Nashville, TN
Trevecca Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trevecca Nazarene University

Madeline

Trevecca is what you make of it; either a conservative Christian chapel college or a spirited community where you can have fun but still feel like you are here for academics.

While we are in Nashville, Trevecca is different because it gives you a calmer, more conservative experience of what it means to go to school in a big city. Trevecca is big on self-discipline and self-growth over the years you attend with emphasis on spiritualiy and academics.

Calm down. You can change your mind. None of this is set in stone. You want to play sports? Then play! You do not have to know your whole life at the age of 18. or 19. or even 20. Breathe. Even if it gets old, visit all those colleges, even the ones mom and dad pick out because you never know, that could be the perfect place you never thought you would be. It is okay that none of your friends are going to your school. You want to grow, dont you? You can do this. Trust that peppy girl that keeps telling you all that advise you thought you already knew at orientation. Food is food, even if it is caf food, so try not to be too picky.

Andrea

I have have discovered myself here in college. The experiences I've had have shown me so much about myself and I have grown so much as an independant adult. I feel so much more educated simply because of the different enviroments and experiences and diverse people and wonderful professors. I love college.

Chris

At Trevecca, you are more than a student,you are a part of a community; and are always challenged spiritually and acadimicall...

At Trevecca, you are more than a student,you are a part of a community; and are always challenged spiritually and acadimically.

Classmates here are more than just people, they are life-long friends and a real family.

If I were to Describe my College experience so far while attending Trevecca in one word it would be: Strength. Not physically, but mentally, emotionally and spiritually. While here I have found the strength to break out of my comfot zone, and take a stand for things I believe in. Things I wouldn't have even thought about standing for without Trevecca. I know, with my education here, I will have the strength to pursue future careers, and the strength to make something of myself. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to attend such a wonderful school, an opportunity many will not be able to have. There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for this school and the strength that has been bestowed upon me.

Haley

Trevecca Nazarene University is a small, christian, beautiful school that anyone would feel welcome at.

College has given me a better work ethic. In high school, I was never really challenged, the assignments were all so easy and recquired little effort. College has shown me that in order to get what you want you must work for it. Another thing I have learned from college is that making friends is essential. My first semester I hardly talked to anyone. I did not feel comfortable opening up to new people. I soon realized that friends who are going through the same experiences are crucial. One other thing I learned from college is that I am a stronger person than I thought I was. Some of the assignments and projects so far have been so difficult. There were times (and sometimes still are times) that I felt like throwing in the towel and giving up, but I didn't. College has made me a more responsible, friendly, hard-working, and dedicated person.

The worst thing about Trevecca is that I am the only one of my friends to go here. All of my other friends went to schools that were closer to home. It is hard to not spend as much time with them as I did in high school.

Heather

I am hardworking, goal oriented, determined, and ready for my career to begin.

I am hardworking, goal oriented, determined, and ready for my career to begin.

I have gained maturity, a respect for other college graduates, and a more driven spirit out of me time spent in college. Before I attended college, I believed it to be just an extended form of high school. I was very wrong. College truly is a place to acheive a higher education, a place to grow and mature, and a place to build a firm foundation for a future career. Unfortunately, the amount of money it takes to run a pristine University, such as Trevecca, is rather expensive. I need help paying their tuition and I long to continue growing in the path I am headed down currently.

There is nothing bad about Trevecca, except the cost of tuition.

A moral, safe, and fun environment that I love.

A moral, safe, and fun environment that I love.

I have learned to be a responsible and honest person through my experience at Trevecca Nazarene University. The professors at Trevecca have taken interest in me as an adult and treat like an adult, thus my communication skills have matured over my first year at school. I have learned how to better support myself emotionally through the trials of living on my own.

A person with very loose morals should not attend Trevecca.

I have allowed myself to witness to others and to allow God to show mw what I am suppose to do with my life. Trevecca Nazarene University has given me more experiences and learning abilities to further myself in Musci/Worship Arts.

That Financial Aid is a lot harder to get now that you are in college.

The small cliques that are envolved with the social classes.

I have learned how to be a better student, it brought me closer to my community. I believe that it is valuable to me because I have a two year old daughter, and I want to show her that you need to be in school, I want to set a good example for her. I go to school because I know how important it is for my family and myself.

It is a small christian school so the campus enviornment is all together friendly and close to each other. It is not an uncomfortable envirnment in any means. I have heard from friends from different colleges saying that their professors are hard to get a hold of out of class which is not at all true at Trevecca. I have also heard that there are different groups around campus that they do not socialize with. At Trevecca there are different groups that are more familar to you, however, it is not a common practice to only stay within your group.

I have made lifelong friends at Trevecca Nazarene University. It has been a super friendly and warm experience. My education experience has made a huge impact and I have learned alot. Besides learning information I will later need for my career choice I have also learned the importance of loving others. This could be showing love through friends, family, strangers, volunteering ect. Trevecca Nazarene University has really opened my eyes on my purpose in life. Jesus has shown us through his ministry is that when it comes down to it, "love" is the most important. We are here to love and be loved. No matter what career field someone goes into there is always an opportunity to help someone and love them. LOVE: this is the most important of all.

The overall experience with friendly students and professors. There are many different fun activities to participate in, such as volunteering, intermeral sports, and random planned activities off campus at ice skating rinks, NHL hockey games, Coldstone iceream, etc. It is a small campus enviornment which means it is easy to get to know most of the people at the school and get involved in these different activities.

sarah

Trevecca is best known for music within the christian society. For one it is in Nashville, TN, which is music city, and opens up many opportunities. And the christian part comes from the fact that TNU is a christian college.

If I could inform my senior self of one thing, I would encourage myself to take more classes versus having half a day at school. I thought that my last year really didn't matter, and took easy classes and only went for three hours. Now looking back I wish I had harder classes and stayed all day at school. Now I am taking difficult classes in college and I get overwhelmed with too much homework. I regret my pass decision.

I think that the worse thing about my school is the food. First of all, the food really is bad, hardly anyone eats on campus, and secondly, because for the most part my school is a great place for young adults. It provides a safe environment, good education, and morals/standards to live by. Trevecca is a great school, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Trevecca Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.