Toccoa Falls College

« See more reviews of Toccoa Falls College

When deciding upon a college here are some things to remember: Some colleges are very large and you can get lost among the masses, Free to express your individuality and decide whether or not you'll go to classes. Others are like friendly communities; these schools are somewhat smaller. Everyone knows your name, including your very involved, helpful professors. It's harder to miss hands-on, group projects than impersonal lectures. More size, more people, more individuality and freedom, Ability to make lifestyle choices is more important to some. How well can you balance academics with rest and fun? The smaller, the quieter, less temptation, and more accountability, Simpler balance between academics and extra-curricular activity. The kind of school you're looking for also depends on your desired future. Lifetime friends, strong character, and especially what exactly you want to do will determine the nature. Which school has the best academic program and curriculum to help you reach your goals? Will you be in debt for a lifetime after you enroll? Now consider your grades, extra-curricular interests, and distance from home? -Just a few pointers to help craft your desired experience so you don't consider college alone.

Choosing the right college is one of a person's most important life decisions, especially for a young person. For this reason, it is a beneficial idea to begin researching school choices early. Once the options are narrowed down, students should make college visits as often as possible, even after deciding on the school. It only makes sense to be sure that the school is all that it is advertised as being. After beginning college, it is important for students to remember a few things. Students in college must learn to be more independent and responsible for their own learning, including going to class, studying, completing homework, and even getting enough sleep. While academics are obviously important, social activities at college are also an important aspect of a college students' life. It is through college that many young people gain their freedom from their families, learn to live independently, and form their own life through choices. College students should choose friends and activities that help them become better individuals and make positive choices. Choosing a college is important, yet sometimes a seemingly daunting task, which can be made easier through the help of parents, friends, teachers, and even informative websites.

Finding the right college can be a extraordinary experience; as one plans for the next four years and possibly the rest of his or her life nerves start trembling. As decisions are made, one hopes that the finest college is picked for the best experience. The best advice that can be given to an incoming freshman is this: choose a college that describes the student?s personality in environment, academics and personal future goals. The environment will set the scene for the new student. If one wants a fast-paced and artistic feel, then an urban area would be a perfect fit. A book-loving coffee drinker may enjoy the quietness of the mountains. The academic spectrum of college is obviously huge. A student should base his or her decision on the diversity of classes and opportune majors. A college decision should be based on academic reputation that has influenced students of past. Personal future goals should encourage a conscious decision. One should look at the opportunities the college offers post graduation, and effective classes that prepare one for prospect realities. The college?s environment, academics and the student?s idea of future goals will encapsulate an unbelievable college experience.

I believe it is important for students to have an idea of what they want to pursue and to research the program that colleges offer in their field. Parents should ask about the professors who will be teaching their students to see if they have both adequate education and real life experiences that gives themcredibility. Students should also check that colleges are accredited. It is important to check if the college offers small enough classes where students will be able to interact freely with the professor and with their peers. This way, students can more easily approach the professors about anything they need help with and create lasting and real relationships with others. College tuition should be compared to see whether or not it's worth investing in education at particular schools. Parents should also make sure that the college adminstration care about the safety of their students. It is important that administrators care enough about students to enforce rules and regulations that will keep students out of harms way. It is also essential to look into the community of the school. A visit before hand can provide a preview of what type of community the school offers.

My advice to you parents who are embarking upon the journey of locating the proper school that will adequately prepare your son or daughter for a lifelong career begins with one simple word, research. If you do your research diligently and couple it with some good old fashioned patience , you are sure to be successful. As you may already know there are a host of resources on the internet that can facilitate your research. Avail yourselves of every piece of pertinent information you can find without getting bogged down with the non-essentials. Of course, you will want to have both casual and formal conversations with your son or daughter as to what their goals, likes, dislikes, needs, and preferences are. Try to cover as many bases as possible. Although financing is the first thing that comes to mind with many parents, don't let that be the ruling factor initially. You may be surprised at what resources you find to help in this area. Keep all your information neatly organized as you move through the process. Remember to diligently research, be open minded, patient, conversant with your son or daughter, and hopeful that the perfect match will be found.

