Tidewater Community College

« See more reviews of Tidewater Community College

The uniqueness of Tidewater Community College compared with other higher education institution is the program-to-program articulation agreements. TCC has agreements with 15 other universities/ colleges. This agreement provides a tremendous benefit for students in that they generally provide comparable courses to aid in transferring to a four-year college or university. Students are tasked with regularly checking in with an academic advisor to keep current of acceptable classes and agreements. TCC has truly embraced its motto “From here Go Anywhere” making it a smooth transaction where transferring schools.

The one thing unique about Tidewater Community College in comparison to the other schools I considered is the tuition. The schools I were accepted to were all private colleges and had small class sizes, just like Tidewater Community College, but they also had dormitories, extra fees, and they are hours away from home.

I would have to say that the staff here genuinely care about the students success. Most of the professors actually care about your standing in their class and offer to take time off to help students. They also provide tutoring services for people who are strugling in their academic studies.

Tidewater Community College offers two year course plans for specific career tracks, and offers the ability to transfer to an accredited four year college, such as Old Dominion University, and Norfolk State University.

The flexibility of classes and the times at which they are provided are really convinient for me as an older student.

TCC is made for the students. Everything they have is focus around the students and what they need to succeed.