Trinity Christian College Top Questions

Other majors I cannot speak for. I can only speak for Communication Arts classes, Social Work classes, and Business classes. I transferred in with an Associates Degree -- so some general education classes are beyond my knowledge and experience. Speaking of my education, I am going to TCC for Communication Arts with a minor in English. Now, teachers do get to know you by name. Because the small student-to-teacher ration allows this, you can also get to know your teachers, too. Class participation happens to be common place; in Foundations of Human Communication, class participation gets you to new places that you would otherwise not have gone to. As Dr. Mattson commented one time, independent thinking happens in community. The Communication Arts (Comm. Arts) people have friendly and helpful personalities. They got the wisdom, the teaching skills, and the ability for sustained reflection -- so as to pass what they know on to you, to guide us all and focus us on the common topic we all talk about in a given class period(s). What does this exactly mean? They know what they are doing. They know what you need. And what you need happens to be a quality education. The education I am earning at TCC happens to be a mixture of geared towards a job and learning for its own sake. I do not believe that this dichotomy is true, at least at TCC. It's more of a sliding scale. Happening to be a sliding scale, students should expect to get a good education in Communications. They will be taught how to speak, how to write, how to speak persuasively, how to speak with wisdom and eloquence, and how to write -- clearly, without "lard" (prepositional phrases and passive verbs, which muddles the perspicuity of sentences). To summarize, academics at TCC challenge your thinking, challenge how you feel about subjects/topics, and challenges preconceived notions you hold of reality.

Other majors I cannot speak for. I can only speak for Communication Arts classes, Social Work classes, and Business classes. I transferred in with an Associates Degree -- so some general education classes are beyond my knowledge and experience. Speaking of my education, I am going to TCC for Communication Arts with a minor in English. Now, teachers do get to know you by name. Because the small student-to-teacher ration allows this, you can also get to know your teachers, too. Class participation happens to be common place; in Foundations of Human Communication, class participation gets you to new places that you would otherwise not have gone to. As Dr. Mattson commented one time, independent thinking happens in community. The Communication Arts (Comm. Arts) people have friendly and helpful personalities. They got the wisdom, the teaching skills, and the ability for sustained reflection -- so as to pass what they know on to you, to guide us all and focus us on the common topic we all talk about in a given class period(s). What does this exactly mean? They know what they are doing. They know what you need. And what you need happens to be a quality education. The education I am earning at TCC happens to be a mixture of geared towards a job and learning for its own sake. I do not believe that this dichotomy is true, at least at TCC. It's more of a sliding scale. Happening to be a sliding scale, students should expect to get a good education in Communications. They will be taught how to speak, how to write, how to speak persuasively, how to speak with wisdom and eloquence, and how to write -- clearly, without "lard" (prepositional phrases and passive verbs, which muddles the perspicuity of sentences).