Angola, IN
Trine University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trine University

Skyler

I would tell myslef to spend more time matching my likes and dislikes to the schools that I am looking at. I would have spent more time on campus looking at the surrounding area to ensure that it is a fit. You want to be comfortable while you are away from home. I would have also warned myself not to choose a school based on a coach or sports program, that though it is important, it is only one aspect that should be inspected. Lastly I would say do not worry, you can transfer if all else fails.

There are a couple of things that I struggle with in this enviroment. I believed that I would like the small size of the community however as it may be charming it is also limiting in promxity. Additionally, the campus development and construction has caused some to be placed in temporary housing that is not ideal. Lastly, it is cold... not Indiana cold but Michigan cold.

The small size and community feel allows you to have a close relationship with the students and professors. The welcoming enviroment allows for a smooth transition from high school to college. Due to the fact that it is a division 3 school many also had the ability to play college sports, including myself.

Darian

I would tell myself to save as much money as I possibly could. I would tell myself that I should look for a job in my first year as soon as I could. I would have told myself not to join a sorority at this school simply because it does not end well. I would have told myself to not eat so much and be extremely frugal with my money. Living paycheck to paycheck is hard and it is stressful. I would tell myself that I should not try so hard to make people like me, those that like me for me will come naturally. I would say that I am proud that I waited until I was of age to drink alcohol socially. I would say to treasure the last moments I have with my high school friends because I won't talk to them again. Make more of an effort to keep in touch with Cherish and do not get into the fight with Aunt Tiffany. More or less I would make sure I knew that things are going to be okay and that I need to cherish this time and try to make the most of it.

I wish I had known that the housing policy didn't allow for students to move off campus until after they are 21, and that they must be this age before the fall semester starts for the entire year. I also wish that I had known that the social life at this school would decline so dramatically. THe student body is not very close anymore and students from different organizations and such do not interact with each other. I also wish that I had known that the meal plans would be so limited.

Aspiring engineers and criminal justice careers should attend this school. Trine specializes in these feilds, however, the criminal justice program is good, but also pretty easy. More or less at this point in time intraverts would do well at this school.

Lincoln

my classmates are really smart, i thought i was smart when i graduated high school but these kids make me look like i'm dumb.

study hard, I know it may feel easy but its crucial that you have a good foundation so you don't have to relearn things while trying to learn new material.

people who prefer small class room sizes and a more country environment

Benjamin

Trine is a school that is focused on pushing its students acedemically, but provides little assistance in order to aid in the learning process. In general, the staff are less than helpful and very difficult to work with. Much of the learning is self taught and requires hours of outside work to be successful.

I have gotten an education, and many life lessons about personal discipline and coordinating with acedemic officials in order to attain my goals. I believe that this college has prepared me to be able to work through many struggles i may face during the course of the rest of my life, due to the fact that i had to deal with them at the college. They have been good to me in terms of financial assistance, but otherwise the school was very challenging. I value what i have learned at the cafeteria in terms of food preparation, and i hope that i can utilize that in my future.

Any one who is not highly disciplined and self motivating. If you enjoy a social life or being with alot of people, this school is not for you.

Nate

Trine University is unique because the campus is really small and you can get to know just about everybody. The classes are small, the teachers are there for you whenever you need them, and there are plenty of homework help sessions. Also, this school had some of the nicest dorms I had seen than any other University. These apartment-style dorms are very nice and spacious, unlike other dorms that make you feel crammed and almost claustrophobic. I would recommend signing up early and getting the best chance to get into these dorms.

I would look back and tell myself, go to a school for the major you want to do for the rest of your life, not for sports, girls, or anything else. Be ready to manage your own time and do not think that just because you are on your own and you have no parents around, that you can do what you want and still get your homework done and pass classes. Do your homework first everyday after classes then spend the rest of the day relaxing and hanging out with friends. Do not drink or party during the week. It is college and everybody thinks it is just like the movies and it is all one big party. Really, there is more to college life than that. If you do drink and party during the week, you will fail. On the weekends, by all means man go crazy, as long as all your homework is finished. Once Sunday hits, you better crack down and get back into school mode. Finally, do not room with someone you grew up with or graduated with, because by the end of the first semester you will hate them.

The worst thing about Trine University would have to be the fact that there is nothing to do in this town for fun. Once you are finished with class and homework, you honestly lay around or play video games for the rest of the day. Also, if you are looking for a job in town, it most likely is not going to happen. The stores around here are looking more for full-time workers and could care less about the college students.

Dana

I prefer a small school a couple thousand students, there are many activities you can attend, smaller classes so you get more attention from the professors.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I have to get in the habit of studying more and harder. If you don't study in high school, you will stay in that habit, and once in college if you're not studying like you should it's going to be a tough four years of your life.

Well anyone can attend the school. If you don't like very big schools and want to go to a small, private school then you're at the right place.

Erin

Trine's campus is in Mishawaka, IN and it's great because it's designed around a working adults schedule.

Dear Self, I am going to take some time to reassure you on some of your "unspoken worries". No, you will not regret not moving away to school, you will save money, still have a "life", and of course, still learn. Yes, you will change and/or doubt your major, just like everyone has said is normal. Your "passion" for teaching will turn into a thought about dental hygiene; which will transform into a thought about being a paralegal, and will end with double majoring at a school you currently know nothing about in the fields of Psychology, and Criminal Justice. You may doubt what I am saying now, but trust me, when you finally make the decision to pursue Psychology, the Earth will shift and you'll know it's 100% the right choice. Some friendships will dissolve, with your choice to stay local, but the relationships you will make in the upcoming years will be life-changing. With the confidence, support, love, and faith we possess- nothing is out of reach. Enjoy your senior year! With Love, Me

I brag about the campus I attend, in Mishawaka , IN, because the classes and schedules are desinged around a working person's schedule.

The classmates are friendly and considerate.

The classmates are friendly and considerate.

I would tell myself that homesickness is more common than what I think it is. Also not all roommates are made out to become your all-time best friend. Getting over your shyness means that you can become friends with more people.

I think the best thing is that the housing is clean and friendly. Also the interaction with the faculty is friendly.

Jeneatte

A great place to be for friends, academics, and meeting so many new people that can help you out now and later in life.

They are fun, engaging, there for the same reason you are, and are in the same boat you are.

College is a lot about getting a great education and figuring out what you want to do for the rest of you life, but its more then just that. It's also about learning about yourself, how to be independent and do things for yourself, how to not turn your laundry pink more then once, and how to pick yourself up after falling down. If you can find the school where that balance is something you want to be a part of, jump on in and take a chance. Not everyone gets lucky in finding their right school the first time, so if you aren't happy, go somewhere where you are. College is a once and a lifetime chance, a stepping stone, and its something you don't want to miss.

Catherine

Visit all of the schools you are interested in. And go into it with an open mind.

The community is very friendly and there is alwasys some sort of activity going on for students to participate in. Also the proffessors are very nice and are committed to their students educations.

Trine University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.