Deerfield, IL
Trinity International University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity International University-Illinois

Tiffany

Trinity International University is a great place to not only learn but to build friendships that will last a life time. The community life at Trinity is amazing because you are able to meet and interact with people that come from all sorts of background. I love being a student at Trinity and the more I get involved the more I learn and the more I enjoy my experience here.

I have grown so much during my time here at Trinity. I've grown in my faith, my leadership, my academic knowledge, and in my relationships with others. On average, our classes contain about 20 students, which allows students and professors to get to know each other on an exceptional level. The one-on-one interaction I have with my professors has allowed me to thoroughly grasp the course material. The faculty are passionate about what they do, experienced and capable, and love investing in the lives of their students. Trinity's location is also one of my favorite things about the school. It's only about 40 minutes from downtown Chicago and there is plenty to do in the area.

Rebecca

I love being a student at Trinity. The friends I have made here are life-long friends, I've learned a lot about myself, it's been easy to get involved, the academics are great, the teachers really care about us, and I feel really prepared for my future.

Santiago

I very much like Trinity, I think that it is a great school, not only for its academics, but for the people that attend it as well. The academics are great and are not only interesting but also help you grow and learn as a person.

Hope

Trinity International University provides incredibly opportunities to all types of students. The school's greatest strength is that the small class sizes make learning personalized and help to create strong student-professor relationships which later provide students with a competitive edge when entering the workforce.

TIU offers great financial aid oppurtunities. The financial aid counselors are friendly and helpful. They helped make it affordable for me to attend this university. The small size of the student body at TIU is something that is very unique from other schools I considered. I like the small size as I feel personally invested in and not just another number in the books.

Hey there, 17-year-old me! When you came home today, there were two letters waiting for you on the kitchen table. You, being eager and hopeful, opened the larger one before you opened this. I don’t blame you, for that envelope contained the financial information of the college you dreamed of attending. Disappointed, you stared at the figures on the page and realized a new dream would have to take form. I know you’re scared to change your plans, but consider what philosopher Alan Watts once said: “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” Change is inevitable. Even just in these next two years that I have seen, you will experience an incredible amount of changes. Don’t be scared of change, but look at it as an opportunity to grow and become something you never could have imagined. Love your decisions, but don’t care if other people do. And don’t get too attached to that education major you’re planning on; 19-year-old you isn’t feeling it. Sincerely, Your older, more confident, and much-changed future self

I would consider the athletic coaches to be the best thing about our school. They have a strong investment in the players individually and as a team, both on and off the field.

Jordan

Trinity International University is a great place to learn and grow in a community of Christ-followers like-minded and otherwise while pursuing your education, so long as you can afford it.

When you go to college, go with discipline. Maintain a rigid sleep schedule, and never make tomorrow miserable by enjoying just a couple extra hours with friends. The "Eight-hour Club" is an elite group of students who get the right amount of sleep on a regular basis and are able to fully function every day at school, allowing them to thrive rather than merely survive. This way, you will learn more, get better grades, and get more done in less time and with less frustration of your efforts. Discipline is the key to doing well in college. The paradox is that the more disciplined you are in getting things done right away and in getting the sleep that you need, the more time you end up having for fun.

It's a small school with rather high tuition rates that seem to increase by the hundreds on a yearly basis.

Beth

I would tell myself not to be afraid about the workload. Syllabus shock is a real thing, and starting as a freshman and looking at everything you need to take to graduate is terrifying, but once you start you realize how manageable it all is. I would also advise myself to make sure that I continue calling and talking to the people that I love, and rely on in times of crisis. Falling out of touch with these people has made it much harder to deal with emotional breakdowns and upheavel during this time. I would also tell myself that I don't need nearly as much stuff as I'd like to pack, and to make a real effort to value my health by making good food choices and working out to avoid gaining any freshman weight.

I wish I had realized how much smaller the school is than the way that they make it seem on tours. I also wish I had paid more attention to the rules for student life, and the way that they are always pushing religion down your throat. There is an atmosphere in which the administration does not trust students, and it's not something that I'm glad to be a part of.

I brag about the area that it is in, right outside of Chicago.

Blessing

I was only 15 years old when i moved from Nigeria to United States of America. I had an accent and started high school as a junior in SSHS. With a very heavy accent I was scared, i had a lot of insecurities, When I walk through the hall way, I thought that everyone was judging me. By the time I was a senior nothing changed, I was able to make a friend but she died of Sickle Cell Anemia right before our high school greduation. That's when I decided to do something in medical filed in a way to give back and help people that needs my help. If I could go back to high school, to advice my high school self; I would tell myself to work harder. It doesn't matter where you come from, nor what kind of language you speak, nor what you look like. The only thing that matters is at the end, what happened with your life and what you could do to help others. I would advice her to dream louder, explore, discover and never give-up. Education and hard work is the key to success, and education is power.

Chloe

I would tell myself to study hard - if this is what you want to do, stick to it and don't give up. People will support you either way and you should graduate with flying colors. Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't able to keep up the dream that you have. There will always be people that try to bring you down, but you have to tell yourself to keep moving on. To quote Albus Dumbledore - "It is our choices, Harry, that show us for what we truly are, far more than our abilities." That is something that you need to tell yourself every day. Don't give up!

The comrodery in this school is really great because I've met so many people that are nice and share a lot of the same interests - even though I don't share the same religion as they do.

A person who definitely wants to learn their intended major and is serious about thier intended major. If they also are Christian, this is the school for them.

Trinity International University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.