Toccoa Falls, GA
Toccoa Falls College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Toccoa Falls College

Joshua

Make sure to visit the schools tha tthe student is interested in, that way they can get a feel for the school and get a layout of the land. It will also allow them to talk with some financial aid representatives to see about the money situation for the particular school. For the students, to make the most out of the college experience, they need to try new things, get involved, and be active. A good student is one who gets their work done, but they should also have a well develpoed social life, otherwise they will get burnt out and slowly break down. Some younger students may not be allowed to have vehicles, however there are plenty of older students who will be able to take a few people into town. The student should also explore the town and get to know the area as well while visiting the school, just to see what the community is like.

The best thing about my school would be the fact that most of the students are Christians and have a desire to learn more about God's word.

We have 4 waterfalls on campus, and there is around 1000 acres of land of which the school only sits on around 90. There is also a hospital on campus, and the safety of the area is relatively good.

Whitney

Don't focus solely on what you're looking for educationally. Make sure the social aspect is what you're looking for also, because that will affect your grades. Whether it's too much socializing or too little, find what's right for you and let that effect your school choice. Also, if you're a first year college student, don't be in a rush to go straight to a four year university, especially if it's out-of-state, because you may spend money you needn't not spend yet. Use your community college wisely! Lastly, don't let academics bog you down. Stressing too much over them will make your experience at school unenjoyable. Take your time if you need to. Don't waste a moment.

I wish I had known more about the surrounding town because there is next to nothing to do unless you drive to Atlanta.

Curfew. It's midnight on Sunday through Thursday and 1 A.M. on Friday and Saturday. It was very inconvenient because I would get home from work after curfew on most nights, leaving me no time to socialize with people outside of my dorm. I had to plan everything around making it back to campus on time. However, they were fairly lenient if you had a good reason for being late (like work), but it was bothersome and unnecessary anyway.

Brooke

Its beautiful landscape as well as friendly people and excellent academic programs.

My best advice for a parent or student that is looking for the right college would be to take your time looking at each college. Even if you are unsure of your major, narrow down what you would possibly like to study at that college and then narrow down your choices from there. Its best to pick an environment that suits you the best and definately visit the college. One important thing is to go where you know you will be happy WHILE you do your work. Dont just follow your friends but be independent and have fun!

anyone who feels like religion will scare them or does not want to have a biblically based academic background.

Crystal

Compared to other schools I considered, my school is unique because of its caring and enjoyable community. A Christian school were one is free to worship God in whatever way they want to worship and praise.

I would say to choose the college that best fits the requirements for the career intended and a college that is affordable for the family. Also, a college where the student will feel comfortable, almost at home, and where the student can have some activities for when there is free time.

When I tell my friends about my school I brag about its beautifull surroundings, the falls, the amazing community. How supportive the community is on trying to help everyone around them. Also, how one can find oneself enjoying the lectures. An administration that is willing to help one find financial aid and choose the career that is best for one.

College is all about moderation, it is the best time of my life but I want to stay there and have a successful life when i get out. Students should go to schools that fit their personality, and offer opportunities in the areas they are interested in.

someone who is uncomfortable around a lot of people. Anyone who is not outgoing should not attend this school.

The parties and all the fun things there are to do, as well as the quality of some of the facilities such as the gym

Christina

My school is a place where people do not come to make just an academic record, but to build faith, friendship, and family while learning, growing, and discovering new venues for their future goals.

The student body here is diverse in background, experience, age, ambitions, and dreams - but we are all unified and we strive to encourage others in the pursuit of their goals.

If I were to give advice to parents or students about finding the right college and making the most of hte college experience, I would tell them that to make sure that they have realistic expectations about it. Students, there are going to be hard times, financially, emotionally, and mentally. There are going to be times when you will want to turn back, give up, and go home. Parents, there are going to be times when you will question whether or not it was the right choice, or if you should go through with it. My advice to you would be to question, but do not worry or doubt. There is a reason that this choice was made, and at the end of it all, you will be grateful. You will be a stronger person because of it, and you just have to believe that. Having this mindset of realistic expectations will allow you to prepare for upcoming possible problems, and will help you to remain confident while you are being stretched.

Paj

I believe it is important for students to have an idea of what they want to pursue and to research the program that colleges offer in their field. Parents should ask about the professors who will be teaching their students to see if they have both adequate education and real life experiences that gives themcredibility. Students should also check that colleges are accredited. It is important to check if the college offers small enough classes where students will be able to interact freely with the professor and with their peers. This way, students can more easily approach the professors about anything they need help with and create lasting and real relationships with others. College tuition should be compared to see whether or not it's worth investing in education at particular schools. Parents should also make sure that the college adminstration care about the safety of their students. It is important that administrators care enough about students to enforce rules and regulations that will keep students out of harms way. It is also essential to look into the community of the school. A visit before hand can provide a preview of what type of community the school offers.

