Norfolk, VA
Tidewater Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tidewater Community College

Ariel

If I could go back in time, I would let myself know to manage my time more for studying, join more clubs or sports, and prepare myself to apply for Universities or 4 year colleges before the deadline. Managing my time more would help me in getting a higher GPA. Joining clubs or sports would help my resume for entering a 4 year college. Not procastinating would help meet the deadlines for the colleges. Overall, high school was a good experience, I just wish I worked harder to help my future education. Now that I am in college, I am more focused and have a better motivation to strive for my goals.

I wish I would of known the more of the resources at the school such as the computer lab.

I brag most about the enviornment at my school. The teachers are excellent at teaching, resources are endless, and overall it is a very clean and organized school. Staff and students are pleasant and I enjoy coming to school.

Marianna

I think that it's lovely! I have the opportunity to get all of my General Education requirements completed before transferring (to Hollins). Another plus is the fact that I am close to my family and near my campus there are a ton of cool things to do.

I think that the stereotype of community college students is that we are dumb, or lazy and that we couldn't get into bigger schools. That could't be farther from the truth! Community college students are actually VERY smart. We know that it's more economically smart to take general education classes at a local college and then transfer to a uni thus saving you time and money.

The Phi Beta Kappa and the SAAB (Student African-American Brotherhood). Activity wise it's humpday dodgeball and the freshmart which is a bi-monthly farmers market that comes to campus.

TCC has three different campuses and the one that I attend is home to the mathematics and scientific sides of the college. In VA Beach (approx 20 mins away) most of the language classes are held there and the Chesapeake campus (15-17 mins away) houses theater, film and art classes.

DeNiro

I would have to say that the staff here genuinely care about the students success. Most of the professors actually care about your standing in their class and offer to take time off to help students. They also provide tutoring services for people who are strugling in their academic studies.

Hey it's your future self here, I want you to read this carefully and adhere to my advice. Stay focused on your grades this last year and most importantly the material taught. You actually need to know this stuff in order to get through college. I know it may seem useless in the real world but it will help spare you from the countless hours of studying. Some of it you will need to know if you still want to become the great engineer we both know we're capable of. Also get a job and save your money and dont waste it on useless junk. Now is the time to start applying for scholoarships not later. If you have to take some time off from sports and focus on your academics then due so. We can do it, you just have to stay focused on our goal and keep pushing forward. Your going to have a fun time, and learn many new things and hey, good luck kid.

I have noticed that TCC is great at organizing everything but their academics. What I mean is, if you miss a class most times you're left in the dark and cant get caught up. I would like to see them set up an online grading site where you can actually see your current standings for each class that you're taking, as well as each assignment for that particular class and the due dates. This proposal would tremendously help with the feedback between students and teachers and would alow us to always stay on top of our assignments.

Amber

I would just tell myself that you dont have to know what you have to do yet. Not to stress out about not knowing what your doing becuase everyone else doesnt know what they are doing either. I would tell myself to do and go to what ever school I wanted to and not worry so much about the money. Loans are going to be unavoidble. I would tell myself to workless and go to school more, I would make myself study more and get better grades. I would also tell myself to go to the portsmouth campus more its a great place to be. Number one thing I ave learned though is that I cant do everything, to not take that full time job and think going to school full time will work. It didnt work for me. Oh and take more online classes so I could get better at them.

I like how close it is to my home. It is easy to find a parking spot and, you dont have to walk to far to get to the school. The classes are smaller which is nice for people like me with learnign disabilities.

The only thing I really brag about it the money I am saving to go to this school. Also how easily I can talkt o my teachers about homework or anything else I need to know.

My school is excepting and educational.

My school is excepting and educational.

I would tell myself to start better studying habits and to enjoy your high school life while you can. While I was attending high school I would always to dreaming of the time I finally get to go to college but now I wish I spent more time just enjoying myself without worring to much about the future.

Someone who is ready for a higher education but is not ready for a university. Tidewater Community College is a good place to start your college expirence because it is smaller than a four year college. Plus if you have financal problems this college is cheaper.

