Towson University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Towson University

William

I feel like it's a great environment for anybody who lives in or out of state would be able to feel comfortable being in, regardless of your color or your sexual orientation; I've personally made a lot of friends on campus and i recommend anybody to give Towson a chance! #TU21

Brianna

So far, I love Towson University. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. I've met my "forever friends" here and I've made connections with my professors who are going to help me in the long run. Towson has everything I need in a school in terms of academics, social life, extracurriculars, and everything else they offer.

Bria

I visited Towson University in the summertime. The campus is very big and nice. This university is one of the most diverse schools in Maryland. In the students and faculty members everyone at this school is included. The classrooms are a nice size. Even though, Towson has 20,000 people in student population. Their classroom are nice and they have a small class size ratio. Their professions are very nice and will help you out if you are struggling in the class. The food on campus is very good. They have different varieties from vegan foods to free-gluten foods. The chefs cook the food very so you can feel like your home. The freshman dorms are like a small little hotel room. They have a 2 beds and a private bathrooms. I like how they have private bathrooms because a lot of colleges don’t have private bathrooms.The off-campus dorms are okay, if you want to stay off campus. I would leave the dorm a couple minutes early so can you make it to class on time, since the campus is big Towson has a lot of clubs to offer at their schools. They have over 200+ clubs/ organizations at the school. They have clubs from academic to sport clubs. Towson has very good sports , especially when it comes to football. If you aren’t compete when it comes to sports , you can join a sport club or intramural sports.

Natalie

Amazing!!! Such a diversed campus. Everyone is friendly and nice on campus. So many things to do on campus you can never be bored! You meet people from all walks of life. So many different majors and classes you can pick from too. Just a great school everyone should go to Towson.

Allison

My mother is a Towson alumni and I have wanted to go to Towson since I was little. I believe its a great school to get an education at, I have friends who go to Towson and are very active. Its a great, diverse school where you will make longtime friends.

I love Towson University. It is in an area that has everything- food, shopping, entertainment. The professors and academics are great. The food on campus is pretty decent compared to most universities. The campus is full of security and I always feel safe.

Elle

I feel at home here. It has options for anyone. There are a multitude of clubs, organizations, academic experiences for students to partake in. The teachers are great - if you pick the right ones. The campus is big, but not huge. Like every school there are things to improve on, but I am very satisfied with my choice to attend Towson

Tiana

I love Towson University! The campus is big enough to meet new people everyday, yet see familiar faces! My first year I was put into a dorm with two other roommates because housing is very tight during the fall semester, but luckily fall triples can de triple in the spring semester. Each of my professors set their expectations on the first day of class which is great because I know what to expect from them. The class sizes aren't too big. My biggest class has 40 students. Off-Campus there are many shopping centers near-by and activities to do in Towson. The on and off-campus shuttles are also great means of transportation since freshman cannot have cars their first year if they are living on campus. Towson was a great choice for me, and I hope to continue my next three years there.

Jazmi

I believe Towson is the perfect place for a student who is looking for a partially large school. With over 20,000 people on campus daily, it does not feel crowded at all. The people are tremendously helpful and cordial, especially to the freshman who are new to the area. There is a huge variety of activities for everyone to participate in, so it is not difficult to find your calling in this school. The classes are a stable size of about 30-40, except for lecture classrooms, which have about 100. The professors are amazing. They are very helpful and are available almost anytime u need them. Towson was the perfect choice for me, I don't regret my decision one bit.

Myla

Towson is a great school with a beautiful campus. There are a lot of different groups you can join to get involved in the community, making us diverse. I'm in the honors college so the honors dorms and classes are really good and we're always having some event or social gathering for my dorm and my classes are very interesting and informative.

Zoe

I think Towson is a great school that has its quirks like any other place but it is a place that I'm glad to call my second home. Towson has such an amazing sized campus that I feel like I don't know everyone but I also don't feel like I don't know anyone. It's great for getting to know new people every year.

Ilana

When I first stepped foot on the campus, I truly felt welcome. The diverse and accepting environment won my heart over initially. The faculty are extremely knowledgeable and helpful all around. The class sizes are perfect, and never feels overwhelming.

