Hartford, CT
Trinity College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity College

Casey

People who attend Trinity, love Trinity. School Pride makes me never want to give back.

There are definite groups based on socioeconomic factors.

It depends on who youre talking to, but its definitely true about some students

The econ department is very good, but part time professors have been more common lately and I have not had a good experience with one yet.

I am most involved with Greek life and this is how I have expanded my network. I cannot say enough good things about Greek life at Trinity. It gets people involved and gives them a good support system.

Stuck up, spoiled, good looking

Allison

The best part about Trinity is it's size and location. Hartford isn't the best city to live it, but it's right in the middle of New York and Boston, and a short flight from Philadelphia. It's nice to not be so far away.

I think there are some tolerance issues in terms of people being very close-minded and conservative.

While there are some people like that, the stereotype is not entirely true at all.

Every teacher is so willing to help their students. Also small class sizes are great.

Social life is very fun at Trinity. While Fraternities and Sororities do dominate the social scene, there are plenty of other options for people who don't drink or don't enjoy Fraternities.

People are preppy, stuck up, elitist, etc.

Andy

The best thing about Trinity is the professors. Some of them are the best professors I've ever had, and they all genuinely care about students. I have wonderful, personal relationships with them. I spend most of my time on campus working in my friend's room, I have great friends on campus. The food is good. The administration is all right. We have school pride.

People at Trinity really care about causes. People care about the environment, about race, about culture, about rape, about other people. Of course, there are those who don't care...but there are definitely a fair number of people who genuinely give a shit. There's preppy kids, artsy kids, science dorks (like me), religion buffs, history-lovers, religion nerds (like me), etc etc the list goes on. There's a huge range of interests. Students are predominantly liberal, but there are definitely conservatives. Trinity is no Wesleyan.

There are preppy people on campus, but it's not overwhelming. I'm the opposite of preppy and I can EASILY find people to hang out with that aren't preppy. There are a fair bit of rich students, but it's an expensive school. There are PLENTY of normal, great people. We do drink a lot. That's a fact. But we also work really hard.

The best thing about Trinity is the professors. Some of them are the best professors I've ever had, and they all genuinely care about students. I have wonderful, personal relationships with them. Students study, they participate in class, have intellectual conversations outside of class, and are uncompetitive. The academics are great. We have great equipment, including four electron microscopes, a mass spectrometer, a GORGEOUS darkroom, a fantastic theater department...it's amazing.

There are all kinds of groups on campus, ranging from the newspaper to the photo club, the bio club, the medical student group, the newspaper, the fencing club...there are a million of them. I love bio club. You go in to a room and find 15 people who love biology joking about things that have nothing to do with it. I have a great time. No one talks about bio. Athletic events bring students, but many more people go to guest speakers, seminars, theater, and so on. If I'm up at 2am on a Tuesday, which I am, I'm doing homework or procrastinating it. The biggest events every year are Homecoming and Spring Weekend. People party Thursday-Saturday. I don't go out Thursday because I have an early class on Friday, but it happens all the times. Frats don't control the social life, but they are kind of the epicenter of it. You can have a great party in your room, but if you want to go out and dance or get laid or whatever, you go to the frats. I tend to go off campus only for a movie, for shopping, or to go home. There's plenty to do on campus. There is stuff to do on Saturday night that doesn't involve drinking, but I don't know what it is. I'm drunk! I have friends who don't drink, and they seem to do fine.

The stereotypes are that we're preppy, rich, and drink HEAVILY.

Ali

The best thing about Trinity is that you know you're going to see your friends when you're just walking around campus because of it's small and intimate environment. If anything, I would say it's actually a little too small. I love telling people I go to Trinity because it definitely makes me very proud. Because of it's unsafe neighborhoods outside the gates, it is anyone's best bet to stay on campus. People complain that it's not a very diverse campus and that it may be hard to fit in but if you go to a school this small which attracts a certain genre of people, you can't really expect much more.

Trinity students are typically upper class students who have gone through private schooling through their entire life.. but you can definitely find people who break that norm. I am part of the Hillel on campus and have a good amount of Jewish friends here which I think is amazing. Students normally dress up to go to class although I wouldn't say I'd feel uncomfortable wearing sweats.

Trinity is a wonderful school and I love it here! Although there may be certain stereotypes, there are plenty of other outlets to find friends of different background.

I think that for the majority of students, this description definitely applies. But, like all stereotypes, there are definitely exceptions.

Trinity is known to be a work hard play hard school. Academics are challenging and you'll always find tons of people at the library but people also compensate for their hard work on the weekends. Classes are small and intimate and it's nice to have a personal relationship with teachers. I am a psychology major and since it's a popular major here, my classes are usually pretty large but I would definitely feel comfortable talking to any of my professors outside of class. I am confident that I will find a good job when I graduate!

