Nashville, TN
Trevecca Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trevecca Nazarene University

Brandon

My school is best known for how strong our faith in God is. There is a chapel you can go to everyday even on the weekends. Also, there are various events to go to where you and your friends can share your faith in God.

My school is unique because it is a small private Christian University. At my school it is okay to show your faith in God versus most schools where it is frowned upon. Also, the average class size is around 16 students which is lower than most high schools. With the small class sizes you recieve personal attention from your professors and they are happy to help you and watch you succeed.

If I could go back in time I would tell my senior self not to procrastinate, read for classes, and to develope good study habits. This year in college I struggled with procrastination and was constantly having to stay up late writing a paper the night before it was due. Next, in high school you can squeak by in classes if you don't read the class material, but this is not the case in college. I failed one of my first tests because I studied only my notes and found out that the test was mainly on the reading. Finally, I would have to tell myself to start developing good study habits. Your college grades reflect how you perform on tests because there isn't very many class assignments to help boost your grade like in high school. If I was to relize this in high school I would have not been taken by surprise when I got to college and would have recieved better grades my first semester.

Daniel

The best thing about Trevecca is the atmosphere and the social life. The perfect amount of students, not too big and not too small, makes it feel like a giant family. We have multiple on campus events and parties each week; trips, educational forums, service projects in nashville, concerts, etc. Music City helps us get great concerts each year. As far as classes go, each class averages about 20 people so you really get the help from teachers that you need. Beautiful campus 2 minutes away from downtown Nashville. There is a lot of involvement with the city; for example some Trevecca students have been protesting with the occupy wall street members outside our capital. I have so many memories here including sledding down the huge hill at mt olivet cemetary, the giant slip n slide we have on the hill behind the girls dorms, and all the fun times playing intramural sports with my friends.

The most popular student activities includes concerts and social life trips (Ex: white water rafting, skiiing, etc), intramural sports of all kids, athletic events on campus, student led music shows on campus, the drama department plays, and other random fun events such as the quiz bowl or Trojan Idol. Friday Night live is our most popular event, an on campus version of Saturday Night Live.

The students at Trevecca are great. There is balanced racial structure. There is no dress code or anything really, and campus is pretty chill. There are rich kids and poor kids, liberal and conservative. It is very balanced, and no person gets singled out or prejudiced.

The academics are great. Our most popular and respected majors are our music business, religion, psychology, and education programs. 75% of certified teachers in the state of TN have some form of credential from Trevecca. The teachers care so much for the student and the community, and classes are vibrant and energizing. The conversation always carries on to the cafeteria or the student center and dorms, continuing the learning process. Professors spend time with students outside of class and on weekends if necessary. We understand that college is furthering our education to prepare us for our vocation, but at Trevecca we are also learning more about ourselves and our purpose in this world.

So often Trevecca students get stereotyped as "home-schooled conservative Christians". People hear about "all the rules you have to follow" and they turn up their nose to it. These are not true. The atmosphere is really free, and the students really know how to have fun. Yes, Trevecca is a Christian school but you are not required to be a Christian to go here. We have a mixed racial population, as well as different types of people - jock, trendy kid, nerd, average, etc. All of my friends who went to a big public school tell me all the time they are jealous of the things we do and the people who go here.

Madeline

Trevecca is what you make of it; either a conservative Christian chapel college or a spirited community where you can have fun but still feel like you are here for academics.

While we are in Nashville, Trevecca is different because it gives you a calmer, more conservative experience of what it means to go to school in a big city. Trevecca is big on self-discipline and self-growth over the years you attend with emphasis on spiritualiy and academics.

Calm down. You can change your mind. None of this is set in stone. You want to play sports? Then play! You do not have to know your whole life at the age of 18. or 19. or even 20. Breathe. Even if it gets old, visit all those colleges, even the ones mom and dad pick out because you never know, that could be the perfect place you never thought you would be. It is okay that none of your friends are going to your school. You want to grow, dont you? You can do this. Trust that peppy girl that keeps telling you all that advise you thought you already knew at orientation. Food is food, even if it is caf food, so try not to be too picky.

Andrea

I have have discovered myself here in college. The experiences I've had have shown me so much about myself and I have grown so much as an independant adult. I feel so much more educated simply because of the different enviroments and experiences and diverse people and wonderful professors. I love college.

Chris

At Trevecca, you are more than a student,you are a part of a community; and are always challenged spiritually and acadimicall...

At Trevecca, you are more than a student,you are a part of a community; and are always challenged spiritually and acadimically.

Classmates here are more than just people, they are life-long friends and a real family.

If I were to Describe my College experience so far while attending Trevecca in one word it would be: Strength. Not physically, but mentally, emotionally and spiritually. While here I have found the strength to break out of my comfot zone, and take a stand for things I believe in. Things I wouldn't have even thought about standing for without Trevecca. I know, with my education here, I will have the strength to pursue future careers, and the strength to make something of myself. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to attend such a wonderful school, an opportunity many will not be able to have. There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for this school and the strength that has been bestowed upon me.

Haley

Trevecca Nazarene University is a small, christian, beautiful school that anyone would feel welcome at.

College has given me a better work ethic. In high school, I was never really challenged, the assignments were all so easy and recquired little effort. College has shown me that in order to get what you want you must work for it. Another thing I have learned from college is that making friends is essential. My first semester I hardly talked to anyone. I did not feel comfortable opening up to new people. I soon realized that friends who are going through the same experiences are crucial. One other thing I learned from college is that I am a stronger person than I thought I was. Some of the assignments and projects so far have been so difficult. There were times (and sometimes still are times) that I felt like throwing in the towel and giving up, but I didn't. College has made me a more responsible, friendly, hard-working, and dedicated person.

The worst thing about Trevecca is that I am the only one of my friends to go here. All of my other friends went to schools that were closer to home. It is hard to not spend as much time with them as I did in high school.

Heather

I am hardworking, goal oriented, determined, and ready for my career to begin.

I am hardworking, goal oriented, determined, and ready for my career to begin.

I have gained maturity, a respect for other college graduates, and a more driven spirit out of me time spent in college. Before I attended college, I believed it to be just an extended form of high school. I was very wrong. College truly is a place to acheive a higher education, a place to grow and mature, and a place to build a firm foundation for a future career. Unfortunately, the amount of money it takes to run a pristine University, such as Trevecca, is rather expensive. I need help paying their tuition and I long to continue growing in the path I am headed down currently.

There is nothing bad about Trevecca, except the cost of tuition.

A moral, safe, and fun environment that I love.

A moral, safe, and fun environment that I love.

I have learned to be a responsible and honest person through my experience at Trevecca Nazarene University. The professors at Trevecca have taken interest in me as an adult and treat like an adult, thus my communication skills have matured over my first year at school. I have learned how to better support myself emotionally through the trials of living on my own.

A person with very loose morals should not attend Trevecca.

I have allowed myself to witness to others and to allow God to show mw what I am suppose to do with my life. Trevecca Nazarene University has given me more experiences and learning abilities to further myself in Musci/Worship Arts.

That Financial Aid is a lot harder to get now that you are in college.

The small cliques that are envolved with the social classes.

I have learned how to be a better student, it brought me closer to my community. I believe that it is valuable to me because I have a two year old daughter, and I want to show her that you need to be in school, I want to set a good example for her. I go to school because I know how important it is for my family and myself.

Trevecca Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.