Trevecca Nazarene University

« See more reviews of Trevecca Nazarene University

Prepare to become the person God has planned for you to become. College is a time to make mistakes, but do not be afraid of making these mistakes because they will shape and mold you into a mature and well rounded adult. College is also a time to truly discover who it is you wish to become. Never be afraid to take risks because those risks will either help you advance down the road you wish to take or they will point you toward a better path. Don't be such a worry wart. Yes, your mother have unconsciously trained you to be one, but college is too short to worry about every little assignment or deadline. You are a good student so don't worry about it. Finally, be confident! You are a great person inside and out! Be confident in the woman God is shaping you to become and be confident in yourself. Only you can make yourself feel inferior.

First of all I would say pray about where you should go and for the financial aide you will receive as well as what you may feel a spiritual calling upon your life, however, you don't need to know that right off hand. Second, I would advise you to take a step out of your element and go to a college that maybe not too many of your graduating class will be attending and this is so that you can have the chance to start over and meet new people and lifelong friends. Next, I'd say to pick a school that can best suit your beliefs because if you can't believe in what the school stands for you can't be happy. Finally, I'd say make sure that you look around and find an environment where you can feel safe and feel as if you are not just a number, but a part of a community and an extra large family for without it we may not make it.

Visit several colleges even if you think you already know where you want to go. Choose different sizes of colleges so that you get a feel for what's best for you. Be sure that their campus visit includes meetings with an Admissions Counselor and someone in their Financial Aid Department. If not, ask for meetings with these people. It's very important to meet with them to ask questions that may not be covered in just an overview visit. It's a good idea to have your questions typed out ahead of time and keep a journal of your visits. Also, if possible either meet with a professor over your intended major or visit a class. Get as much out of your visit as you can. Then compare your notes. By the time you do all this, you will have a feel for what is right for you.

I have made lifelong friends at Trevecca Nazarene University. It has been a super friendly and warm experience. My education experience has made a huge impact and I have learned alot. Besides learning information I will later need for my career choice I have also learned the importance of loving others. This could be showing love through friends, family, strangers, volunteering ect. Trevecca Nazarene University has really opened my eyes on my purpose in life. Jesus has shown us through his ministry is that when it comes down to it, "love" is the most important. We are here to love and be loved. No matter what career field someone goes into there is always an opportunity to help someone and love them. LOVE: this is the most important of all.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to chill out and enjoy myself. Most of my senior year was riddled with worry and stress. I would go back and tell myself to spend more time with my friends before we all separate ways for college, but don't dwell on the sadness of leaving them. I would reassure myself that a majority of the people at college are friendly and willing to help. I would also tell myself not to worry about making friends, because during college is when I will make the friendships that will last a lifetime. Finally, I would tell myself not to worry about the academic workload of college-all of my high school teachers exaggerated how much harder college is than high school.

If I were to Describe my College experience so far while attending Trevecca in one word it would be: Strength. Not physically, but mentally, emotionally and spiritually. While here I have found the strength to break out of my comfot zone, and take a stand for things I believe in. Things I wouldn't have even thought about standing for without Trevecca. I know, with my education here, I will have the strength to pursue future careers, and the strength to make something of myself. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to attend such a wonderful school, an opportunity many will not be able to have. There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for this school and the strength that has been bestowed upon me.

To fully achieve a good education, focus on a school that fits you in all areas. Look for a school that has a strong focus on academics and also has high recommendations. Make sure the university you choose has a strong department to offer for your field of study. Always build educational relationships with your professors. Don't become just another student in his/her class. The best thing to do is live on campus your freshman year. This allows you to meet other students and form life-long relationships. Become involved in campus activities, but also mantain a balance in your studies. Make sure to take many college visits to help you find that one, perfect university. When you find the right college, you'll know!

Calm down. You can change your mind. None of this is set in stone. You want to play sports? Then play! You do not have to know your whole life at the age of 18. or 19. or even 20. Breathe. Even if it gets old, visit all those colleges, even the ones mom and dad pick out because you never know, that could be the perfect place you never thought you would be. It is okay that none of your friends are going to your school. You want to grow, dont you? You can do this. Trust that peppy girl that keeps telling you all that advise you thought you already knew at orientation. Food is food, even if it is caf food, so try not to be too picky.

When choosing the right college for yourself/your child, there are many aspects to look at. Location, price, religious affiliations, campus life, dorms, and extracurricular activities are all important things to consider. Compare all of these aspects of each school with your personality and expectations for a college to give you an idea of which schools are your priority schools. Also take a campus tour at each school to get a feel for the atmosphere of the school and the student life. Talk to admissions counselors, financial aid officers, and possibly professors at each school when you visit.

I have gained maturity, a respect for other college graduates, and a more driven spirit out of me time spent in college. Before I attended college, I believed it to be just an extended form of high school. I was very wrong. College truly is a place to acheive a higher education, a place to grow and mature, and a place to build a firm foundation for a future career. Unfortunately, the amount of money it takes to run a pristine University, such as Trevecca, is rather expensive. I need help paying their tuition and I long to continue growing in the path I am headed down currently.