Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

GREEKS GREEKS GREEKS. there is nothing to do off campus so frat row rules the social life. the fred offers the only real weekend alternatives unless you want to go to college sponsored dances which are very lightly attended. Academic type activities are small, and usually department run, they exist but you will most likely have to hunt for them. cinestudio is an incredible resource for anyone that likes movies. the greeks are really able to control the school. drinking is the only weekend activity if you don't have a huge paper to write and want to spend it in the library. not a huge percentage of students are actually in a fraternity or sorority, but the majority of the student body spends their weekends there. friends are often met freshman year, in the dorms. for many its rare to make new friends after frehsman year, but it is possible if you are unhappy and want to seek out new people. friendships often seem to revolve around nothing other than drinking, it is the main social activity. dating doesn't really exist, but what college does have a dating scene. it's all about the hookups or the relationships. you won't find much else. overall it's not a very community oriented place. there are no traditions, few school wide events, all goes to show the administration is just fine with the greeks ruling the show.

Lots of people do sports here. But there are tons of other organizations like: zeta omega eta- feminist sorority FU- feminists united Green campus MOCA- men of color alliance Phab- body image awareness women's center action resource center Eros- lgbtqi group temple of hip hop stop the raids- immigration rights group connpirg etc. the dorms are pretty secure- a lot of people in my class live off campus- but this is not the norm the theater program is visible but not the best, i hear athletic events are fairly popular- we have our own ice rink the dating scene is more of a hook-up culture- frats and sororities are the social spaces.but we are working to change this by creating alternative places on campus for social life to thrive. there are lots of hip hop shows, guest speakers, sex talks, live music, poetry, spoken word,etc. there are events off campus as well as great bars and restaurants

A large amount of Trinity students are involved in many different organizations on campus. There are intramural sports, club teams, fraternities, sororities, religious groups, and many others. Athletic events are pretty popular especially when the weather is nice and people want to hang out outside. Students at Trinity stay up pretty late most nights of the week, but sometimes it's nice to go to bed early. You can find people going out any night of the week, but the most popular nights to go out are Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Most people hang out in their dorm rooms or at students' apartments off campus and then go to a fraternity or sorority. Students also go to the few bars around Trinity's campus in Hartford.

All Greek organizations are very popular. A huge percent of the student body are athletes as well. People are also generally involved with community service activities. Personally, I am friends with a lot of people in the Greek community and who are athletes because am both a Sororiaty sister and a member of a team. People party at trinity 3 days a weekend Thursday Friday Saturday. Thursday and Saturday are the biggest nights. People also go out casually on Tuesdays, normally to a bar. Thursday and Saturdays are big Frat party nights.

People attend games and campus activities on weekends. People also go downtown in Hartford to bars and restaurants. There is also a lot of room parties, athletic club, and fraternity/sorority parties on/around campus to attend. While the population of Trinity students who drink are some of the more visible students on campus, I would suspect that about half of the student population does NOT drink. I myself am not one of the non-drinkers so I am unsure of what sober activities people who do not drink engage in on weekends.

athletic events are really popular-showing a great deal of stduent pride. fraternities are also really popular. i would say that a huge population on campus attends the fraternities on weekends. i think that dorms have a huge influence on who you are friends with. for me, my closest friends are all girls who i lived in the same freshman year dorm as. homecoming is a huge social event that occurs every year that alumni return to campus for a it is a really fun day.

The social life at Trinity is party based. Most of the weekend activities happen at night at the fraternities and sororities. There are a number of groups on campus, but many of them are underfunded or poorly run. The athletic events can be popular (squash) or can be fairly ignored. There are a lot of good speakers that come to Trinity, but they are not always well advertised. There are also a lot of acting and singing events on campus.

Trinity is a very athletic school so many people are involved in either varsity sports or club teams. I am not on a sports team, but I do go often to the games and am a big supporter. I have been involved in the Student Alumni Ambassador group where we meet with alumni and encourage them to give back to the school. Most people go out on both friday and sat nights and like to have fun. And fraternities control the social scene.

frats most popular. lots of sports teams. tripod not too many people, really down to earth people (who are hard to find around here) people go out all the time, especially thurs. saturday night if you don't want to drink, you can stay home i live off downtown so i go to bars sometimes, but in general trin students don't go downtown. if im awake 2:00 am tuesday, i am watching a (netflixed) movie in bed

Good social scene. Mostly on campus activities. Lots of drinking, generally go out 3 to 4 nights a week. It is only 20 percent greek but that is the social life that I am mostly familiar with. I mostly attend greek events and after that, TCAC events like the 80s dance. Spring weekend is the best annual event. Its also nice to have a movie theater on campus to give you something to do on a boring wednesday night.