Advice on Advice: Learning from those who have gone through similar experiences will always yield invaluable results. Take the time to hear people out; it is not only beneficial for you, but uplifting for those of whom you ask. Advice for STUDENTS! 1. Start the search in advance to give yourself enough time to make decisions when you are stress-free. 2. Be patient. 3. Only pursue what you are passionate about. 4. Make a list of things that are most important to you in life and pursue those in a college. 5. Take ownership of your search?do research yourself, invest your time, and pursue things wholeheartedly. You will reap incredible satisfaction when you are through. Advice for PARENTS! 1. Speak into the lives of your children about who they are and what they are passionate about. 2. Be authentic about your own experiences. 3. Let your children engage in discovery for themselves. Pray...there's incredible freedom in entrusting your life to the God who created the universe. He so carefully orchestrated the way this world functions and has its being; he will most certainly orchestrate the plan of your life in ways you've never dreamed of.

"College is absolutely one of the most fun, freeing, challenging, and dynamic times in your life. Soak up the challenges, academically and personally, as you begin questioning the beliefs, values, and ideals which you have previously felt to be foundational to your life. As you question these things, stay strong to that which truly matters to you, but also feel free to compromise occasionally. Stay strong academically, but feel free to compromise your time and your regimented planner for an occasional trip to Sonic, Wal-Mart, or Taco Bell. These times are when true relationships are formed through crazy, memorable moments. Stay strong morally, but feel free to compromise by not being so rigidly focused on your beliefs that you cannot be molded and changed by those who differ from you. Those who are different from you may only strengthen your former beliefs; others may help you develop and improve. Yes, obtaining and maintaining strong academics is important, but your memories with your friends are what will truly last when your transcript does not. Stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning laughing or crying, even if you have an 8:00 exam in a few hours.

I would highly recommend that parents and/or students first look closely at any and all opportunities to get an inside peek of the college. Many schools offer the opportunity to preview the campus before attending. This will give the prospective student the opportunity to get a feel for the college environment. Not only this, but it also gives the opportunity for questions and concerns to be answered. How thoroughly the school answers these questions is a good indicator of the investement the staff and administration are willing to make in their students. I would also encourage a prospective student to look closely at the academics offered. I have watched as many students have entered their college education uncertain of what opportunities lie ahead for them. Not only this, but they are just beginning (within their Freshman year) to experience some freedoms they have not yet known. As they do this, they are discovering "who they are" and beginning to find outlets to express this. I would encourage any serious college student to wisely declare their major; assurring that it is a field that they will truly thrive in.

I would first advise students to apply to a few colleges, instead of just applying to their dream college. It is wise to keep one's options open and actually visit each of these colleges. By going to the college or university, experiencing the culture, and even sitting in on some classes, one gains the truest perspective of the institution. Another way to understand the life of the students on the campus is to actually talk with them. Some colleges offer a student preview weekend in which high school students can actually stay in the dorms and get to know other students and go to classes with them. I highly recommend attending these becuase by getting to know the students that attend the institution, one can get an understanding of the student life on the campus. By finding as much information as possible about each college one can certianly make a confident choice. The student may be surprised to find that one of his other choices surpasses his initial perference. College is a big chapter in a teenager's life that needs to be approached with as much knowledge as possible in order to make it a great, memorable experience.

Choosing the "right" college is so vital for the student?s success as well as their experience. Every new freshman student is going to come to their school with anxiety. For the most part a freshman student is still trying to identify who they are, what they want to accomplish in life and how they want to go about trying to accomplish their goals. The initial college search is important, because by setting up visits to potential schools you have a chance to meet with financial aid people, sit in on classes, and meet with the director of your possible major. Having adequate time to feel the atmosphere and routine of the college(s) is critical in the process, because it allows the student to see how it relates to him/her. By allowing yourself plenty of time to set up visits with possible colleges, you will have enough time to shift through the pros and cons of each college, therefore possibly coming to an agreement of which college is best. If the new student finds the right college then the four year college experience will be filled with best friends, smart choices, and most importantly success for future endeavors.