Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

all of that being said: if you don't fit the trinity stereotype you can be VERY happy here. take it from someone who wanted out. very badly. but who is now exceedingly happy. i hate the school. and sure on principle i guess that means i shouldn't continue to stay. but fall in with good academic departments and professors and that part of life will be more than adequate. take advantage of things like the fred. like cinestudio (the only real movie theater on a college campus in the county. it shows foreign, independent and classic films, and is a true gem that almost no one takes advantage of. students run everything except for the projection, and if you volunteer once a week you can see any movie for free). you will find people here that are like you. it might take more time than it would somewhere else. but it can be an incredibly rewarding experience to get to be part of the group that's "different." you get to really run things and make decisions and affect people's lives. you can be the students that make the new unahppy trinity students change their minds. you have a chance to be someone that's not just part of the flock. i'll never give money to trinity itself. maybe to something like cinestudio, or an academic department i care about. but as an institution i hate everything it stands for. i think few members of the administration care at all about changing the reputation. academic programs are frequently cancelled. the library is open a pathetic number of hours. little things like that which show they don't really care. many say that the arts are severely ignored. some even say sports are ignored. all of it goes to show trinity doesn't really do much to encourage participation. or maybe they just don't admit active students. but if having to work to find what you want or a social life with a heavy dose of alcohol doesn't appeal to you, best to keep looking.

Trinity is a work in progress. I have thought about leaving many times but it is at a crucial point in its history. now more than ever, we need politically conscious, caring, diverse individuals that will truly change the environment here. i do not want to steer any one away from this school because the academics are so rewarding and there are amazing people. but it is a challenge...moreso than at other schools. but the challenge is necessary in order to reconstruct the college campus.

at times there are students who get caught up in the campus power struggle on both sides. some students want to take over the school and aggressively go after change, while some students only want to rebel against those who try to restrict them. this is something that creates more conflict on the campus, rather than helping it, which is the premise on which people get themselves involved in something like this.

Trinity College is the perfect combination of a study school and a party school. The students are intelligent, work very hard and are usually successful after graduation. At the same time. students know how to balance this hard work with fun on the weekends. It is also a small school (about 2200 students) which allows for a more close knit community.

students are unfriendly to anyone different from them and it's rare for someone to smile at you (or even give eye contact) on the long walk (across campus) i would transfer, but for two reasons: I have an amazing group of friends (with whom i engage in academic discussions when we're "partying") and believe i am getting a top notch education.

Trinity has an extremely underrepresented and amazing biology and environmental science faculty who are extremely dedicated teachers and colleagues. Trinity is a school where if you put your mind to it, you can participate and excel in many facets of the college.

i am glad this gets out for anyone who wants to know about my school. There are guided tours for interested students, so anyone can check it out and students are the guides.. if you like it, you are more than welcome to apply

I think Trinity is over priced by a large amount. I think the experience can be great, but I also think it can be miserable. You really have to want to be at Trinity and in a certain environment to make it work.

They are re-doing our main building which will be very nice. When its nice out, everyone is out on the quad hanging out in the sun and barbequeing. Everyone goes to the baseball games and hangs out outside.

Trinity is a great school and the best things about it are its urban environment offering great restaurants and cultural opportunities as well as a beautiful campus with a ton of school spirit.