Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

soome of them. for the most part students are wealthy and j.crew wearing. However, i don't think our school has a bigger drug problem than any other place. I would say that out school has a lot of private school and prep-school students. Despite what these schools may say, the students tend to be unrounded, very goal oriented and not very open minded. They may go to "liberal institutions" like andover or philips academy, but they are really not very well verse in the actual world, and I think it's a large hinderance to our school.

This stereotype could not be farther from the truth. There is a great deal of diversity on campus, not only ethnic, geographic, and socio-economic diversity, but also diversity of interests, which makes for great intellectual conversations in and out of the classroom. Trinity students are mostly very social and friendly, coming from a variety of backgrounds. After spending a few moments on the campus, you will experience this and the strong bonds that have been formed amongst the student body.

I would say on average no. There may be those students at Trinity but they are certainly not the majority. There may more students who like to get dressed nicely for class that on some other campuses and Tory Burch and Barbour are staples in many girls wardrobes, but the biggest misconception about Trinity is that there is only this one type of student. You can find almost any commonly classified student at Trinity.

yep. there are a ton of really preppy people and many wealthy kids. I have heard people classify each other as old and new money. heavy party school is def true. if you drink thursday night, friday night and saturday night, its called a "trinity weekend". in spite of all of this the academics are really good and i have developed an excellent rapport with my teachers who i often see socially, outside of the classroom.

No. As far as the stereotype of the students, I have found them so be rather false. There are certainly some kids who fit the stereotypes but they do not represent the majority of the students. The stereotypes of Hartford are true although I would rather attend school in a dangerous, delapidated city than in the middle of nowhere. Getting home (to the airport) is very easy, something of which I am very grateful.

To some degree, unfortunately, yes... but we, the students and the administration, are working to change that to see more tolerance, diversity and unity on the campus. While there is an abundance of privileged students, very few of them are snobs and are welcoming to new people. Students at Trinity have difficulty breaking from their molds and groups, but once it happens, everyone gets along well.

The study body does have a wealthy population but money isn't everything, in the classroom setting it doesn't matter how much money you have in your bank account, its a matter of how hard you work and care about your studies. In terms of sorority life there are many different financle plans one could be on and Trinity is very supporive to allowing every student a chance or opporuntiy.

The school is predominantly white and about half the kids are on some kind of financial aid. On the surface, kids dress well (some girls/boys really overdress for class) but when you get into classrooms, kids look very regular. And yeah, sure, there are definitely kids who don't care about school and would rather party every night, but aren't you gonna find that at every school?

As with any stereotype there is usually a kernel of truth embedded in them somewhere. There are lots of kids who went to private school and lots of kids who dress pretty preppy. However, Trinity has done an excellent job in recent years to admit a very diverse group of students. I see fewer and fewer popped collars everyday and more and more of everything else.

There is always an element of truth to stereotypes, however are exaggerated; there are a lot of good looking and wealthy students here, and the majority of them are Caucasian. I probably would describe Trinity as a party school because students cannot go out unless intoxicated, but most of the students enjoy that atmosphere and are happy at Trinity.