Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

Trinity is a small school, but there are many new activities and people to experience if you seek them out. The size allows people to be involved. If you are willing to put in the effort any opportunity will be available to you. Professors are extremely attentive, available, interested and helpful. We're in a rough neighborhood, but the school has become conscientious in the past couple years about improving campus safety. We have few security incidents compared to other urban schools. The campus can seem isolating if you don't have a car.

As far as im concerned trinity is the perfect size. I love that all of my teachers know my name and all seem to care about how im doing. the only downside to that is that its hard to expand socially in such a small environment. I hate living in Hartford. coming from NYC, this is a huge step down for me city wise and its really tough to be in an urban area that seems both so empty and so dangerous. there is literally nothing around the school except for one organics cafe and a pizza place, oh yea, and a headstone engraver.

Trinity is slightly small. I had no idea what type of college I wanted to attend when applying but Trinity turned out to be a fabulous fit especially size wise in terms of my relationship with professors and the academics. Socially, the school is a little small--after a while things get old. I would have also liked Trinity to be in another location. Hartford has great restaurants, museums etc. to offer but for freshman who can't have cars it is very isolating because the surrounding area is not safe at all!

For the most part, the professors at Trinity are excellent. Anyone can get a good education by dedicating himself to his work, no problem. It's the student body that's the main problem: others are stupid, inarticulate, and thoughtless. Partying is the main order of the day. Hartford is a slummy dump, so there's no real escape. The most frequent student complaints are against the homophobic, misogynistic, and racist fraternities and against the general danger of being outside past 9:00.

My biggest complaint about Trinity is its size. I've always seen myself as an anonymous student at some overwhelmingly large school like NYU. Yet while I've always wondered what it would be like to be completely independent of any sort of institution aside from my classes, I think I've grown accustomed to the community-like feel of a college like Trinity. In the warmer months, I enjoy the fact that I can walk across the Long-Walk and greet more than 75% of the students who pass me by.

the best thing about trinity is the beautiful campus green, springtime on the quad. i'd make it safer by adding more lights. trinity is just right. i get positive reactions when i say i go to trinity. i spend most of my time in the library. downtown hartford and west hartford are great- delicious restaurants; however, the surrounding area is a bit dangerous. safety is a big issue at our school, and the fact that a student just recently was assaulted is a horrible problem.

the best thing about trinity is that everyone who goes here is obsessed with it... we all have trin bumper stickers on our cars, and never want to leave. the professors care so much about each student, and the social life is pretty amazing as well. people are jealous when i tell them about my life at trinity. we dont have a college town because we are in the middle of hartford, but west hartford is close which is a nice town, but people love staying right on campus.

Trinity offers an incomparable and intimate education. I would ask that Trinity's student body become more diverse. I find the size just right for me. When people learn that I attend Trinity, they are always impressed by its quality of academics. I spend most of my time in the fantastic Raether Library. Hartford is an extremely unsafe neighborhood; West Hartford and the downtown area, however, have tons to offer particularly in terms of delicious food.

trinity is amazing. the professors are amazing. strong science dept with lots of oppertunities for student envolvement. professor really care about students and want to get to know them beyond just the classroom. the surrounding area of hartford is bad but in a 5 minute drive you can be someplace nice either downtown or in the suburbs. Also our squash team is incredible. its our only D1 sport and weve been the national chapions for a decade now.

trinity has a beautiful campus, but there is no "college town" area. the area it is in is really bad so you just have to be smart and protect yourself (dont walk alone at night, etc). its a great place if you want a small school but you have to know that is what you want because otherwise you could feel it is too small. the dorms are pretty terrible, but whats great is that everyone lives on campus so its a really fun community to be in.