Pendleton, SC
Tri-County Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tri-County Technical College

Yvonne

I really love tri-county, because they have nice people, facility, and others, who care about your future and your success in life. And they have awesome activities for you to do and get involved in.

Luke

Tri-County Tech is a nice little campus on a giant hill, with no parking whatsoever (but that becomes part of the fun). The food is delicious, if not a little over priced. As far as student socialism, I do not live on campus, so I can't say what dorm life is like, but there are plenty of unofficial clubs and cliques, for video games, card games, and more.

Kasai

A large establishment that has various buildings for classes, school and non-school related activities and socializing.

Friendly, spirited and somewhat silly at times, the classmates here at this school are as unique as they come.

To my past self during high school...I would like to say that preparation can be tough for college. Especially if you're planning on going and paying for it. Instead of spending time thinking and pondering where to go and what to do, I think its best to ask advice to your classmates during your senior year as well as your family to get some advice. But just listening to their ideas and following them may not cut it either. To make a long story short, ask yourself "what do you really have a passion for?" and follow that passion. Oh, and to find a good paying part-time job as early as possible, just to get a head start on earning some change for your new life as a college student. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Meagan

You only live once, start your career now! College can be so much fun. You meet a lot of great people that are willing to help you. College is not like high school, you can do it!

All the great resources that are offered at night. I work and I wish I had known about these. Also, the price of nursing school!

That I made the Dean's list my first semester back. I have a great supportative family that helps me achieve my goals!

Jimmy

The wide variety of students and the complexity of a course transfer schedule. Tri-County also has a bridge program with Clemson university.

I have gotten the studying methods that I lacked during high school. But the fact that I am in the army my past experiences have already prepared me for college. So most of the required college skills where instilled in my by the us army.

Any one with a need or desire to further their education for the benifit of their life.

Anna

My classmates are of all ages ranging from eighteen to sixty. The people in my classes are either kids preparing themselves for a four year college or kids that will not ever go to a four year institution. Also the older people in my classes are mostly coming back to school maybe because they never finished, want to come back to switch jobs and become more qualified, and just because they have nothing else to do.

Throughout my college experience I have learned to be more responsible. I wake myself up and go to school without my parents being there to make me go. I also get all my work done in a timely manner and work hard to make good grades. Living without parents makes one do things they never imagined they would be able to do. College is a great learning experience and I hope to learn more over the years. It is very valuable to attend classes because in college if you miss one day you can not make things up and may miss a lot of important information needed to do good in class. Overall college has done great things for me i've learned a lot and plan to learn many more things not only about a certain topic but also about myself.

Any kind of person could attend this school. This school is a place for people to go to prepare themselves for a four year college or for people that like to go back to school for their work or to get more education to be more qualified.

Kristen

Tricounty Technical College is gateway to a brighter and better future, inexpensive and helps students get closer to the places they're aiming to be.

College. Nomatter the soical groups, classes that make n sence to take, or the instructors that students sware came from another planet... none of it's going to matter. What matters is what you do with the time that's given. College is an opportunity, a choice. So be wise with your choices. Have fun, enjoy the social events, by all means get invloved! Keep this in mind though, college is a gateway to getting you closer to supporting yourself and someday a family. Not all your dreams are going to come true- thats life, so learn it now while you can. Nevertheles,s when one dream seems disolved away, look at what's beside you/ ahead of you; then, you can make new dreams. Remember this if nothing else, be prepared for the unprepared, stay ahead, study hard, understand how your college runs, and don't slack off! If you have a question, go and get the answer, don't wait for it! You can choose to waist the next five/six years, throw away the money you put into it. Then again, you can do what you thought impossible and become on top!

Many students hear their parents say "college is the best time of your life," it may very well be. However, my college life has not so much as fun as an opportunity to better myself for the workforce. TCTC has opened this door me by helping me to get to a four year college.; and, support my unborn son. If anything, I wish I had a better understanding of the life scholarship rules. Because I didn't know the regulations I cramed many hours into my first semester, insted of taken classes over the summer. Thus, I lost my scholarship.

Erin

If I could go back in time to my senior year, I would study a little bit harder to get used to the fast paced learning that a college student has to deal with. I also would have applied for more scholorships and grants while I was in high school, because now money is so tight that I really wish I would have been harder on myself about that. It is extremely hard to prepare for the unknown when entering college, so knowing what I know now about the process, I realize I should have put more money away during the summer, and I also realize now that college is really nothing like high school. Its a whole new world! :)

The best thing about my school I believe is the Vet Tech program that I am in right now. The things they do to help you learn is amazing. When you are a freshman of the program they bring in about 30 dogs and cats from the local humane society and let the students take care of them, and make sure that they are all ready to be adopted. At the end of the sememster they adopt all the animals out to good homes.

Before I started college at Tri-County Technical College I wish I would have realized how hard it is to be so far away from family and friends. I also wish I would have done more research in my search for a school that had what I wanted to do closer to home.

Krista

A small technical school filled with many diverse individuals working together to make a large impact in the world.

Enjoy every single day of your life in highschool. The time flies by so fast and you will soon miss the chance to be home with your family and less responsibilities. On the other hand, it feels really good to finally be on my own and forced to take on responsibility for myself. I have grown up a lot in only one semester. I realize now that I have to be more serious while I am at school. You should not play around and take college seriously. I am now already halfway through my freshman year and my grades are not wear they should be. Become motivated now instead of waiting as I did to concentrate. New friends are great, but weekends are for socializing. Be sure to stay focused during the week and try to get ahead on some of your work. That way you can rest starting every Friday and find joy in knowing that you truly did your best. This semester I will be serious, but I would give anything to go back to the beginning and really start off strong. Be smart, Krista!

Someone who is not serious about learning and enhancing their possibilities of a real career should not attend Tri-County Technical College. Although it is only a technical college, the classes are still challenging and the professors truly do intend for us to succeed. Do not make the same mistake i did before coming to this college and underestimate it. It is indeed a college and you will fully learn things necessary for your intended major.

September

That's a toss up between it's campus location and it's affiliation with Clemson University. TCTC sits on top of a huge hill. The view from all the buildings in amazing! In addition to the great scenery, prestigious Clemson University is just a 5-10 minute drive away. Most students transfer to CU for their 4 year degree.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stick with it! Things will get rough sometimes, but I need to keep my head up and focus on the bigger picture. I would also tell myself that time management is the key to success. I will always have a lot on my plate and the only way to keep up will be to wisely utilize my time! And friends who may seem important at the time will not be around later! Keep a clear head, listen to your mother, and spend as much time with your family as possible. They will be the ones to continue to support you in the future!!

I tell my friends about how helpful the administration is. They seem to really care about the students' potential for success, not the money each student will provide for the school. I really like that.

Tri-County Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.