Sam

fgddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Towson is a very good school, but it does not do a very good job of aiding students in meeting other students' freshman year, and it is a very heavy bar school, so parties happen but you need to know the right people. It is also a very beautiful campus and if you stay on campus everything is within a 15min walk. Lots of free swag opportunities. Football games are fun and draw a crowd, there is always a tailgate, but the team is not that great. Still a good time.

Kenneth

Towson University is a good school. I am hesitant to call it great because there are professors that put their own beliefs into the curriculum and allow their biases to cloud their teaching. As far as campus community and inclusiveness goes Towson is amazing. All are always welcomed. Towson at its core is a good school academically even with their shortcomings, but on campus housing is abysmal, the food is decent, health services are much lower than expected for how much we as students must pay, the administration only acknowledges issues such as safety on campus when students are putting immense pressure on them.

Celia

I came from 8 hours away to attend this Maryland state college. I came because of the excellent academics, that are challenging but not overwhelming, and because of the ample opportunities to enhance both my career opportunities and other interests outside my desired field. Additionally, the location of campus is perfect, as it has the conveniences of a city right up the street, but the campus itself is beautiful and gives a suburb feeling. Everything including the city and all campus building are walkable, while not being overly condensed. Towson is a great school!

kyle

Towson University is a very diverse college that provides an rounded education for all students. The campus is well organized and has a variety of hot spots for students to hang out and eat with friends. The professors are very helpful and their office hours are very flexible. Overall Towson is not necessarily the best college, but it is still a good university.

Alonso

I have learned to love my school. Involvement is a big thing here, and people care about others a lot. Mental awareness is well spread around campus, so never feel afraid to share your issues or seek for help. We are not the biggest sports school, in fact, people rarely stay for a full game of football, but we do have spirit when it comes to wear Towson gear and attend to the tailgates. Towson is a safe campus with such a different vibe comparing weekdays to weekends. With about 3000 affiliated Greek Life students Towson is also known to be a bar school. We have a lot of fun at those but don't expect to have a lot of house parties at TU. Also, all bars are 21+ with some Friday 18+ nights. Overall Towson is a great school, with very reliable and well-prepared professors that will care about you and your grades, class sizes are ideal to get to know your professor and classmates, is not the biggest campus but it isn't either small at all. They could do much better with the food since there are not a lot of options, but from what I've heard they are working a lot on that, including opening new cafeterias and restaurants. Dorms are well equipped, and even though you will hear some people complaining, the accommodations are pretty reasonable for the price we pay. There are plenty of student organizations, clubs, intramurals, and the best gym I've ever workout at, so no excuse to not get involved at TU.

I think that the University is a well diverse campus with multiple cultures for various interests. The atmosphere is very welcoming and you can get a great sense of pride within the campus. By talking to others who have gone to the school and toured it, I feel very confident and happy as well as excited to attend Towson University.

I love it here! The dorm rooms are huge with air and heat allowing for students to be comfortable year round. The food choices are endless and are all so good. There is so much todo around campus, between the mall, food places, and other activities the possibilities are endless!

Honestly, if you are looking for a decent school to get a degree at, Towson University is fine. It's a teacher's school, so they're very focused on the educational degrees. Personally, I think their facilities are too small for how many students they admit every year, and the surrounding area isn't the nicest, however, they do have good options for disability services and they are extremely inclusive in their curriculum and conversations. It isn't the school for me, but I have a lot of friends who really like TU. Instate it's inexpensive and accessible, but I would not go for it if you're an out of state student. Also, do not depend on the advising staff unless you are in a smaller department. Their advising segment is not great. I had to pull my own weight for a lot of decision making and figuring out how I was going to finish my classes in four years.

ALETHEA

Towson university is the place to be! On-campus or off-campus, there is always something to partake in, something to taste (like cookies - Yum!). There's also a lot of events where you could snag a free t-shirt or key chain. Towson university gives you a balance of academics and social life so you feel at home. If I could live on-campus again I would, but even as current off-campus student I still have access to many resources at school.

Savannah

I think that they care very much about their image rather than their students. They've blown off at least 2 sexual assaults in my first semester here. It's not a terrible campus but some of the housing, like Prettyman, are very run down and most of the buildings have mice.

Towson is a great school. But the business and music program needs some work. It is a very cold environment. Its hard to get help and they just have many issues that should be addressed.