To attend college as soon as i got out only because with time and evolution things change in the job market in the business field. I would change not trying to be in the lime like and be in my own like so i could excel as I am now. To have faith in my knowledge and blessed testimony to give back to a commuinty who is forever failing. I would push myself unlike those kids who think the streets are the best answer only, because it's fast money not thinking of the consequences to follow. I would take more consideration to the fact my mother worked hard and gave effort into finding the best teachers to make sure my education was given to me in a manner where i would graduate and become someone like she has for herself. So knowing what i do no that flash forward back then might have saved the lost years of a time in life where i made decision i coul dhave changed.

I wish i knew that the budget to attend here was a price that i could afford and not attend other places where loans had to be taken out . I wish that i knew that this School was here because the help i have gotten so far from here is amazing.

I don't consider anything worst about my School. Only because they give you a excellent opportunity to to graduate from and be guarantee you a chance to attend a 4 year college.

Jonathan

Dude, I'm you from the future, and I don''t got as much time as I'd love to have. See the resemblance and ID and everything? Yeah? Good. So here's what I've got to say to you. There's alot of stuff you gotta do, but its okay to mope for a couple of minutes when something goes wrong, no need to always fake a smile or else you'll burst one day. But don't linger on it too long or you'll wind up hurting yourself and others. As far as appearances and friends go, you gotta get out more. Its okay to be a little passive, but you gotta take the initiative sometimes. if you wanna explore and try out some new things or even invite a friend over. Ditch some poisonous friends though. Clothing and jank? The inside may be what counts, but the outer normally reflects the inner, so stay classy. Do some self-discovery, research, and some cynical analysis and figure out what you wanna do in life. Find out early so you can get started early, and remember to rely on others for help, you aren't alone

I gotta say its the area and some of the local transportation. Yeah, there's no shuttles or buses specifically made for the school, but there's alot of things nearby that anyone can take advantage of rather easily. there's also alot of good local places to check out as well

Eh, this campus appeals to just about everyone, I mean, even the wallflowers have their own spot to hang out, and there's some online classes too. I guess peeps uninterested in college shouldn't go here, but then again they shouldn't go to college in the first place

Keyanda

I wish I would have went off to a 4 year college and pursued nursing off the bat! I graduated high school 2005 and here it is 2014 and im not where I need to be. I spent alot of time just wasting time. I should have been applying to universities my whole senior year.

Good School to do prerequisities if you are trying to go into the nursing field such as myself

I do not brag about the school. It is a typical community college, but this specific location on TCC ( Norfolk Campus) is surrounded by great restaurants and a mall.

ALICIA

The uniqueness of Tidewater Community College compared with other higher education institution is the program-to-program articulation agreements. TCC has agreements with 15 other universities/ colleges. This agreement provides a tremendous benefit for students in that they generally provide comparable courses to aid in transferring to a four-year college or university. Students are tasked with regularly checking in with an academic advisor to keep current of acceptable classes and agreements. TCC has truly embraced its motto “From here Go Anywhere” making it a smooth transaction where transferring schools.

It is unquestionable that the Alicia 36 has multiple gifts of information for Alicia 17.Narrowing down the different areas; I will speak about parenting, education and fashion. At my current age, I can appreciate what it takes to become a successful parent. Between the day to day, extra- curricular activities and medical appointments I stay busy, not to mention the stress of being a full-time employee and student, wife and mom. I would explain that the lessons my parents taught me about being appreciative, developing good work ethic and importance of family are beneficial and not “STUPID”. The whole I send you to school to learn phrase and not a fashion show means more to me today then in 1994. In 1994, I refused to wear clothing without a name brand, carrying a book bag what not allow passerby’s eyes to take in my . Little did I not know that these passerby’s eyes were not looking at me but past me. The algebra classes would prove beneficial applying for mortgages. Solving for “x” determines whether I will be bring my lunch or be able to take a nice trip to the café in my office building.

The most challenging issue facing students at Tidewater Community College is parking. I have taken classes at each of the four campuses. The Norfolk campus is based out of a heavy populated downtown area. Students are charged a flat $25 fee per semester in order to park in designed garages. The biggest problem is the distance of the garages to the instructional area. The Virginia Beach campus has an insufficient amount of parking spaces to accommodate students. The Chesapeake and Portsmouth campuses are currently under construction. The supplies needed by workers decrease the amount of spaces available to students.

Henreese

TCC is made for the students. Everything they have is focus around the students and what they need to succeed.

I have not found nothing that is frustrating about TCC.

Tidewater Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.