Ontario, OR
Treasure Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Treasure Valley Community College

I have had the best educational experience at TVCC. The instructors all go that extra mile to help and are so accommodating. The flexibility with class schedules, both on campus and online, is amazing. I am really sorry to see some of my favorite professors leave.

Rebecca

I haven't started yet, but have several friends who are attending. I do know that the classes are smaller making learning easier. They don't have a lot of sports or other activities available like the larger colleges do, but it is a good place to start and the fees are very reasonable.

Joshua

it's great and cheap! I love how close it is to where I live. The college seems to have really nice teachers that really want to help. They are willing to help you work out problems so you can achieve want you are striving for. Great place to study and i would recommend it.

Jo

I love it the classes are small and the professors are always available. The campus is beautiful and well maintained the campus is also very safe. I have never heard of any crime happening on campus. The math lab and computer labs are amazing the tudors know their jobs and do them well

Jackie

So far so good. I'm returning to school after eight years so I had a ton of questions. They answered every single one without looking annoyed. They are genuinely there to help students, and I've gotten no vibes that they are money grubbers who want to rob you. They told me when I was taking unnecessary courses and which ones would actually help me out when I transfer to a four-year college. So friendly and helpful. I feel welcome.

Carly

Would not recommend going here. Horrible staff. Only care about getting your money they do not care about the students.

If I went back in time and could give myself advice about college life, it would be to stay focused no matter what and to start applying for every college possible. When I graduated I intended on just going to community college, instead of applying to major universities and colleges in my area. When I started my first semester I was extremly disappointed. I thought I was going to see alot of fun young students walking aound, and that the atmosphere would be filled with new college students and welcoming professors. Instead I was greeted by stressed out, broke college students that had no intentions of getting to now anyone in class. This experience turned my whole perception of college upside down, and made me forget why I was really in college. I was so bummed about the school I was going to I lost focus and didnt do so well. I believe if I wouldve given myself a chance at a university I wouldve done better and probably felt better about the whole situation.

Go to school now, at age 18! Don't be afraid! Transition and change is difficult no matter what your age is. It's a lot more difficult to go back in your 40's when you have to work full time, take care of your family, and have the time to be doing school work and juggling class time. All those years wasted, living in poverty, when I could have gone to school at 18 years old and could have spent these years working a decent paying job. How much better it would have been for my family!!

I consider budget considerations to be the worst thing about my school. Why do we need massive recarpeting of the buildings when the campus security guys don't even have a working air conditioner in their office because it is not in the budget?

There are a lot of people in my age group attending this school. You can do it too!

Zachary

Well if I could go back and give advice to myself. I would advise myself not to work so hard on trying to impress people and just be me. I would focus on school and how its going to affect me later in life. I would study harder and apply myself more in the subject areas that I didn't like as much. I would spend the dreadful time learning how to do things that I didn't think I could do. Also I would tell myself to take more advantage of the people that tried to help me and I pushed away because I was embarassed to get help from them . I would step up to the plate and get a job sooner than I did so I could be more prepared for life on my own. Last but not least I would let the teachers know how much I appreciated what they did to help me.

I think that dedicated and committed people should attend this school. I think this because the teachers and supporters work really hard to provide good education for the future generations. If your not dedicated to your education then the teachers are working for a lost cause. I believe strongly in empowering my generation and those that are the future of America to attend this school and other schools like it. To put it in a nutshell I believe those who care about America and a good nation should attend this school.

When I talk to my friends about this school, I tell them that its an incredible school, the teachers and tech supports are awesome and are always there to help out with questions and troubleshoots. I also tell them that the teaching staff are very supportive of my personal oppinions and dreams and the teachers are actually interested in students being successful, not just the money of the job. Thats what Tell my friends about the school I attend.

Rebecca

One of the things I liked about TVCC was that the student to teacher ratio was about 35:1, so the classes were a decent size instead of auditorium-sized.

The advice I would give my past-self would be to not take time for granted. Procrastination had always been a problem for me, because I was so used to just cruising through school on last-minute homework and easy assignments. But with college, the faculty is getting paid to educate you, and they don't care how much work you get and how much work is in your other classes. It was a pretty hard kick in the face, that discovery, and it was painful to get used to. So I would tell my old self to start planning ahead, writing things down, and studying more often and with more vigor, because simply cruising along won't get me to where I desire to be.

I suppose I like how the classes are still challenging, despite the connotation of "Community College". There is plenty of room to fail, but also plenty of room to succeed.

Treasure Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.