Nashville, TN
Trevecca Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trevecca Nazarene University

A moral, safe, and fun environment that I love.

A moral, safe, and fun environment that I love.

I have learned to be a responsible and honest person through my experience at Trevecca Nazarene University. The professors at Trevecca have taken interest in me as an adult and treat like an adult, thus my communication skills have matured over my first year at school. I have learned how to better support myself emotionally through the trials of living on my own.

A person with very loose morals should not attend Trevecca.

I have allowed myself to witness to others and to allow God to show mw what I am suppose to do with my life. Trevecca Nazarene University has given me more experiences and learning abilities to further myself in Musci/Worship Arts.

That Financial Aid is a lot harder to get now that you are in college.

The small cliques that are envolved with the social classes.

I have learned how to be a better student, it brought me closer to my community. I believe that it is valuable to me because I have a two year old daughter, and I want to show her that you need to be in school, I want to set a good example for her. I go to school because I know how important it is for my family and myself.

It is a small christian school so the campus enviornment is all together friendly and close to each other. It is not an uncomfortable envirnment in any means. I have heard from friends from different colleges saying that their professors are hard to get a hold of out of class which is not at all true at Trevecca. I have also heard that there are different groups around campus that they do not socialize with. At Trevecca there are different groups that are more familar to you, however, it is not a common practice to only stay within your group.

I have made lifelong friends at Trevecca Nazarene University. It has been a super friendly and warm experience. My education experience has made a huge impact and I have learned alot. Besides learning information I will later need for my career choice I have also learned the importance of loving others. This could be showing love through friends, family, strangers, volunteering ect. Trevecca Nazarene University has really opened my eyes on my purpose in life. Jesus has shown us through his ministry is that when it comes down to it, "love" is the most important. We are here to love and be loved. No matter what career field someone goes into there is always an opportunity to help someone and love them. LOVE: this is the most important of all.

The overall experience with friendly students and professors. There are many different fun activities to participate in, such as volunteering, intermeral sports, and random planned activities off campus at ice skating rinks, NHL hockey games, Coldstone iceream, etc. It is a small campus enviornment which means it is easy to get to know most of the people at the school and get involved in these different activities.

sarah

Trevecca is best known for music within the christian society. For one it is in Nashville, TN, which is music city, and opens up many opportunities. And the christian part comes from the fact that TNU is a christian college.

If I could inform my senior self of one thing, I would encourage myself to take more classes versus having half a day at school. I thought that my last year really didn't matter, and took easy classes and only went for three hours. Now looking back I wish I had harder classes and stayed all day at school. Now I am taking difficult classes in college and I get overwhelmed with too much homework. I regret my pass decision.

I think that the worse thing about my school is the food. First of all, the food really is bad, hardly anyone eats on campus, and secondly, because for the most part my school is a great place for young adults. It provides a safe environment, good education, and morals/standards to live by. Trevecca is a great school, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Chelsea

Prepare to become the person God has planned for you to become. College is a time to make mistakes, but do not be afraid of making these mistakes because they will shape and mold you into a mature and well rounded adult. College is also a time to truly discover who it is you wish to become. Never be afraid to take risks because those risks will either help you advance down the road you wish to take or they will point you toward a better path. Don't be such a worry wart. Yes, your mother have unconsciously trained you to be one, but college is too short to worry about every little assignment or deadline. You are a good student so don't worry about it. Finally, be confident! You are a great person inside and out! Be confident in the woman God is shaping you to become and be confident in yourself. Only you can make yourself feel inferior.

The rules. They are very conservative and old fashioned. There is no consideration for students who are adults by law and who are mature enough to make their own decisions. It is frusterating to have your ra come into your room every night at midnight just to make sure you are in your room. The clean room checks every week are a pain as well. I am an organized and tidy person, but some weeks are just too hectic and stressful to worry about making sure your room is clean so you don't get fined.

Someone who has a desire to have Christian based education and a want to grow closer to God through the relationships and experiences they have in college. Someone who desires to make friendships that will last a lifetime and meet and work with professors who are more like a friendly and helpful guide through your college journey. Someone who is willing to work hard and be dedicated in order to reach their goals.

Sadie

The small community makes us a great place to build strong friendships.

The small community makes us a great place to build strong friendships.

I would tell myself to start trying to find out who I am and what my passions are before I go to school because there is not a lot of time for self-searching in college. Those years fly by so quickly. They are also so very precious and should be used to learn how to live out your passions rather than trying to figure them out and floating around for four years.

That other schools had nicer living facilities.

Alisha

Trevecca is a not a school, but a family.

Trevecca is a not a school, but a family.

My school has great teacher with an encouraging work environment. Trevecca is an excellent choice if you want to have a better relationship with God and learn a skill that will support you for the rest of your life. As a commuting student (meaning I do not stay on campus) the school provides lockers and places on campus to eat that are not very expensive. The school as a whole care about their students. Even after graduation the teachers keep a deep relationship with you.

Joshua

When I tell someone I go to Trevecca... they have no idea what I'm talking about... "Oh you mean that school in the ghetto?" "Yes, yes, that is my school, where I plan to build my life and career." Most students who go to Trevecca are inclined to do so by their parents. The education is poor, yet the bubble of closemindedness is appealing to parents. Every day events cause me to ask myself... I am paying twenty something grand a year for this?

They are nice and friendly but the majority of students on campus will not challenge you in their vigor for educational success.

It is not worth the money. Yes it is a private college... required chapels, early night curfews, and small student body... but where are the essentials in providing a good college experience much more the education.

Trevecca is by no means challenging. I have one professor who doesn't treat me like my ACT score was 15 (the majority of students' at the university), and presents a need to actually study for his course on New Testamant Greek.

None worth noting. Friday Night Live is the only real entertaining student activity.

closed minded. protected. arrogant yet unaware of their simple minds.

Trevecca Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.