Trinity social life is mainly the Greek organizations on campus. On the weekends, the nightly activity is normally going to the fraternities and partying there. People do go to athletic events on campus especially when the weather is nice in the springtime. I hate to say it but if you're not drinking on the weekends, there's not much else you can do since the surrounding city of Hartford doesn't offer many safe weekend sober venues.

Trinity is known to have very preppy students that come from private prep and boarding schools. It is known to be an elitist small preppy college.

Antonia

As far as im concerned trinity is the perfect size. I love that all of my teachers know my name and all seem to care about how im doing. the only downside to that is that its hard to expand socially in such a small environment. I hate living in Hartford. coming from NYC, this is a huge step down for me city wise and its really tough to be in an urban area that seems both so empty and so dangerous. there is literally nothing around the school except for one organics cafe and a pizza place, oh yea, and a headstone engraver.

artsy kids might initially have trouble here (i did) but there is a definite niche for them. it is definitely the alternative in sort of an underground way but there is a lot of closeness with in the smaller community. did i mention that the school is preppy? cause it is, majorly. guys have popped collars and girls wear strings of pearls. its practically a uniform.

yep. there are a ton of really preppy people and many wealthy kids. I have heard people classify each other as old and new money. heavy party school is def true. if you drink thursday night, friday night and saturday night, its called a "trinity weekend". in spite of all of this the academics are really good and i have developed an excellent rapport with my teachers who i often see socially, outside of the classroom.

i love almost all my professors. if you show an interest and try to talk to them outside of class they will be more than happy to help or give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to academic issues. many students are very intelligent and there are definitely venues in which you can have intellectual debates in a non classroom environment. there are many people for whom that is not true however, people for whom learning ends at the classroom door, who could simply not care less about intelligent discussion. whether or not people participate in class really depends on the class itself, the prof, and how many people are in it. there is generally always an opportunity to participate in class if you want, but there is certainly an opportunity to hide in the back and zone out. the requirments are basic and easy to fulfill, just get em done early so you arent taking math as a senior public policy major.

frats are way important. even though only a small percentage actually pledge, most of the social life here goes on on Vernon St which essentially a line of frats.

Preppy to the max, serious class distinctions, heavy party school but good academics

Payden

Best- small close knit Worst- bad support of athletic events a little too small dont know where it is in class, dorm, ferris what college town great teachers saftey aspects at night yes to school pride its out of a j crew catalog and everyone is pretty some party that I prob. dont remember all of safty complaints

no diversity non blond hair blue eye people/ people who arnt really pretty jenes shirts yes table- rich, blond, preppy table sporty, rich, pretty and fit table- african american, may not be as financialy fit as other tables table- jocks, partiers, only talk about weekends and games

drinking is too big of a thing on the weekends

prof. know my name favorite- history of human rights in africa stat, psyc a loooot for one test around 4-10 hours yes yes history of human rights in africa, immigrants and refugees major- human rights, enviro, international studies some time requirments are fine both

singing groups sprots teams. field hockey rock climbinb toutering sometines not popular unless its a big game, guest speakers depends, theater depends idk in my dorm, on my team studying, cramming spring weekend, family weekend, homecomming 2-4 times a week important some weekends drank- went to a foam party idk touter refugees

Laura

Trinity is just right for me. When I tell people that I go to Trinity, their response is that its a really good school and also really fun. Most of my time on campus is spent in my dorm hanging out with my friends, in the library, and on the weekends I spend most of my time across campus going out at the fraternities. We don't have a college town considering we are located right in the middle of a really bad area in Hartford. We have a lot of school pride while many students attend every sporting event. I will always remember going to these sporting events, which are really fun especially in the spring when there is really nice weather.

Trinity's student body is very uniform. Most people dress up for class, while some are in scrubs because they are on their way to the gym. Usually the sports teams hang out together or maybe the sorority girls and fraternity boys hang out together. However, everyone is friends.

Yes and no. THe majority of students like to dress the same, however everyone is entitled to express themselves in which ever way that would like.

Yes, all my professors know my name and they are very personable. My favorite class is organic chemistry and I study for it very much. My least favorite is Music however I don't have to study for that very much. Class participation is very common. My major is Neuroscience and it is very hard, but very worth it since I'm interested in it.

Students in dorms don't leave their dorms open. I am involved in Kappa Kappa Gamma, which is a sorority here on campus. Athletic events are very popular, especially the Trinity Football games and squash matches. If I'm awake at 2 am on a Tuesday, I'm either studying for an exam or out at AD.

Some people don't understand why Trinity isn't that diverse. Also, one may think of a Trinity student as "preppy".

mj

it is definitely a drinking school. there are things you can do if you do not drink, but your weekends will be pretty lame if you don't.

