Hartford, CT
Trinity College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity College

Olivia

My biggest complaint about Trinity is its size. I've always seen myself as an anonymous student at some overwhelmingly large school like NYU. Yet while I've always wondered what it would be like to be completely independent of any sort of institution aside from my classes, I think I've grown accustomed to the community-like feel of a college like Trinity. In the warmer months, I enjoy the fact that I can walk across the Long-Walk and greet more than 75% of the students who pass me by.

It's often joked about that most Trinity student's are from "outside of Boston". A lot of people are able to draw connections through friends and that's how many friendships start. When someone is from the west coast, people get excited. Trinity is one of those schools where the more outgoing you are, the easier it is.

No, I don't believe they are accurate although I do understand why those stereotypes come about.

While I would definitely not label Trinity as a "party school", it is one of those colleges where people go out a lot. However, that's not to insinuate that academics aren't important; most people take advantage of the attention such small classes offer. As an English major with a concentration in Creative Writing, most of my classes have no more than 12 students. Teachers definitely know their students names and they highly encourage class participation. In fact, your grade depends quite a bit on how engaged you are in daily class discussions. One of my favorite things about Trinity is that everyone graduates with a well-rounded education. You are forced to complete requirements in all major academic fields to ensure that you don't focus primarily on your major.

Most social events occur on campus. Unfortunately, hartford doesn't have much to offer in terms of safe social activities. The basements of fraternities house the majority of Trinity's student body on a typical weekend night. Athletic events are most popular in the warmer months when students like to tailgate outside lacrosse and baseball games or tennis matches. Although Greek life isn't huge on campus, I do believe it's important. I am currently a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma- the only nationally recognized sorority on campus. I don't think that joining a Greek organization is as important for girls as it is for guys but it is a great way to meet a ton of people you may have never hung out with before.

I've heard many stereotypes about Trinity Students. Most have to do with the fact that Trinity Students are all wealthy, arrogant, WASPy types. Some people think that Trinity Students don't work as hard as other students.

Meghan

Trinity is an amazing place: It is a great size where you can foster intimate relationships with peers and professors and though it is in a "tough" neighborhood offers many opportunities to get involved in a major thriving capital city that has lots to offer.

very fun. work hard and play hard.

not completely - you do see that but its certainly not everyone

Most classes are 15-20 students. Professors are generally very accessible and want you to find them if you need anything. Most give you their cell or home phone numbers and want you to come see them. Small round table classes allow for lots of discussion and participation. Trinity's curriculum is great in that there are no required classes, only distribution requirements that allow you to choose a lot of classes your interested in.

greek life on the weekends is the most dominant social scene

the best part about trinity is the size of the school-it is small enough so that you are able to see familiar faces on campus pretty much where ever you go, and are able to establish good relationships, but at the same time, it is large enough to make for a variety of opportunities and things to be a part of

most people dress appropriately when coming to class (i.e. not sweats or looking disheveled)-i think that is an important image to maintain, esp in showing the professors your respect for them. in many cases, i believe, the way you are dressed, is the way you are going to preform, if the professor makes it in to class, with a prepared lecture, the lesast the student body can do, is not look like they just rolled out of bed.

the academics at trinity are challenging, and force you to think in an analytical, outside-of-the-box kind of way. i have loved being able to have direct communication with my professors.

the most popular thing on our campus is to be a part of team. it really makes the campus feel smaller, and more intimate with an immediate second family. i love being a part of the greek system, as it gives you an outlet and an option in terms of night life

Rosie

Trinity offers an incomparable and intimate education. I would ask that Trinity's student body become more diverse. I find the size just right for me. When people learn that I attend Trinity, they are always impressed by its quality of academics. I spend most of my time in the fantastic Raether Library. Hartford is an extremely unsafe neighborhood; West Hartford and the downtown area, however, have tons to offer particularly in terms of delicious food.

Trinity students are often white and upper-class. Those that don't fall under these categories could feel out of place on campus. Most students dress in a very preppy, New England style. Most of Trinity's students are from the Northeast as well as California and several states in the Midwest, (i.e. Ohio and Minnesota).

The academics at Trinity is unique. Classes are very small and I have yet to be unimpressed by its professors. Students carry a "work hard, play hard" attitude. All of my friends treat their work seriously, yet don't forget to enjoy their college experience. Trinity's Art History department is number two in the NESCAC. All of the professors are extremely intelligent and encouraging. Trinity's liberal arts education allows one to enjoy learning for learning's sake while simultaneously preparing him or her for graduate school and future jobs.

Though Greeks compose 20% of the student body population, they tend to dominate the social scene. Athletic events such as men's football, lacrosse and ice hockey games are very well attended. Trinity constantly offers impressive lectures for a seemingly infinite array of issues. Trinity offers such institutions as the "Fred" as an alternative to the Greek scene.

Wealthy, white, preppy, drug-using and arrogant.

tory

trinity is a pretty enclosed campus because it is not in a very good neighborhood. almost everyone lives on campus. while sometimes you may get tired of dorm living, it is nice that everyone is in such close proximity to each other. since it is so small everyone seems to know everything about everyone, especially within your grade, and you see a lot of the same people everyday. but obviously you chose a small school on purpose, and that is the environment you choose. its nice having the deans and presidents walking around, eating lunch with students, and going to sporting events.

trinity's student body is not very diverse. it seems to be mostly white, preppy, wealthier kids. most of the minority students on campus pretty much stick together and have a separate world from the majority of trinity students. many of trinity students have similar backgrounds and interests which gives the image of not being very accepting of diversity.

somewhat. there definitely are a lot of kids like that, but not everyone on campus.

