Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

This is not indicative of the entire student body, but it represents a fairly large percentage of it. I find that most of the people who fit these stereotypes are involved in Greek life.

Nearly. We have a very large student population that is preppy. While the face of Trinity may be a preppy Bostonian, our campus is very diverse (ethnically, racially and intellectually).

There are truths behind all stereotypes. There are students at Trinity who are very wealthy and preppy. However, that does not describe all the students at Trinity.

The stereotypes about the students are not true.... but you will always get a couple kids like that. Trinity is a serious school that should be given more credit.

I think most are overgeneralized perceptions, which is what makes it a stereotype, but I also believe these perceptions arise from some kernnel of truth

Up to a point. There are a fair number of students who are fairly well off and went to prep schools, but there are also a lot of students who do not.

Yes and no. THe majority of students like to dress the same, however everyone is entitled to express themselves in which ever way that would like.

I think that for the majority of students, this description definitely applies. But, like all stereotypes, there are definitely exceptions.

To some extent, yes. The foundations of the stereotypes are true, but they are built upon to make seem worse than they are in reality.

To some degree. A fair amount of the student body relative to the real world comes from affluent backgrounds however certainly not all.