Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

Most students dress up for class, which is different from the lax dress code of my high school. Coming from California was a shock, because the east coast atmosphere is more intense and formal than the west coast. Students are more moderate/conservative and slightly more competitive in classes and jobs.

Students are racist, sure, but misogyny and homophobia win the day. Beyond that, the general preppy-ness of the student body contributes to a sense of elitism, which really may be Trinity's fundamental problem: these are stupid rich kids. They feel entitled to everything and strive for nothing.

I think Trinity has a place for every type of student on campus. It really is a matter of how well they can accept the different people around them. The guy with a popped collar might be the coolest person you know, but he could also be good friends with the guy with blue hair and a nose ring.

Overall, the student body here is not very accepting of peoples' differences. i know a number of gay people on this campus that have been a target of offensive remarks and actions. most of the people i am friends with are republican but there are a good number of very liberal people on campus.

There are a diverse group of student on campus coming from a variety of backgrounds, however, they do not often mix outside of class. Trinity can sometimes be a stratified and segmented community, yet its small size does not allow students to completely isolate themselves from one another.

no diversity non blond hair blue eye people/ people who arnt really pretty jenes shirts yes table- rich, blond, preppy table sporty, rich, pretty and fit table- african american, may not be as financialy fit as other tables table- jocks, partiers, only talk about weekends and games

Trinity's student body is very uniform. Most people dress up for class, while some are in scrubs because they are on their way to the gym. Usually the sports teams hang out together or maybe the sorority girls and fraternity boys hang out together. However, everyone is friends.

most kids look well dressed every day. You wont see a lot of peopel wearing sweats to class, unless they are going to the gym. Its also a really fit campus. Most people play a sport or stay in shape some how. Peopel are usualy really nice. not a very politically active campus.

trinity overall doesnt have a very open minded feel to it most students dress up for class dining hall is split into 2 differnt areas, one area is preodominately white and the other minorities students are definately very politically aware and active

The student body at Trinity is possibly its weakest feature. The few driven, academically oriented students literally have to search to find each other in a sea of snobby and narcissistic prep-school graduates and their wannabe public school sidekicks.