefferson does is very impersonal, and finding the right person to help you is a challenge.

Erin

This school is great. Located just outside of Philly gives a safe feeling away from the city but close enough that you can go in for a day trip! The school has great educational opportunities and the teachers are always here to help. The school is expanded and redefining so there is a lot of chaos but in the best way possible!