Sam

overall, I would say that school is pretty good. I have good friends, good classes, good teachers, etc. Hartford is interesting, and once students have cars on campus, it makes it a lot easier to explore Hartford, which despite what people may say, really does have a lot going on.

While the majority claims our school to be overly homophobic, racist, etc, I would not say that is entirely the case. The majority of students I have met are actually very open to other people, they just don't interact with them. It's a small school, and thus there are not large racial populations and LGBT populations. Overall, students are well off, financially conservative but socially liberal.

It's a wonderful schoool, but it takes time to get used to.

soome of them. for the most part students are wealthy and j.crew wearing. However, i don't think our school has a bigger drug problem than any other place. I would say that out school has a lot of private school and prep-school students. Despite what these schools may say, the students tend to be unrounded, very goal oriented and not very open minded. They may go to "liberal institutions" like andover or philips academy, but they are really not very well verse in the actual world, and I think it's a large hinderance to our school.

I know all my professor's names, and they know my name. I really enjoy the majority of my classes, although I must admit that very few students are actively engaged in class. I spend some time with professor's out of my class. I wish there would be a stronger language problem. After all, this is a liberal arts college and thus I think it's important to force students to take a variety of classes so they are well rounded individuals.

Fraternities rule the school. I don't really necessairly have a problem with that at all actually. There are many organizations on campus that offer events all nights of the week, including weekends that provide alcohol free activities. Students just have to find them. Students are lazy. They were so used to their high school where they knew everything and everyone, and now they have to start over. Most students don't remember freshman year of high school, when they walked around and were forced to start new activities and meet new people. They need to do that in college too, and people forget that

that all Trinity students are coke snorting, j.crew wearing, wealthy, rude, conservative. Prep-school kids.

I'm transfering so i do not think that there is a best thing about Trinity. I would change the location and the nightlife here. this schools campus is WAY too small and the student body is too small too. when i tell people that i go to trinity they say that it is a great school and ask if i love it, to which i respond no. i spend most of my time on campus in my dorm and room. this is the absolute worst college town. there is nothing to do on campus and you cannot walk off campus. you cant even walk on campus at night feeling completelly safe. you are not guarenteed a car until your junior year and there is not enough parking anyway. i have seen many cars get hit by paralel parkers. the only thing to do is go to the mall....which you can only get to by car. i dont know annything about trinity's admininstration but i liked when they opened up more classes. there is zero school pride. i would not be surprised if i completely forget about my trinity experience. the most frequent complaints are that the night life sucks.

Everyone here is white, the diversity is terrible. a good amount of people here are roman catholic (i am jewish-and not a fan of religion) but they dont act it. there is about 5 gay people here. everyone here is rich and shows/tells it. a black/ latino/ gay person would feel out of place. trinity is a very unaccepting place. most students at other colleges wear pjs or sweats to class but here everyone wears collered shirts and nice pants. who are you trying to impress?differnt types of students to not interact. trinity is very clicky. there are four tables in the dining hall--i do not eat in the dining hall. the food is inedible, not to mention filled with laxatives. most triinity students are from ct, ma, and ny. everyone here is rich. some students are politically aware but not enough. yes, people talk about how much they will earn one day.

they roomate survey tried to be cute and in turn it was very unuseful. they might as well have picked names from a hat. they only thing my roomate and i have in common is that we are human...except i dont know about her. the seminaare i took did not warn that it was a 4 day straight intensive class. because of it, my choice of roomates was limited to about 30, not to mention i got stuck with my roomate in my seminar. the only one in the building who has their roomate in her seminar. I HATE THE NIGHTLIFE. its the worst i could ever think of. i cannot wait to get out of here

yes, except that trinity is a good school. it has a good reputation but i the classes and professors are sub par

some of the professors know my name. my favorite class is math. my least favorites are my two sociology classes (which i got stuck in because of the time slot) women, gender and sexuality and family and society. i study an incredible amount outside of class becuase they give way too much work. class participation is common. trinity students have intellectual conversations outside of class when they are high. i dont spend time with professors outside of class. The education here is learning for its own sake. i will never use this

the most popular organization on campis is the fraternaties. i am not involved in any groups here. no one leaves their door open in the dorms. athletic events are very unpopular. guest speakers ramble and the theater plays nonsense. people hook up with each other and share gonorea...romantic. i have only 3 close friends here. one was in my seminar--which i hated. one is his roomate and all three live in my dorm. at 2 i am trying to sleep but my roomate is talking on the phone and playing computer games with the lamp on. people party everyday. i go home almost every weekend because i cant stand it here. the only thing you can do on a saturday night is sit in your room or go to a movie by yourself because everyone else is drinking. i cant go off campus because i dont have a car.

Everyone is a preppy, rich white kid. everyone does drugs, (weed, coke etc.) trinity is a good school.

Trinity College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.