Trinidad State Junior College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Trinidad State Junior College

Anne

4th rate. Remedial. Dumbed-down. The worst teacher, so far, could barely speak English. Her "teaching" consisted of racing through power point presentations of the text book, talking WAY too fast, and mispronouncing all the three syllable words. It was horrible. The best one, so far, is excessively positive and practically cheers "Good Job!" every time I know what a word means. It's quite insulting. It's embarrassing to be a student here, but there isn't anything better.

Anne

Isaac

My degree plan is an specialized Applied Sciences not listed or common. Gunsmithing is the program and Trinidad Junior State College is known for being the best. The higher rate is extremely high and prominent. I researched all my options for this degree plan and it stood out from the other two I found. The admittance per semester is small, as is the class to teacher ratio. Initially I did not get accepted, and that devastated me. Luckily I was accepted for the following semester, which worked out for the best. It gave me a chance to evaluate whether or not this was my decided degree plan and if I had the resilience to try again. The instructors are great and so are my classmates. We began together and will graduate at the same time. This has helped us build a tight bond. I would definitely recommend this school for all students interested in gunsmithing.

Zane

Excellent learning environment for students who are motivated. The library is quite good for the size of the institution, and the museum is rather interesting as well. The professors are friendly and always willing to help with any problems students may have.

Armando

To begin, while I attended Trinidad State Junior college I really had a great time. We had small classes, one on one time with professors. It was a community of great people from all over the place. I really learned a lot from the professors. Everyone at TSJC was there to help and make you accomplish what you wanted to do. Best decision ive ever made.

Elijah

My overall opinion of Trinidad Sate Junior College is that it is a good school but there are some negatives about it. YOU WILL BE BORED OUT OF YOUR MIND. There is literally nothing to do when there are no events up. Oh and if you don't play a sport? Good luck finding something to eat up your free time. The food is pretty decent and the dorms are built like a prison cell. bring a rug and multiple fans cause sometimes it gets really hot. Class sizes are just like high school so it is not overwhelming. People are fun to talk to and a lot of them are from out of state or even the country. There is a lot of support to help you so there is no reason to fail. Overall its a okay two year school.