Norfolk, VA
Tidewater Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tidewater Community College

Amber

I would just tell myself that you dont have to know what you have to do yet. Not to stress out about not knowing what your doing becuase everyone else doesnt know what they are doing either. I would tell myself to do and go to what ever school I wanted to and not worry so much about the money. Loans are going to be unavoidble. I would tell myself to workless and go to school more, I would make myself study more and get better grades. I would also tell myself to go to the portsmouth campus more its a great place to be. Number one thing I ave learned though is that I cant do everything, to not take that full time job and think going to school full time will work. It didnt work for me. Oh and take more online classes so I could get better at them.

I like how close it is to my home. It is easy to find a parking spot and, you dont have to walk to far to get to the school. The classes are smaller which is nice for people like me with learnign disabilities.

The only thing I really brag about it the money I am saving to go to this school. Also how easily I can talkt o my teachers about homework or anything else I need to know.

My school is excepting and educational.

My school is excepting and educational.

I would tell myself to start better studying habits and to enjoy your high school life while you can. While I was attending high school I would always to dreaming of the time I finally get to go to college but now I wish I spent more time just enjoying myself without worring to much about the future.

Someone who is ready for a higher education but is not ready for a university. Tidewater Community College is a good place to start your college expirence because it is smaller than a four year college. Plus if you have financal problems this college is cheaper.

To attend college as soon as i got out only because with time and evolution things change in the job market in the business field. I would change not trying to be in the lime like and be in my own like so i could excel as I am now. To have faith in my knowledge and blessed testimony to give back to a commuinty who is forever failing. I would push myself unlike those kids who think the streets are the best answer only, because it's fast money not thinking of the consequences to follow. I would take more consideration to the fact my mother worked hard and gave effort into finding the best teachers to make sure my education was given to me in a manner where i would graduate and become someone like she has for herself. So knowing what i do no that flash forward back then might have saved the lost years of a time in life where i made decision i coul dhave changed.

I wish i knew that the budget to attend here was a price that i could afford and not attend other places where loans had to be taken out . I wish that i knew that this School was here because the help i have gotten so far from here is amazing.

I don't consider anything worst about my School. Only because they give you a excellent opportunity to to graduate from and be guarantee you a chance to attend a 4 year college.

Jonathan

Dude, I'm you from the future, and I don''t got as much time as I'd love to have. See the resemblance and ID and everything? Yeah? Good. So here's what I've got to say to you. There's alot of stuff you gotta do, but its okay to mope for a couple of minutes when something goes wrong, no need to always fake a smile or else you'll burst one day. But don't linger on it too long or you'll wind up hurting yourself and others. As far as appearances and friends go, you gotta get out more. Its okay to be a little passive, but you gotta take the initiative sometimes. if you wanna explore and try out some new things or even invite a friend over. Ditch some poisonous friends though. Clothing and jank? The inside may be what counts, but the outer normally reflects the inner, so stay classy. Do some self-discovery, research, and some cynical analysis and figure out what you wanna do in life. Find out early so you can get started early, and remember to rely on others for help, you aren't alone

I gotta say its the area and some of the local transportation. Yeah, there's no shuttles or buses specifically made for the school, but there's alot of things nearby that anyone can take advantage of rather easily. there's also alot of good local places to check out as well

Eh, this campus appeals to just about everyone, I mean, even the wallflowers have their own spot to hang out, and there's some online classes too. I guess peeps uninterested in college shouldn't go here, but then again they shouldn't go to college in the first place

Keyanda

I wish I would have went off to a 4 year college and pursued nursing off the bat! I graduated high school 2005 and here it is 2014 and im not where I need to be. I spent alot of time just wasting time. I should have been applying to universities my whole senior year.

Good School to do prerequisities if you are trying to go into the nursing field such as myself

I do not brag about the school. It is a typical community college, but this specific location on TCC ( Norfolk Campus) is surrounded by great restaurants and a mall.

