Nashville, TN
Trevecca Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trevecca Nazarene University

Halle

I have only been here for one semester in PA school, but so far it has been great! I have lots of great teachers that truly care about you and want you to do your best. We have a small class so we are all tight knit and want to help everyone succeed. It is a beautiful campus!

Ariel

Trevecca is an amazing school and I feel incredibly blessed to get to go here. It is an all around fantastic experience and education. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a university with wonderful Christian discipleship along with personable faculty and a great education.

Amberlee'

To Be Rather Than To Seem! That is Trevecca Nazarene University's motto. Attending this university I learned, experienced and still appreciating the overall message of Trevecca. If you are not Nazarene your first thought of Trevecca is "Man these people are weird." That was my first though, as a sixteen year old Methodist/Catholic entering this school. The school has strict rules of no drinking, dancing, and a dress code. However, if you can overlook those three negatives this school has so much to offer. Trevecca is very strong academically. The professors not only give students knowledge on their particular subjects, but gives the tools on how to apply this knowledge. Additionally, many professors will even go as far to help students use knowledge gained for missionary work. Trevecca is a school built on service. There are many opportunities that students can engage in the community and it is advertised just as much as our sports culture. For a small college, Trevecca has spread its roots within the local community and internationally. If your a future college student or parent this school is perfect if Christianity/good citizenship is a huge priority. Even four years after college, Trevecca's message is still ingrained in my consciousness. As a future educator it was my first choice as an MAT program. Currently, it is just as a remembered, but the classes are more difficult. Even in the Master's program there is a message of service to your students even when we can't proclaim Christ as much as we want. Overall, To Be Rather Than To Seem is the perfect way to describe Good Ol' TNU.

Suzanne

Trevecca Nazarene University is an incredible school to learn the servant leadership way to give back once in an administrative role in the business sector. The professors strive to teach a curriculum from a Christian perspective that fully cares​ about the students and the meaning behind the books and classroom experience.

Jacob

Trevecca is a very great Christian school with loving staff and students. Great dorms for single students but nothing for married students so I am ending my studies there after my two years associates degree and will probably continue online. Other than that trevecca has been great for me and my soon to be wife!

Hailey

My classmates are committed to receiving an excellent education in a Christian atmosphere that is highly influenced by the creativity of living within the limits of such a thriving artistic city.

I wasn't aware this scholarship contest had ended. Please add me to the email list to receive updates so I may participate next year. Regards, Hailey Saraney

The best thing about Trevecca Nazarene University is the family type atmosphere on campus. The President, Dr. Daniel Boone, knows each student by name and makes himself highly accessible to every student on the campus. The professors are truly committed to ensure the academic success of their students. In fact, I have received one-on-one tutoring from one of my professors on mulitple occasions. At Trevecca, students are more than a number or a face in the crowd. Each student is encouraged to embrace their individuality and encouraged to thrive in their uniqueness.

Leeana

My classmates are encouraging, friendly and helpful.

My classmates are encouraging, friendly and helpful.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to chill out and enjoy myself. Most of my senior year was riddled with worry and stress. I would go back and tell myself to spend more time with my friends before we all separate ways for college, but don't dwell on the sadness of leaving them. I would reassure myself that a majority of the people at college are friendly and willing to help. I would also tell myself not to worry about making friends, because during college is when I will make the friendships that will last a lifetime. Finally, I would tell myself not to worry about the academic workload of college-all of my high school teachers exaggerated how much harder college is than high school.

If you are looking for a party school, you shouldn't attend this school.

Timothy

Trevecca, being a Christian college, is best known for its family atmosphere. Anyone who comes through Trevecca no matter what major will walk away feeling like he or she were a part of one large family. Through the facility and the students, there is nowhere one could not find help or comfort. The teachers are always willing to help if a student is struggling in a class, and if someone seems to be having a bad day, he or she is bound to be asked if there is anything that can be done for him or her.

To be honest, I would not have much advice for myself. Even now, at times I feel I do not really know what actions I should be choosing. However, the one vital piece of advice I would relay to myself would be to put complete faith in God. Putting every choice and every action into God's hands has probably been the most difficult task or assignment I have had to fulfill while at Trevecca, but once I was able to trust in Him, every choice I can make knowing He is there for me, watching over me, and protecting me. If I could have begun this mental step in high school realizing how important it truly is to living life every single day, many of the problems I have faced in college do to insecurities, doubts, and fears would have never even crossed my path. God is the light to my future, and I will continue to put all my trust in Him as I enter more challenges along this journey. No matter what is placed in front of me, I know He will always be by my side, and He will always love me.

One going to Trevecca must know that it is a stickler when it comes to rules and guidelines. Clean room checks, curfews, dress codes, and a long list of many other rules heavily in forced does cause a Trevecca student to feel as if he or she is cut off from the true college experience. Although it is obvious these regulations are to keep the students accountable, at times it does feel as if the students are unable to take responsibilities for their own actions and make their own choices.

Brandon

My school is best known for how strong our faith in God is. There is a chapel you can go to everyday even on the weekends. Also, there are various events to go to where you and your friends can share your faith in God.

My school is unique because it is a small private Christian University. At my school it is okay to show your faith in God versus most schools where it is frowned upon. Also, the average class size is around 16 students which is lower than most high schools. With the small class sizes you recieve personal attention from your professors and they are happy to help you and watch you succeed.

If I could go back in time I would tell my senior self not to procrastinate, read for classes, and to develope good study habits. This year in college I struggled with procrastination and was constantly having to stay up late writing a paper the night before it was due. Next, in high school you can squeak by in classes if you don't read the class material, but this is not the case in college. I failed one of my first tests because I studied only my notes and found out that the test was mainly on the reading. Finally, I would have to tell myself to start developing good study habits. Your college grades reflect how you perform on tests because there isn't very many class assignments to help boost your grade like in high school. If I was to relize this in high school I would have not been taken by surprise when I got to college and would have recieved better grades my first semester.

Trevecca Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.