Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

best thing about trinity: its professors one thing i'd change is its location, unfortunately this is not a safe place and students are target. campus safety has to be reinforced and they are working on that. the school is not too large and i like that because it makes it more like home, you get to know more people and that is good, you are not a stranger. Since i am part of the minority at trinity people react surprised when they find out i go to trinity, but hey I got a full scholarship and this school welcomed me very well, why do we keep the stereotypes and don't find out what trinity really is? I don't live on campus, but if i did i could spend time at fraternities, the Fred, Mather dining hall, the cave, austin arts center, bbq outside one of the houses. Trinity has to fix the administration because when it comes to money they are not very wise on how to use their budget, but the school newspapers and clubs keep things in line and in order. Complaints, no much variety on what to do.. but there is, the problem is that there is no clear place where you can find out everything that happens in school, and of course the campus safety issue, and probably parking as well. We need more domrs, and thank god they are building them, plus they are tearing down some ugly buildings and fixing the long walk, it's taking some time, but the school is looking much better

As I enter my final year at Trinity, a reflection on my past three years is well described by the feeling of fullness. Beginning with my first year seminar, Trinity has maintained a fruitful degree of academic rigor that, while accompanied by individual attention (student faculty ratio 9:1), challenges every student become their exceptional self. This pursuit does not end in the classroom; by the end of my first month, I was working in the on-campus coffeehouse, acting in the fall production, tutoring elementary students, and attending scholarship meetings. At a large university, this tight-schedule might be daunting--impossible, even. At Trinity, personal relationships with faculty and students is indispensable. Whether you need help scheduling, finding extracurriculars, or applying for research/ internship opportunities, Trinity's faculty is there for every student--available before, during, and after office hours. Currently, fresh off the flight from studying abroad, I am living on campus working for Trinity's Admissions Office. I will be completing my final year, writing two thesis & taking in as much as I can in my final lap around. If you think a small, liberal arts school is a fit, absolutely come visit Hartford & take a tour of the college. It was one of the most rewarding choices of my young life.

The best thing about Trinity is the academics and the opportunities for students that don't fit into the typical trinity social scene to create some change and be voices on campus. the size of trinity is just right, I feel. When i tell people i go to trinity, they assume i am rich and Anglo. I spend most of my time in the Underground coffeehouse and off campus housing. Hartford is an underappreciated city that i love living in. there is diversity, wonderful restaurants, and issues of poverty and racism that trinity students must address. We have had some issues on campus dealing with racism and sexism and homophobia. These are the complaints i hear most on campus.

Best thing is the quality of the professors. Great professors in philosophy and poli sci departments especially. -there is no parking. students forced off campus, made to register, then get ticketed / towed --all the time. no parking, for commuters especially, is absurd. -school is too small and not diverse (but this was expected before i came here) -not much school pride, i dont think -frats are the social scene, organized in a heierarchy of wealth. also absurd. -lots of drinking, drugs, and cigarette smoking -one girl was raped the other week at 4:00am on trinity campus. this is the major controversy, safety. was it her fault? campus safety's fault?

I think the students at Trinity are the best part. I love my friends and I love hanging out with them all of the time. Sometimes I do think the campus is somewhat small because most people know what goes on with everyone else, but the class sizes are great and you can find many great groups of friends! There is good amount of school pride, but it's not like the big division 1 schools. A lot of people attend sporting events because most Trinity teams are really good and the games are fun to watch. Sporting events are also a good social event. I will always remember Spring Weekend. It is absolutely crazy and I have never had more fun in weekend at Trinity!

Trinity is the perfect size school. I love going to a school where there is always the chance to meet new people, yet I also feel like I have a large network of friends and therefore, I am always walking on campus and saying Hi to different people. I feel that Trinity is full of students who like to work hard yet also play hard on the weekend, which is great! I love having fun on the weekends but also being at a school where everyone really cares about their school work. I think Trinity has great school pride because of our tight knit community.

Trinity is really small which means when you tell someone you go there, it doesn't always get recognized. It also means that it is a very small community where things travel fairly quickly. The is not the best run institution in the country. There are a lot of financial problems and behavioral problems. There has been a lot of controversy recently about community relations and racism on campus. Depending on your interests, that is where most of your time will be spent; the classroom, the athletic fields, the fraternities or sororities, etc.

I am a chemistry major and Trinity has amazing scientific facilities and professors. All the Trinity professors that I have encountered are willing to help all the time with my academic work and my personal life, when I need it. They all take tons of time to spend with every student. The scientific instrumentation is unparalleled at a school of Trinity's size. The emphasis on undergraduate research is apparent and many of the science majors are funneled into top graduate schools. Hartford is not a college town and kind of dangerous.

Trinity is a school full of rich kids from New England who don't try to hide it. Since the surrounding area, and really all of Hartford force students to stay on campus, drinking becomes the major social activity. People definitely do study, but other than academics and partying they concentrate on little else. Extracurriculars are not huge for the most part, neither are alternative lifestyles. The administration really does nothing to break this cycle, and the students that try to are met with a lot of resistance.

Trinity is a small school, and it is perfect that way. Despite the bad reputation of the Hartford area, Trinity is a gem among the area. The campus is very beautiful, and after the long walk renovation, it will be even more beautiful. There is a lot to do on campus, and a lot of diversity. There is a great scene at Trinity, and a small bar across the street. The administration and professors are excellent, for the most part. I find it is very difficult to find a professor that I don't like.