Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

Trinity is amazing with a few exceptions. First its in the middle of the ghetto and there are often incidents of students getting mugged or assaulted. The lack of funds has driven tuition up, while there are less classes to choose from among other noticeable cuts throughout the college. Most of the girls at Trinity are very attractive while the male population not so much. The boys get tail from hotter girls then they should in real life and in turn, creates egotistical frat maniacs. Also, the campus food dominated Chartwells is by far the worst thing about Trinity. The food is aweful. Usually pumped full of harmones and diminishing options force students to look elsewhere for nutrition. It is really gross.

The best thing about trinity is the people, the professors, the quad and the small liberal arts college atmosphere. People go out to dinner, the Westfarms Mall, and West Hartford when they want to get off campus. There are enough fun things to do that you never feel stranded from society, or trapped in small liberal arts college bubble. There is a ton of school pride, though there have been a lot of complaints recently with the housing crisis, re-vamped dining facilities from Chartwells, the budget crisis, and excessive construction. However, overall everyone loves it here and loves meeting people who went here, want to go here, or whose parents went here.

Trinity is just right for me. When I tell people that I go to Trinity, their response is that its a really good school and also really fun. Most of my time on campus is spent in my dorm hanging out with my friends, in the library, and on the weekends I spend most of my time across campus going out at the fraternities. We don't have a college town considering we are located right in the middle of a really bad area in Hartford. We have a lot of school pride while many students attend every sporting event. I will always remember going to these sporting events, which are really fun especially in the spring when there is really nice weather.

There is not much to do outside of trinity, we do have a mall and a couple of great restaurants, but i usually never go off campus on the weekends in terms of bars,etc. I love trinity and basically everyone here does too. Everyone just wants to have fun but we all also take our work seriously. The second it is nice out the majority of the school will be drinking on the quad or attending sporting events. The biggest controversy on campus is the recent sexual assault...but you just need to be careful - there is no reason why that girl should have been by herself at 4am. You just cant be stupid and you should be fine.

The best thing about Trinity is the size. Its small enough so that I see people I know basically everywhere, and I know the majority of people in my class, even if only by face. The people are really friendly, and I feel like there really aren't that many loners. Everybody fits in somewhere and people tend to find their groups of friends pretty quickly. The one major let down of going to Trinity is being in Hartford. It's basically a shit show, so people spend basically all of their time on campus. The majority of the party scene takes place at the fraternities which also gets a little old at times.

I would get rid of the Greek life. It's unnecessary at such a small school, and kids, especially freshmen, think it's awesome to get drunk and go out to frats and dance with strangers. I guess you'd call this the social life, but there's nothing social about dancing belligerently with strangers, is there? Unless you have a car, you're pretty stranded on campus. The area of Hartford is really dangerous and you shouldn't go anywhere by yourself if you walk off campus. Having a car is awesome - you can go to the mall or to West Hartford which are both about a 10 minute drive and are really nice.

The best thing about Trinity is that you know you're going to see your friends when you're just walking around campus because of it's small and intimate environment. If anything, I would say it's actually a little too small. I love telling people I go to Trinity because it definitely makes me very proud. Because of it's unsafe neighborhoods outside the gates, it is anyone's best bet to stay on campus. People complain that it's not a very diverse campus and that it may be hard to fit in but if you go to a school this small which attracts a certain genre of people, you can't really expect much more.

The best thing about Trinity is how well the school responds to students who want to take initiate and make something happen. Expanding an existing group on campus or founding a new one, Trinity loves seeing students step up and take the reigns. And because not everyone is stepping up and protesting something - like at our neighbor, Wesleyan, where I originally wanted to go to school - when you do speak up, your voice is heard by the entire campus. Students who would be just part of the masses at other schools have the space and resources to take on leadership roles and make a difference.

trinity is a pretty enclosed campus because it is not in a very good neighborhood. almost everyone lives on campus. while sometimes you may get tired of dorm living, it is nice that everyone is in such close proximity to each other. since it is so small everyone seems to know everything about everyone, especially within your grade, and you see a lot of the same people everyday. but obviously you chose a small school on purpose, and that is the environment you choose. its nice having the deans and presidents walking around, eating lunch with students, and going to sporting events.

On the surface, Trinity is an idyllic small New England college, and this is precisely how it promotes itself. However, a closer examination of the college reveals that its small size is stifling, its aesthetically beautiful campus is severely incongruous with the surrounding area, and its impressive academic potential is virtually wasted on a student body that is at once apathetic and incompetent. The only redeeming quality of Trinity is its faculty. The professors are highly intelligent and accomplished, and more than willing to award individual attention to their students.