I believe the community that Toccoa Falls offers is the best thing about my school. The students are all friends and familiar with each other and very considerate of each other. This type of atmosphere really encourages a positive attitude about all aspects of this school, most especially in the education area. I believe that it really helps to have a support system before you can succeed in any area of life. Our community offers this support system through it's students, staff and faculty.

Before coming to Toccoa, I really wished I'd known more about handling and balancing my financial situation in college. I also wished I'd known how to deal with homesickness. I remember that I had a hard time adjusting because this was the firt time I've ever been away from my family but it was a wonderful learning experience and the people there really helped me alot.

Tiffany

I think tthat the most unigue thing about TFC is that the students here all no each other, and we have a tight knit community. Before coming to TFC, I went to another college; at that college I felt like I didn't belong in anyone's group. However, here at Toccoa, I feel accepted by anyone. The students here don't care about your ethnic background or how much money you make.; they care about who you are as a person and as a follower of Christ. The feeling of acceptance and love overpowers every new students at TFC.

When looking for a college, I suggest that the students/parents do not just look at the setting of where the school is. When I chose my first college, I didn't look at the academic program or the social life or the chapel life. I saw the campus and loved the beauty of where it was at. With in the first week I was at that school, I knew that it was not for me. I stayed for the first semester then I transferred to TFC. During the transfer process, I researched TFC. I found out what their spiritual/ chapel life looked like on campus. I even looked about the social life and their academic program for my major. I knew that TFC is where I wanted to attend based on my wants in those areas. I never visited the school until I arrived for Spring Semester 2008. I don't advise you to not visit the school. Visiting will help you get a feel of the school, but I do suggest that you look at more than the setting. I hope you enjoy selecting your college, and I hope that you choose the right one for yourself.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they are not willing to help you find a job on campus. I have work studay and I was unable to use that money to help pay for school because most of the available spots were given to students who do not have work study. If TFC had started to save available jobs on campus, I believe that a majority of the work study students would not have a problem finding a job and paying for school. They, however, are now working with those students to help them find a job.

Dean

When entering into college, one of the most helpful things that you can do is going to a school that fits you. I would discourage people from going to a college just because people that they know are going there, because that school may not fit with your ideas of what you want to get out of college. Choosing a college that has a lot of options in areas you are interested in is also very important, because many students do not stay with the program that they start with, so acting as if you are entering for multiple programs is important. Priorities and goals can change, so a flexible university is important. I would encourage people to live on campus, as I have seen that once people move off campus at smaller schools, you can become isolated from the school and lose school spirit, treating school more like a job than a place to learn and interact with peers. Many people call college the best 4 years of your life, and choosing the college plays a big role in making it that way.

I wish I had known that the program I was entering into had one of the more ridiculous teachers in it, and that it is impossible to avoid having her. She assigns too much work for it being one class, and then gives you other busy work on top of it that doesn't teach you anything. I'd never failed a class before I had one of hers, and its annoying to me. The program shouldn't be as hard as she makes it, and we could learn without it being this difficult.

The worst thing about this school is that at times you feel like there aren't a ton of people there who are similar enough to you. There aren't specifically groups of people that all share the same type of ideas of what is fun as I do. The biggest problem is that I haven't really found many girls that have the same values that I do.

Rebekah

Searching all the options out there is so important. Students need to compare and research quite a few colleges before deciding where they want to go. That way, they understand all of their options. Also, the college experience is in the hands of each individual student. College is what YOU make of it. It can either be a horrible experience where one is in his/her room studying all the time, or it can be a fun experience of both making friends and staying strong academically. It is crucial to pick the right college to attend. In order for that to happen, the student must know what he/she wants and be willing to search until he/she finds it. College has been and will continue to be an awesome experience for me, and I want every person to have a positive and life-changing experience like I did.

I wish that I had know how amazing Toccoa Falls College truly was so that I would not have been nervous on my first day.

I brag about the fact that since the college is so small, it's so much like a family. I love the deep relationships that are formed with the other students and even some of the staff. Also, the classes are great and will be very beneficial to me. Finally, every one is so friendly and outgoing, and the staff and faculty are very amazing and helpful. Finally, the fact that it is a Christian college is so awesome because God is in the center of everything. That's the most exciting thing to me about Toccoa Falls College.

Toccoa Falls College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.