Norfolk, VA
Tidewater Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tidewater Community College

Angela

Tidewater Community College is wonderful.

Tidewater Community College is wonderful.

In High School I took cooking classes but did not take the educational path of Culinary Arts serious at the time in my life. I had a son while young so my focus was directed more to graduating and taking care of him rather than pursing my career. I am proud that I was successful in maintaining the welfare of my son and keeping up with my grades resulting in graduation but I really wish I had continued on the path to Culinary Arts. Even though I never stopped cooking and never stopped dreaming, I definitely would be further than I am in my area of specialty. Having influential people in my life encouraged me to stay in the field that I love. I not only encourage myself , that are in doubt, all that have responsibilities of family and all single mothers to never give up your dream.

At this point, I do not consider anything worst about Tidewater Community College. I really have enjoyed the staff, teachers and students, all have been really wonderful and great.

Bettyn

If I had the chance to go back and talk to "little Betty", I would sit and have a SERIOUS talk with her. First of all, I would tell her that in order to get into any good school, your grades have to look like you care. Bad grades will only lead to an average life. Knowing "little Betty", she wants more in life than that. There are countries to visit, famous people to meet, delicious food to eat, and in order to be able to experience the best of what life has to offer you, education comes first. I would also let her know that she needs to start searching for scholarships to schools. There are hundreds of grants and scholarships out there that are just waiting for the ver thirsty student to apply and persevere for. All we have to do is look. She would know that the world is tough, and if you do not have an education to back you up, you will have trouble finding a good job. I would let her know that a career is better than having just a job, because people pay more for you when you have a career.

No one. I think that everyone should have a fair advantage to an education. Some schools will not take students based on their credentials in high school, but to be totally honest, we're all just kids. We have to learn and need someone to be in our corner even with school.

I am really frustrated that the tuition has gone up, but we are not able to have all the necessary supplies we need. I am a Culinary Arts major, and we were told that we had to make cuts on food. That's like telling an art major that there isn't anymore paper or paint!

Tidewater Community College offers two year course plans for specific career tracks, and offers the ability to transfer to an accredited four year college, such as Old Dominion University, and Norfolk State University.

Knowing everything that I know today about college and the real world, I would have told myself to be more prepared. I was not very motivated in high school, hence why I did not attend college right after graduation. I would have looked for more scholarships and loans so that I would not have to deal with the stress of working full time and attending school full time, when I was not prepared. I should have been more organized, and I have learned my lesson from that.

Any kind of person should attend this school, but I specificially think it is very helpful for people that might be nervous to attend a large university first, so they can start at Tidewater Community first and work their way up.

Tidewater Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.