Alexis

I think it is great place for students to learn in a diverse environment with multiple opportunities . The faculty members are friendly and approachable. I feel that Towson University provides a safe and secure environment for students on campus. I enjoy the additional transportation services available to assist students with secure rides to and from Baltimore Penn Station. I am proud to be a student at Towson University.

Jordyn

I have visited Towson university quite a few times and the first thing that always stands out to me is how welcoming the community is. The administration and students are so friendly and helpful. The administration actually care about you and will treat you like you are family. I thoroughly enjoy their food options. I love Towson’s location because of the nature scenery. The academics are great and the class sizes are perfect because even though the school is on the bigger size, the class sizes are small. Overall the school is a good choice option!

Amen

Towson has a lot of opportunities. I encourage ALL students to use EVERY resource to their advantage. Professors are available, on- and off-campus events are incredible, and the resources are never ending! There is barely an excuse to flunk at Towson University. Please, put your best foot forward!

leah

I loved campus life , it was like someone of the campus is urban and the other part of the campus was quiet

KOKO

My gf graduated from Towson and her school offers a lot of opportunities for their students. Other than the fact that the school undergoes cronstruction all the time, the finished products like Burdick and some residence halls are very pleasant. The school offers so many clubs and so many research, study abroad, and internship programs/opportunities. There are a lot of places to eat and even have some open late night for students. She enjoyed living in her dorm the first couple of years and felt like the housing/residence life was very inclusive. There are so many awesome events put on by different groups and lots of free giveaways. The only thing I could say to better the school is to hurry up on the construction.

autumn

I love Towson University! The atmosphere is great, the people are great, the activities are great, just the whole school is fantastic. I can not wait to attend this fall, become a part of the club volleyball team, meet new friends and especially start the path to my career!!

Mariama

I love Towson University! There is never a time when I have nothing to do. There are always activities going on that are open to a lot of people. Academic wise it is very good, and the professors and other resources are very helpful. We have a lot of food places and they are good.

Kevin

Towson is Great place for people that have good character and are ready to explore the real world . It’s a place that is family and friendly oriented. And you will be able to overcome your weaknesses , increase your confidence in any everything

Victoria

Commuting to Towson is difficult due to traffic, construction on campus, lack of parking, and bad options to eat on campus without a meal plan. Academics were alright, although some teachers didn't help students in need or care much about individual student success. It is difficult to get involved if you commute and/or transferred. It probably would be a great school for someone who started there and lives on campus, but not as good for transfer and commuter students.

Perkerti

I really love the University. This amount of diversity shown in Towson is Incredible. Very humble and intelligent environment. The suites are amazing in the campus. The class size is perfect, it is not too small nor is it too big. The food quality is amazing there.

It's a good school, filled with many intelligent students who take their education important. The campus is overall a good place, its spacious, in a convenient area and there are shops that are nearby. There are so many positives that surround this college.

Nkengafac

Towson University is a great school for opportunities. With some many campus clubs and activities, there is no way one can say that they are not involved in school because everyone gets involved! The school is very diverse meaning everyone has a place where they may fit in. The academics are very hard but all in all, a student cannot say they have not learned a thing at Towson University.

I love Towson University! I am currently a sophomore here and I am very excited to start my new year. I am the type of person who is often anxiety-driven and nervous. However, when I am on Towson University's Campus the staff constantly makes sure you are comfortable and keeps you well informed. Whenever I ask someone whether or not they like Towson nine times out of ten they will say they love it! I am lucky to attend such a great school, I couldn't have picked a better one.