i like the small classes and close relationships possible at Trinity because of its size. i have had a really good experience with advisors and major department. i did an academic program for freshman and sophomore year, so i had a very good set of first year advisors through the program. my advisors from freshman year are still my advisors for my thesis senior year. i have really liked my american studies department, the head of our department is great. he lives on campus 3 or 4 days a week, so he is always at the dining hall, etc with us. hes very energetic about the program, and planning lectures and dinners for the department. since the the general population at trinity has been growing, classes have been growing too which is kind of a problem.

most of the nightlife at trinity revolves around the frats at night. only abour 25% of students are in frats, but all students can go to the "late night" parties, when the frats open up around midnight to about 3:00. there are parties that the frats and sororities have that are invite only too. there is a bar right off campus that is really popular on tuesdays and thursdays. thats really only for seniors and juniors who are 21. before youre 21 the social scene involves hanging out in dorm rooms and then going to late night usually. there are a lot of lecture opportunities on campus. there is an on campus movie theatre too. im not really sure what you would do on a saturday if you weren't drinking. most activities take place on campus but some times we go downtown to bars. i wish we went downtown more

very preppy, wealthy, privileged

Katie

The pretty inner campus. I would ahcnge the fact that this school isn't closed

The pretty inner campus. I would ahcnge the fact that this school isn't closed

I have not experienced anything racial or religious

Sometimes depending on the person

The art history department is the best department

Kappa is a great social organization.

Liz

I spend most of my time in the dining hall or library. Both are very social places. I like the size of our school even though its on the small end of colleges. Hartford is by no means a college town. Its actually dangerous and scary. I think the biggest complaint students would have is concerning campus safety.

Most of the students here are white. When I go out I see mostly white people. Trinity students definitely dress nice for class. Sweat pants and sweat shirts are not typical Trinity attire. Trinity students want to make a lot of money post college.

Campus safety needs to be stepped up.

I think the majority of students here are wealthy but there is only a small amount of people I would consider snobby.

The classes here are not that hard. If a student keeps up with daily assignments and studies for a test then they can easily get an a. I think students are motivated to work in their classes so they will get a better job.

The most popular social scene is going to the frats. People go out Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I would say Thursday and Saturday are the best nights out at Trinity.

People consider trinity students to be rich and snobby.

Ashton

I love Trinity for its size. I wish we were in a better city. The school has done a horrible job by trying to establish a relationship with the locals... because of the school trying to accept the locals into our community, Trinity students end up feeling unsafe on their own campus. Not enough safe parking, especially in safe areas.

Not diverse. There are always racial problems.... not the students fault, even though we end up being punished for mishaps.

The stereotypes about the students are not true.... but you will always get a couple kids like that. Trinity is a serious school that should be given more credit.

I wish there were more classes to take as a student. When money decreases in the school so does the choices of classes. Classes are challenging. Wish there were more majors and minors to take. Because it is a small school you are able to have wonderful relationships with your professors.

Need a bar or pub on campus... alcohol is getting too strict on campus kids end up leaving and going downtown then they drive back.. Very stupid on Trinity's part. Not keeping the students safe. Dont feel safe because our school is an open campus.

Trinity students are extremely weathly, snobish kids. Their parents buy them everything. They are lazy and dont work hard. Trinity is nicknamed camptrin because no one takes it seriously as a school.

Kristina

Perfect size school for me, its small enough to feel like a community and for you to feel like you recognize everyone around campus. I spend most of my time on Campus at the athletic center, the library, and visiting people in their dorms/houses.

I love the size of Trinity, the small student popular

It seems like there are two different groups at Trinity, the large majority of 'typical' trinity kids, and then everyone else. The typical Trinity student is usually very economically stable. Students are generally preppy, athletic, and either went to private/boarding schools for high school or excellent public high schools. Boys wear whatever to class, ranging from sweat pants to khakis, they kind of have a typical 'new england' look (llbean, patagonia, polo, vineyard vines, sports gear). Girls tend to get more dressed up for class and spend a lot of time on appearance, even when they are in sweats they are cute looking sweats.

yes, but they are generalizations, not everyone is like that here

Mr professors for the most party have been great. I feel like many of them really try to get to know the students on a more personal level. Classes are engaging and the professors seem to really care about and love the subjects they are teaching. The most unique class I've taken was "Springsteen, Dylan, Presley" it was an American studies course that analyzed how these three musicians influenced America. It was really interested and was taught by my favorite professor.

All Greek organizations are very popular. A huge percent of the student body are athletes as well. People are also generally involved with community service activities. Personally, I am friends with a lot of people in the Greek community and who are athletes because am both a Sororiaty sister and a member of a team. People party at trinity 3 days a weekend Thursday Friday Saturday. Thursday and Saturday are the biggest nights. People also go out casually on Tuesdays, normally to a bar. Thursday and Saturdays are big Frat party nights.

Preppy, Rich, stuck up students

Charlie

Trinity is slightly small. I had no idea what type of college I wanted to attend when applying but Trinity turned out to be a fabulous fit especially size wise in terms of my relationship with professors and the academics. Socially, the school is a little small--after a while things get old. I would have also liked Trinity to be in another location. Hartford has great restaurants, museums etc. to offer but for freshman who can't have cars it is very isolating because the surrounding area is not safe at all!

Most of the students at Trinity seem to have a lot of money. I would feel very uncomfortable and out of place at Trinity if I had very little money. Everyone drives a very nice car and it is obvious that kids have money.

Although most students are not like this, the few who are can often ruin the image for everyone.

Fantastic! The professors are all down to earth and willing to help at any time.

Greek life is very popular but sometimes takes over the social scene and gets old quickly.

People think that the students are all preppy and conceeded.

Trinity College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.