Trevecca Nazarene University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Trevecca Nazarene University

Amberlee'

To Be Rather Than To Seem! That is Trevecca Nazarene University's motto. Attending this university I learned, experienced and still appreciating the overall message of Trevecca. If you are not Nazarene your first thought of Trevecca is "Man these people are weird." That was my first though, as a sixteen year old Methodist/Catholic entering this school. The school has strict rules of no drinking, dancing, and a dress code. However, if you can overlook those three negatives this school has so much to offer. Trevecca is very strong academically. The professors not only give students knowledge on their particular subjects, but gives the tools on how to apply this knowledge. Additionally, many professors will even go as far to help students use knowledge gained for missionary work. Trevecca is a school built on service. There are many opportunities that students can engage in the community and it is advertised just as much as our sports culture. For a small college, Trevecca has spread its roots within the local community and internationally. If your a future college student or parent this school is perfect if Christianity/good citizenship is a huge priority. Even four years after college, Trevecca's message is still ingrained in my consciousness. As a future educator it was my first choice as an MAT program. Currently, it is just as a remembered, but the classes are more difficult. Even in the Master's program there is a message of service to your students even when we can't proclaim Christ as much as we want. Overall, To Be Rather Than To Seem is the perfect way to describe Good Ol' TNU.

Jacob

Trevecca is a very great Christian school with loving staff and students. Great dorms for single students but nothing for married students so I am ending my studies there after my two years associates degree and will probably continue online. Other than that trevecca has been great for me and my soon to be wife!

Suzanne

Trevecca Nazarene University is an incredible school to learn the servant leadership way to give back once in an administrative role in the business sector. The professors strive to teach a curriculum from a Christian perspective that fully cares​ about the students and the meaning behind the books and classroom experience.

Amber

Trevecca Nazarene Univ was a very religious school. Students had to go to a set number of chapels or services a semester or face a fine. It was a relatively small campus easy to navigate on Murfreesboro Rd. some buildings at the time needed renovated but were on hold for the new business center. Music and religious studies seemed to take priority over other majors.

Ariel

Trevecca is an amazing school and I feel incredibly blessed to get to go here. It is an all around fantastic experience and education. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a university with wonderful Christian discipleship along with personable faculty and a great education.

Katy

Trevecca Nazarene University is a school with a lot of opportunities. The professors are actively involved in the students' lives, and I felt very welcome by everyone I met. The Admissions team is amazing and has helped me so much with all of my applications and questions. I am excited by FLARE projects, where students from different fields work with academic advisors on a big project to present at the end of the year. Another thing I love about Trevecca is how important their faith is to them. They have a statue of Jesus in the center of campus to remind students that Jesus is the center of everything at the university. They also have over 50 chapels a semester (although the requirement is 24/semester), and bring in guest speakers and musicians to motivate and encourage students. I have loved all my interactions with Trevecca, and am excited to attend there in the fall.

Alissa

I've only been here for two months as a freshman and Trevecca has exceeded all of my expectations. I appreciate the boundaries that are set as they continue to guide us through adulthood. I feel that i am really getting the most out of all my classes and i love my professors! Trevecca is generous with financial aid and everyone is so willing to answer questions. It is great to be on a campus that is as beautiful as it is safe. It is safe to say that for the next four years i have found my home away from home.

Halle

I have only been here for one semester in PA school, but so far it has been great! I have lots of great teachers that truly care about you and want you to do your best. We have a small class so we are all tight knit and want to help everyone succeed. It is a beautiful campus!

Jazmin

It is a great University for anyone who’d love to live in the area of Nashville. It is a great environment and I guarantee you’ll enjoy living on campus like I am too. Whether you live on or off campus our school requires to have the same benefits to get involved in school. The greatest part is meeting individuals who have the same interests as you or different interests, these are great experiences one can have.

Jorden

Trevecca is a community, a family even. Although it is small, there is alway activities on campus. If there is not, it is located in the heart of Nashville, allowing for a different college experience. Being in a Christian community can make the school have overbearing rules, but they are intended to uphold Christian values.

Theresa

While I appreciate the general academics and community of the school, it is extremely expensive. I had multiple issues with the women living with me in the dorms which remained unresolved through the entirety of the year. The divide between those who have money and those who don't is even more prominent than other places.

I personally enjoy my time at Trevecca very much. The atmosphere is very warm and welcoming and the professors are always helpful and want to form bonds with their students. Coursework is challenging but not overpowering and I truly feel like it's worth it to earn my education here.

Carson

Trevecca is home. I’m so excited to be here and involved in so many awesome opportunities both academically and socially. The professors are so personal and really work with you to help take you to the next level. I am going to TNU for music and I was so drawn to their program not only because of the quality of their teaching and musical excellence, but also for the community. Nashville is such a competitive musical world, and it’s amazing to be somewhere where students are truly working together and encouraging one another rather than being concerned about being the best.

Andrew

The school is really a great school. Some of the things above, I had to go off of what I have just seen, but not experienced as I am mainly an online student. The professors are really supportive and the school has a great learning atmosphere. At the same time, it definitely rewards the student who wants to learn and take initiative over those who just slack.

Natashia

Trevecca is a place we’re all involved treat you like family and the atmosphere is tranquil.

Monterio

I love this school. At this school they treat you like family and they are very welcoming. Once I got there they increased my scholarship amount and awarded me with a T shirt. My family came with me and we met with some of the professors and they are looking forward to seeing me there in the fall.

Blondina

Trevecca Nazarene University is an unapologetically Christian school. It's just about everything I'm looking for! I've met with a few professors already, and I don't have anything negative to say about them. They are all so kind and truly want their students to succeed in class but also in life. They offer to pray with the students and will even give out their private phone numbers sometimes. They create close relationships with their students and treat them so well. Their office doors are always open when the professor is present. The campus is a great size. It's not too big and it's not too small. The campus is clean and parking doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Raven

Trevecca is an awesome school. Not only is it safe and community minded, we truly are a Christian university in the heart of Nashville. Trevecca makes such an evident effort to foster a community of love, safety, and equality. They are open-minded, and truly have people's best interested at heart. The atmosphere on campus is so hospitable.

Micah

Professors and faculty are great. Variety of groups. Usually there's a good amount of opportunities for your major. Right in Music City, great selection of music majors; so if that is your area of interest, would really recommend. Sports teams are great as well.

William

Trevecca was not my first choice but through perseverance and they showed that they really wanted me as a student, I let the two other schools know I was switching. The professors are very knowledgable and encouraging some of my assignments would not have gotten done if I had not been encouraged to keep going, I am very impressed with Trevecca. William

Alyssa

Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian University in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee. I have felt more at home here in my first few months then I did in my first two years of undergrad. The staff, the students, and the employees make it their mission to get to know you and seek you out. They make you feel included and they simply just make sure that you are doing alright. I am currently a graduate assistant. I am the assistant volleyball coach while I am also pursuing my master's in Healthcare administration. The graduate classes are all online, but the professor's always make it known that they are available for help whenever you need it. The educator's here want to see you thrive and succeed in everything you do. I love this community, the southern hospitality, and the love for Jesus.

Taegen

Trevecca Nazarene University has an amazing atmosphere and an incredible student life. There are a variety of clubs and student organizations to join. The professors are accessible and truly care about students even if you aren't in their class. The classes are academically challenging, but the professors will help you get through it if you are dedicated and put in the hard work.

Gloria

I love the schools atmosphere and the facility here at Trevecca. It’s super easy to get connected and to make new friends here. The staff is well trained and know their field of study and are eager to teach you. I can not wait to see what the next few years have in store for me here.