Ontario, OR
Treasure Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Treasure Valley Community College

Zachary

Well if I could go back and give advice to myself. I would advise myself not to work so hard on trying to impress people and just be me. I would focus on school and how its going to affect me later in life. I would study harder and apply myself more in the subject areas that I didn't like as much. I would spend the dreadful time learning how to do things that I didn't think I could do. Also I would tell myself to take more advantage of the people that tried to help me and I pushed away because I was embarassed to get help from them . I would step up to the plate and get a job sooner than I did so I could be more prepared for life on my own. Last but not least I would let the teachers know how much I appreciated what they did to help me.

I think that dedicated and committed people should attend this school. I think this because the teachers and supporters work really hard to provide good education for the future generations. If your not dedicated to your education then the teachers are working for a lost cause. I believe strongly in empowering my generation and those that are the future of America to attend this school and other schools like it. To put it in a nutshell I believe those who care about America and a good nation should attend this school.

When I talk to my friends about this school, I tell them that its an incredible school, the teachers and tech supports are awesome and are always there to help out with questions and troubleshoots. I also tell them that the teaching staff are very supportive of my personal oppinions and dreams and the teachers are actually interested in students being successful, not just the money of the job. Thats what Tell my friends about the school I attend.

Rebecca

One of the things I liked about TVCC was that the student to teacher ratio was about 35:1, so the classes were a decent size instead of auditorium-sized.

The advice I would give my past-self would be to not take time for granted. Procrastination had always been a problem for me, because I was so used to just cruising through school on last-minute homework and easy assignments. But with college, the faculty is getting paid to educate you, and they don't care how much work you get and how much work is in your other classes. It was a pretty hard kick in the face, that discovery, and it was painful to get used to. So I would tell my old self to start planning ahead, writing things down, and studying more often and with more vigor, because simply cruising along won't get me to where I desire to be.

I suppose I like how the classes are still challenging, despite the connotation of "Community College". There is plenty of room to fail, but also plenty of room to succeed.

Lacey

What's unique about Treasure Valley Community College is that every department of the school (ie: financial aid) is located in one building. The bookstore, the business office, the financial aid office, all the academic advisors, the registrar's office, etc. It is very convenient for students because they have access to everything the need in one building, and don't have to walk clear across campus to get important information. It is especially helpful for college freshmen so they don't get lost!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would stress how important it is to have good grades and to read and read again. Also, ask questions and ALWAYS do your homework. Good grades give you opportunities to go to colleges you want and icrease your chances to get scholarships. I now truly realize how valuble education really is. When I was in high school I didn't really know what I wanted to do and I got decent grades, however I had a mentality of "well I will get through high school go to a community college, then to a university and hopefully by then I'll know what I want to do." I guess I sort of felt like everything would eventually fall into place. I think if you have good grades in high school it opens so many doors for you. Now looking back, if I would have applied myself to my fullest potential, it is possible that I could already be set in my career and be living the life I have imagined. I'm on my way now, just wish I could've done it sooner!

I think the school could be a little better at letting students know once they receive a needed document. Also, once they send official transcripts to another school it would be nice if they could phone the student to let them know the information is on its way.

Jonathan

I worked my butt off to graduate High School. I went to a private high school that didn't accepte some of my credits from my 10th grade year in public high school. Long story short, I had to repeat some of those classes and it put me behind in school. I needed to finish 2 years of High School english before I could graduate. After everything, I finished and graduated on time. But if I went back in time and told myself something. I wouldn't tell my self to straighten up or stop this or that. I would tell myself to go fight for those credits. If I did, I probably wouldn't of needed to work as hard and had an easier Senior year.

Treasure Valley Community College is a school for people who like small classrooms and teachers that understand where you are in life. The teachers actually care about your degree and future career. It is a really good school for people who like to focus on school and not so much on the partying. I am not the type of person that likes to party. And out of the 2 years I have been here, I have never heard of any going on.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that some of the classes are on the main college campus. I actually go to Treasure Valley Community College in Caldwell, Idaho. So their choices of classes are a lot smaller, but you have a choice to go to school in Ontario, Oregon. With my major, not all classes are offered in Caldwell. So I will have to commute to Ontario for a while to finish my degree.

Brenda

I would have to say that I have done alot of things during this time span, I would tell myself to continue in school and not to take a break. I would also have to say to slow down and not try to be in such a hurry to grow up. The grass is truely not greener on the other side of the fence. Then again if you do go on to college, study not party would have to be the mato.

That there would be so many,other chooses in schools for me.

That they do not offer a varity of classes in advertizing. I think because it is a small College, but for the most part is is a wonderfull school to start at.

Mary

Treasure Valley Community College is small but that has its advantages because more attention and help is given to students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, first of all I would tell myself to go straight into college. I made the mistake of taking a break from school once I graduated and that break lasted nearly twenty years. I would also tell myself that once I'm in college that I need to take it seriously, make a daily schedule that includes time for class, homework, and study time. That is the most important thing, to have a schedule. I would tell myself that most students who transition into college after high school do not take school seriously and flunk out or get low grades and that I should not succumb to those statistics. Four years will seem like forever but it will be the best thing I could do for myself and my future. I would tell myself not to waste my time or money. Do it once and do it right.

I would have to say that the only frustrating thing about Treasure Valley Community College is the problems of blackboard, which is an avenue that some professors use to communicate and assign and recieve class assignments from the students. There are too many problems at times with links that do not work or submitted assignments not being received by professors.

Margaret

Apply yourself more you are capable of doing anything you want to do. Pay attention and you will learn everything you need to go forward with your education and career.

Chelsea

It is a very nice school to take my general classes.

It is a very nice school to take my general classes.

If I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself to get my college credit in the college classes I took. I would tell myself to work harder and save my money so I could handle school and work better. If I could go back, I would tell myself to take the easy way out, and I would take better classes.

If you want to take any general classes you should go here.

Amber

If I could turn back time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell my self five things. 1. Do not worry about paying for school. Fill out as many scholarships as possible, and even though you despise it, grammar and punctuation counts, If you can not pay for it out of pocket, there are many places you can get student loans from that will help your credit as well. 2. Do not worry about not being smart enough. You are in college; there are no dumb people in college. If you are still worried about asking a question, go to your professor?s office and ask. That is what their office hours are for and how they set you apart from the rest of the class. 3. Do not worry about sticking to a major; there are general courses everyone has to take for the first two years. 4. Do not worry about leaving your friends, because they are leaving as well, you will make new ones fast. 5. Do not worry! College is the beginning not the end. So sit back and relax knowing that you will soon be smarter than Mom and Dad

Casidhe

I would tell myself that college is going be different, but in a good way. That the students I attend school with are more focused and I am able to learn more about the subject. That thier are fewer juvinile students to take away from the experience. Also that college is expensive and to take the courses very seriously, no matter what!

I consider the best thing about my school is the class room occupancy, there are always about twenty students per teacher. So as a tudent, you are able to grasp the subject.

The most frustrating thing about my school would be that thier never seems to be enough teachers or staff members in the writing labs or math labs to help students.

Treasure Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.