ALICIA

The uniqueness of Tidewater Community College compared with other higher education institution is the program-to-program articulation agreements. TCC has agreements with 15 other universities/ colleges. This agreement provides a tremendous benefit for students in that they generally provide comparable courses to aid in transferring to a four-year college or university. Students are tasked with regularly checking in with an academic advisor to keep current of acceptable classes and agreements. TCC has truly embraced its motto “From here Go Anywhere” making it a smooth transaction where transferring schools.

It is unquestionable that the Alicia 36 has multiple gifts of information for Alicia 17.Narrowing down the different areas; I will speak about parenting, education and fashion. At my current age, I can appreciate what it takes to become a successful parent. Between the day to day, extra- curricular activities and medical appointments I stay busy, not to mention the stress of being a full-time employee and student, wife and mom. I would explain that the lessons my parents taught me about being appreciative, developing good work ethic and importance of family are beneficial and not “STUPID”. The whole I send you to school to learn phrase and not a fashion show means more to me today then in 1994. In 1994, I refused to wear clothing without a name brand, carrying a book bag what not allow passerby’s eyes to take in my . Little did I not know that these passerby’s eyes were not looking at me but past me. The algebra classes would prove beneficial applying for mortgages. Solving for “x” determines whether I will be bring my lunch or be able to take a nice trip to the café in my office building.

The most challenging issue facing students at Tidewater Community College is parking. I have taken classes at each of the four campuses. The Norfolk campus is based out of a heavy populated downtown area. Students are charged a flat $25 fee per semester in order to park in designed garages. The biggest problem is the distance of the garages to the instructional area. The Virginia Beach campus has an insufficient amount of parking spaces to accommodate students. The Chesapeake and Portsmouth campuses are currently under construction. The supplies needed by workers decrease the amount of spaces available to students.

Henreese

TCC is made for the students. Everything they have is focus around the students and what they need to succeed.

I have not found nothing that is frustrating about TCC.

Chelsea

Tidewater Community College is known for many things. However there is one aspect that comes to mind: its large, diverse enrolled population. TCC is not for a particular "type" of individual. It's equally a great experience for recent highschool graduates as it is for parents who are trying to balance family, careers, and education all at once.

Overall, I am very content with the decisions I made in high school. I took courses that gave college credit, allowing me to have a much more flexible schedule currently, and I took pride in my good grades. However, I would tell myself to improve my concentration skills. Focus on what the teacher has to say while still taking good notes, but make sure not to listen "too" hard. I found myself trying to interpret every last word that my AP Biology teacher said, as if there were a hidden meaning. There wasn't, and there were many times where I ended up missing a lot of information! Just focus on the big picture, and if a detail sounds important, jot it down. Don't get carried away!

I have no complaints about the professors or the location. The worst thing about Tidewater Community College is its sheer population. There are so many newly enrolled students each semester that general elective classes are filled within a few days, and parking tends to be a hassle. However, there has been talk of hiring new teachers to accomodate the student body, and parking lots are being built.

Christina

The flexibility of classes and the times at which they are provided are really convinient for me as an older student.

If I could go back to 2001 I would have tried to convince myself to go to college after High School. The economy is terrible right now and trying to find work is next to impossible for people who don't have college degrees. I would have told myself that continuing education would have been the best way to secure a career in the future, a career that I would have loved to work in, one that would have been part of my waking life. I also would have tried to teach my younger self to be more patient and not worry so much about things we cannot control in life, to treasure friends and family more because I will wind up losing touch with some of the most important and influencial people I have ever known. To tell myself its okay to stand out, to be different, never lose touch with who I really am; that losing yourself to make others happy is no way to live. To never give up and settle for less than I deserve, to use my full potential and never sell myself short.

Honestly, the snacks in the machines are way too expensive, no joke.

Krystal

I would tell myself to be more on the ball and don't procrastinate. Also working hard really does pay off in the end, even if it seems like theres no use. Lastly I would advise myself to not do more than I can handle, take it slow.

I haven't come across realy anything bad about TCC. The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is the financial aid office works too slow doesn't have enough representitives.

Really there is no one that shouldn't attend TCC, it's a great transition/inbetween school and money saver. It's also great if you want to go back to college to finish something or to just learn more.

Tidewater Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.