Trinity Christian College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Trinity Christian College

Talia

One of the friendliest communities on a college campus

Alexandra

It is a good college if you are Christian. Christian philosophy is present in all courses, so be weary of that if you aren’t. The class sizes are small and it is fairly easy to get into contact with your professors. Educational wise, it’s a pretty good college.

Trinity is a very good school if you're looking to go into nursing, education, or business. Aside from those three majors (which make up a majority of the student population) the academic programs are not fantastic. The professors are extremely welcoming and open if you are in need of help but be prepared to have a large amount of adjuncts, Trinity does not have a very large full time staff. The food at Trinity is standard cafeteria food, as long as you're not too picky and have a good attitude, the caf will be just fine for you. The sports scene at Trinity is not great, few teams are super competitive and the student body does not go out of its way to support the teams. As a student athlete I can personally say that it was extremely frustrating to be on easily the strongest program at the school and have maybe 12 people supporting our home games. Trinity is a very small, intimate campus which is nice when it comes to class sizes and building a community. This is a problem on the weekend however, about 50% of the school's population lives on campus and of that small number of students, most go home on the weekends so campus is extremely quiet. Of those that stay, most will be found consuming their body weight in alcohol. Trinity, especially among student athletes, has an alcohol problem that is overlooked by faculty. Overall, if you are looking to be a nurse or a teacher I highly recommend this school for you. Especially if you live near campus.

Jerrid

There is a smaller, more intimate setting. There seems to be significantly more personal attention here, than at other schools I have experienced. Most of the professors are really dedicated to their students success. Besides the professors, there are many student resources available, to the point that it makes easy to achieve success.

Mikaela

It is an incredibly warm environment that is small enough to create a family feel. Each person is incredibly supportive of everyone else and that goes for supporting fundraisers, sports teams, and the arts. Counselors go above and beyond to answer questions and professors are just as helpful.

Mariah

I visited as a potential student and I did enjoy the atmosphere but it was during summer so there wasn't many students around. My tour guide showed me around and gave me a lot of information about the school and was really nice. They seemed to really care about the students, really close knit group of people. It is a christian school so I wasn't expecting any greek life or rowdy partying. They are religious but they didn't try to force it on me. I think they could improve their athletics department with more competitive sports, like Tennis, Track and and yes Football it really brings a community together. I also wished they had a pool. Overall it seems like a really good school.

Rebecca

I absolutely enjoy going to Trinity. I absolutely recommend! The professors care about their students so much. You are way more than just a number at Trinity. I am so excited to continue my studies at Trinity. The atmosphere is amazing, and everyone is there to help.

saige

This campus is overall quite small but it is beautiful. The community is also very nice and is always ready to greet visitor's and prospective students presenting a welcoming vibe. Another thing that I appreciate about this school is that the professors are always willing to meet with you during their office hours and the small class sizes provide you with more one on one time with your professor. Trinity is also known for being a liberal arts college and I am happy to say that by the end of my college career I will feel that I have received a well rounded education. The next thing that I feel is important in my college experience is that I am able to express my religious beliefs and learn and grow in my christian faith. As a college student I am the type of person that likes to interest in my studies and not get distracted with partying and what not and you don't see much of that on campus. What I do love to do in my spare time is sports and my first year here I had the opportunity to play junior varsity soccer and It was a wonderful being on the team with all of the girls.

Aubrey

Trinity Christian College professors and class size cannot be beat. However, with that being said, it can be a hard place to find your place in outside of the classroom. If you are not an athlete or a practicing Christian, it might be hard to like it here. Sometimes, even being both doesn't help. Overall, if you are looking for a college to be social at, this one might not be the place. If you are looking for a place to excel academically, Trinity is for you.

I love how welcoming and involved everyone on campus is. Upon arrival, you're welcomed in and you get to jump right into activities, whether it's exploring downtown Chicago (which is only a train ride away) or participating in one of the many on-campus activities such as sporting events, multicultural events, student activities events, etc. The college also integrates Faith into everything the professors teach, and all the events they hold. It's refreshing to see this desire for academic and spiritual success.

Tatiana

no student life, food is good sometimes,

Jameshia

It’s Great!

Siobhan

I love it here at Trinity Christian College! I came in as a transfer this year and the people have been nothing but inviting and welcoming. All of my professors are extremely laid back and approachable. So far all of my professors have gone above and beyond to help me. I only wish there was some more financial aid available for students from low income families.

Mariah

It’s a great school, everyone is very welcoming and they try to make you feel at home, and as a part of a family. They try to create events that we would actually enjoy which I think is great. I remember during the beginning of the school year we play water sports and we were just having fun. Having these like this to do can help take your mind off of things and can help brighten your day.

Trinity Christian College is a tightly knitted community that engages students both in and out of the classrooms. The professors are very involved in the students’ growth and make sure to offer assistance to any student who may need help. They are often seen supporting students outside the classroom as well, going to sporting events, art shows, and musical performances put together by the students. With a wide variety of clubs, and more being created every year, there are no shortages of opportunities for involvement on campus. The housing dorms are clean and comfortably sized with a bathroom in each suite. This is different from many other colleges, who instead have communal showers residents must travel to. While some people may complain about the cafeteria, as everyone has at some point, there is such a wide variety of good food that I can always find something to spark my appetite. If anyone needed a job on campus, there are job boards posted online and the dining hall is always hiring. Every Wednesday and Friday we have chapel at 10am. As Trinity wants all students to be able to have the opportunity to go, they close everything on campus at that time. That means that there are no classes and no possible job conflicts to fight with. Many people choose to use that extra hour for sleep or homework, but to many students the chapel sessions become an anchor for their often hectic weeks. They always have good snacks after for a time of fellowship. Trinity Christian College is a good place to grow spiritually as well as academically.

I transferred to trinity in the fall of 2017 for volleyball. Their athletic programs are a joke and are treated like second class citizens. The academics are nothing special. And worst of all, I was choked by my own roommate and nothing was done to punish him. He still goes to that school today. Think twice before you send your son or daughter here.

Abram

When I came on my visit I honestly said to myself that this place will be the place I call home for the next couple years. The people are so friendly. Since I got to campus, I have made a lot of new connections that will help me with my journey at this school.

Kate

Trinity Christian College is a great place to go to school! There is always something to do, whether on-campus or off! Being so close to Chicago opens up many opportunities for both academic and weekend activities! The professors here are hands-down some of the best people I've ever met and are honest and willing to work with their students. And with classes ranging from 25-30 students, there is always time to ask questions. It's a great school!