Trevecca Nazarene University

« See more reviews of Trevecca Nazarene University

Find a college which encourages you to be yourself and to better yourself. Sometimes that means that classmates or even teachers will disagree with your beliefs or lifestyle or something else, but if those people can accept you anyway, the creative tensions in those relationships will push you to fulfill your potential. College is a time of self-discovery, so make sure that you give yourself enough room to grow and even to change your mind about who you want to be if necessary.

The first thing about finding a college you want to go to and seriously considering going there is going to visit the school first and see how you like the feel as well for your parents to also get a read on the campus too. Just enjoy the people that come into your life and really just manage your time properly with studies, friends, and social life. Make sure the cafeteria is a good place to eat too that always helps when the food is good.

If I could inform my senior self of one thing, I would encourage myself to take more classes versus having half a day at school. I thought that my last year really didn't matter, and took easy classes and only went for three hours. Now looking back I wish I had harder classes and stayed all day at school. Now I am taking difficult classes in college and I get overwhelmed with too much homework. I regret my pass decision.

Look for a place which allows you to fully bloom as a person, embrace you in a loving community, and challenges you to see that you are interconnected to the rest of the world. We are not mere machines which accomplish, but rather a piece of a bigger picture of the world at large. Look for a place which continually stretches you to seek and question life, ultimately doing whatever you do for a greater cause than yourself.

Live on campus if possible. I am 12 hours away from home, so I have to live on campus but, these are only four years of your life. I have seen plenty of communter students that do not get involved and have the complete college experience because of living off campus. It is an experience unlike anyother to live with those you see everyday, and produces those lifelong relationships you always hear about, or at least I do.

When choosing a school, be sure that you don't settle for a school that you don't really love. Make sure that you like the campus, and that the people that you run into are people that you would enjoy spending four years with. Also be sure that the school is affordable for you. Money is a big issue when choosing a school, so check out all financial aid opportuities to make sure that you get all that you can get.

Look for a school that can bring the best out in you. One that you can get involved with to get to know the people around you. I think it is very important to get involved cause you never know who you might run into that can make a huge impact on your life. Pick a school where you will feel comfortable in the environment around you. Don't for get to study and keep in touch with your family.

Go to the area that has the jobs you want. Look for class sizes that best fit your learning style. Look for professors who are experts in their field (remembering that you'll probably change majors). Don't worry about not having a major. Decide it based on what you enjoy. Liberal Arts schools are nice, b/c grad schools like it when you keep up with a rounded schedule.

Plan far ahead and be very aware of where you want your college career to take you. Learn about the kinds of people who attend your school of choice and what their social lives look like. What's advertised is not normally very realistic. When you do your own investigating you'll get a better idea of what college life will be like and where your education will take you.

I have learned to be a responsible and honest person through my experience at Trevecca Nazarene University. The professors at Trevecca have taken interest in me as an adult and treat like an adult, thus my communication skills have matured over my first year at school. I have learned how to better support myself emotionally through the trials of living on my own.