Gabby

Towson University is my dream school, and I cannot imagine attending another! For one, the campus is beautiful. I have seen many college campuses, and TU blows every other institution out of the water. The buildings, landscaping, and even the sidewalks are alluring, meticulous, and pristine–whether I am walking to class or work it is one of my favorite things to do simply because campus is always so visually appealing, especially in the midst of the seasons. It is the perfect size too, neither too big nor too small. It is very walkable, although the number of hills and stairs can be bothersome. 23,000 students frequent Towson University, but it is a big school with that small-school feel. Class sizes are manageable, even introductory and 100-level courses, and the university boasts an average student to faculty ratio of 17:1. There is no shortage of places to eat around campus either: TU has three all-you-can-eat dining halls, several restaurant vendors in the University Union, Starbucks conveniently located in the library, and cafes and other small eateries in the gym and various academic buildings. Towson University is situated in the suburbs and is only a few blocks from the heart of the city, York Road all the way to the Towson Town Center. There are enough recreational activities in a one-mile radius to keep everyone busy and satisfied between eating, working out, going to the library or seeing a movie, and even shopping at our four-story mall. This feature enhances the social atmosphere of the university, allowing TU’s students to have fun both on and off-campus. Towson University and the Towson area itself can pride themselves on the level of safety promoted at all times; not once have I ever felt threatened or fearful of my safety, even being alone and a young woman. There is constant construction on campus and throughout the city but it is not generally an inconvenience, although parking has been known to cause trouble since the population of the university and the city are growing so quickly. Towson University provides ample on-campus housing opportunities in 18 residence halls, ranging from traditional two-person rooms with community bathrooms on each floor to suite- and apartment-style accommodations for the upperclassmen that elect to live on campus. Quite a few students go home for the weekend, but the many sports, clubs, and organizations that TU has (not to mention everything that the city has, too) will surely keep everyone occupied. The study abroad opportunities that are offered are plentiful and the academics as a whole are stellar. Towson University is ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of America’s top 100 public universities, and it is evident why.

Karisha

It’s a very nice school. There is plenty to do on campus and off campus. There is always something going on so if you miss something one day there will be something going on the next day. It is a small school with a small community feel. Everyone there are really friendly.

Ami

Towson University is an amazing college filled with inspiring professors and knowledgeable students. There is so much passion and hardworking individuals at this school. This college gives many students high hopes of achieving their goals and inspiration for students to obtain their career in the future. One of the main things this school does for students is that it excites them for the future. I came to Towson thinking about another 4 dreadful years, but I actually enjoy my time here. I have never been more excited for my future. When I was a kid, I had a heart problem and I needed surgery. My whole goal from college is to obtain a degree in which I can help those suffering in the same way my doctor helped me. As I attend Towson University, I get closer to my goal everyday and I cannot wait to see what I else I can gain from this school.

Christine

It is an alright school; however, they need to take care of their rat situation. Also, I think there should be more workers or something else has to change because most of their workers have an attitude. Regarding the rumors of the mold, I think they need to spend the money that we paid for to clean it instead of paint over the mold.

Breanna

It has everything I wanted in my college experience. Nice dorms, pretty campus, sports life, variety of food options, large school with small school feel, diversity. Many people overlook it because it's not super competitive but Towson offers a lot.

Darius

I am a transfer student so I was fearing that University would be overwhelming for me. It was not because Towson is a campus that is not too big nor not too small. It is not too small that I get bored of the places nor is it too big where I feel like I am surrounded by strangers. The food, culture, and organizations are great!

xavier

It a great experience being a first year so far, a lot of walking around campus i enjoy most pf my classes and my clubs. The Towson community is great they are caring and helpful of fellow students and campus resources are very useful.

Madison

Towson University is a very safe, diverse, and politically active school. The class sizes aren't too big or too small and the people in the classes respect the professor and the purpose of it. I have to say that the gym is my favorite part of campus.

Logan

Towson is an amazing school all around. The campus and the people are spectacular. It does not matter if you attend the school or not, Towson always makes you feel welcome and like family no matter who you are. Towson University is unique in its own way, and there is no other college like it.

Mikaela

It feels like a community of like-minded individuals. I like that it is not far from home, but it is far enough where i feel like i am creating my own presence. The environment has been very welcoming and teachers are always available. I was never a keen student, but here i got motivated and joined study groups and that keeps me going. We compete to get stellar grades and help each other. I love that the school offers so many sports, i was always an avid soccer player and participate as much as i can. We run our own team and that makes it feel more rewarding.

I am currently a freshman at Towson University. I originally went to a college in Dover, but ended up transferring because I knew Towson was the college of my dreams. I have never been so happy with a decision in my life and I can’t wait to enjoy my next three years here!

Onofre Virgil

My experience at Towson University so far was good. The student to teacher ratio is just right for a big university with a small college feel. The campus is very accessible to each building as students travel between classes. Academically, the curriculum is very consistent to the students who are pursing their majors. With this many clubs and organizations, I recommend Towson University to those who want to pursue their career while being close to home in Maryland. For those who traveled far and wide, Towson is a very welcoming community to people, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or religion.