Hartford, CT
Trinity College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity College

Perin

Someone who doesn't want a gorgeous campus, engaged and intellegent students and amazing and caring professors to be a part of their college experience.

I planned on transferring from Trinity before I even stepped on campus. I felt like a failure next to my classmates headed to Harvard and Williams, and I was embarrassed whenever schools came up in conversation. Trinity definitely has a reputation, and between Hartford and "Camp Trin Trin" I arrived my freshman year as a less-than-happy camper. But sitting at convocation and looking at the resplendent campus with my eager and intelligent classmates, I immediately felt at home, and that feeling increased every minute I spent on campus. Within a week I joined an acappella group, a choir, and snagged a part in the fall musical. Everyone I met was so welcoming, interesting, and fun. Trinity gave me the opportunity to try everything; the course book was a candy store. Able to take anything from Anthropology to Neuroscience, I took risks in my coursework and I fell in love with subjects I'd never encountered before. Trinity allowed me to take risks and push myself in a caring community-- a truly invaluable experience on all counts. And yes, maybe we do deserve the "party" reputation, but I just like to think of it as great at time management.

Very small- can sometimes get tiring. But there are more people out there than you'd initially think- you just need to try and branch out from your comfort zone

Carolina

Liberal Arts, Neuroscience, Human Rights

Liberal Arts, Neuroscience, Human Rights

I see alot of potential for networking and opportunities toc reate my own path because I am inspired by all of the people here that do that. The support of the professors and how engaged they are in the student lives and activities has been invaluable as well as my experience on the men's rowing team. As a coxswain, I have learned how to better manage mine and help others manage theirs. I am in constant communication with our outstanding coaching staff and talented rowers and they challenge me to push myself everyday.

Health center isn't open 24 hours and the staff is not very helpful or knowledgeable

On the surface, Trinity is an idyllic small New England college, and this is precisely how it promotes itself. However, a closer examination of the college reveals that its small size is stifling, its aesthetically beautiful campus is severely incongruous with the surrounding area, and its impressive academic potential is virtually wasted on a student body that is at once apathetic and incompetent. The only redeeming quality of Trinity is its faculty. The professors are highly intelligent and accomplished, and more than willing to award individual attention to their students.

The student body at Trinity is possibly its weakest feature. The few driven, academically oriented students literally have to search to find each other in a sea of snobby and narcissistic prep-school graduates and their wannabe public school sidekicks.

Professors at Trinity are, for the most part, truly exceptional. They are committed to their classes, and are devoted to their students. Unfortunately, the relationship between professors and students is not reciprocal. Most students, especially in the case of classes that fulfill distribution requirements, are entirely uninterested in their classes, and seem only to be taking them for the sake of actually being able to attend college. There is virtually no intellectual curiosity. Another unfortunate truth is that many students have the attitude that their professors "work for them," and thus do not demonstrate any kind of respect for the professors, particularly in terms of classroom etiquette.

Social life primarily revolves around the frats, of which there are about 7, but only 3 are considered socially acceptable to frequent. Students are let in on the basis of whether or not they know a brother, or are deemed adequately attractive. Alternative social activities exist, but are not popular, and are primarily attended by the same few people.

Wealthy, pretentious, attractive, and more interested in partying than studying.

My classmates are smart and driven, but know how to party and need a little growing up to do.

My school is best known for its squash team and its party scene.

preppy rich kids that are trying to figure out life on their own

preppy rich kids that are trying to figure out life on their own

Look at your college choices like ice cream flavors and brands. Find your favorite "flavor," whether that is a small school, or one with a lot of school spirit. Once you have those, go look at them. Then sort them by your favorite "brands," or what school you liked the best. The school that was your favorite "flavor" and "brand" should be your top choice. In other words, lets chocolate is your favorite flavor and Eddys is your favorite brand. You don't mind the other brand, but Eddys is by far the best. The schools that are after your top choice should line up like your next favorite "brands" of ice cream. Thats how you should choose a school. To get the most of your college experience, get involved. If you just sit around and wait for things to happen to you, your going to hate it. GO DO SOMETHING! That's the best adivice anyone can give.

lauren

They are conformist wealthy preppy students that seem to all dress the same and never socialize with nyone who is outside this norm.

After weeding through college choices on paper, the best way to know what school is best for you is to visit the schools in person to see the school itself and also the people that study and work there. By seeing students and faculty interacting in a variety of social settings, it becomes easy to decide if a school will be the right fit . You should pay attention to what the campus and the surrounding area has to offer in terms of student organizations, internships, and community engagement. These facets of the school are as integral to a college education as classroom learning. The academic and social compatability of a school are equally important because if the school fits you socially, you are more likely to get involved in a meaningful way in and outside of the classroom. You should remain focused on getting an equally good education in and outside of the classroom. Get involved in a student organization, volunteer program or internship. College is a time to be assertive and responsible for your own experience by reaching out and engaging in your school and community in a way tht is meaningful to you.

Attendance and in class presentations are required

Kathleen

As a student athlete, I would ask incoming student athletes this question--would you be happy here if you got hurt and couldn't play? ...if the answer is yes, then you can feel confident that the school is right for you. From there, it is the risks you take to meet new people, the new organizations you decide to join, and the amount of viggor you put into your studies and all you do on campus that make the college yours. You only have four years so work hard, play hard! I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you ever need a recommendation for Trinity College. It was the best four years of my life.

Lincoln

In my classes brilliant, in some others they can be rather dumb.

In my classes brilliant, in some others they can be rather dumb.

Attend classes before making choices. Such is probably most worthwhile thing I did. Gut feelings should be followed.

Anyone really, whoever feels comfortable. There are many niches to be filled.

Mark

People that are smart, outgoing, and like to have fun will get the most out of attending Trinity.

The friendships you develop with your classmates. In a very short time at Trinity most of the students make friends that they will have for the rest of their lives. The students share school pride and feel that they are part of a very special community.

I would encourage overnight visits to schools to really get an idea of what attending the institution would be like.

Olivia

The best advice I can give about finding the right college has nothing to do with statistics about the school, or knowing what you want to do, or where you want live. It has to do with your gut. I used to finish college tours, and hang around afterwards stand in the middle of the quad, close my eyes and ask myself the question: "could I see myself here?". After all, this place was not only going to be my place of education, but where I lived and essentially made the transformation from girl to woman. If I didn't feel right at that moment , I wasn't going to feel right three years from then. It didn't matter about my SAT scores or my GPA, or anything. What mattered was where I felt at home. That is my best advice, apply where you feel most at home. The college experience will start off much easier for you.

The campus is beautiful. Going to school in such a picture perfect place promotes a more academic atmosphere at least in my opinion. Some of our buildings are studied by local art history classes for their structure. Especially in nice weather, being able to come on to campus and have class outside is a wonderful thing.

The fact that fraternity life dominates. It gets boring after a while, and if you don't drink, you will have a hard time fitting in.

Trinity College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.