Deerfield, IL
Trinity International University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity International University-Illinois

Alyssa

I would tell myself to be self-disciplined. College isn't about your parents forcing you to do homework and go to class anymore. College is about YOUR drive to succeed. If you have parents paying for it, even better! Use that money and experience wisely, and LEARN something! Don't just sit through your classes looking for ways to get out of doing the work and pay the least amount of attention. There are so many amazing things to be learned, even from the "boring" classes. You need to want to learn, so choose classes that interest you. And the ones that don't, like math, just focus on giving it your best and maybe making some friends. Make your college experience about you, now is the time to learn the skills you're going to be using in your future career for the rest of your life.

After being in a community college and now looking into numerous scholarships for when I transfer, I know that my chances of not getting the scholarships I'm applying for greatly decreases because I was not active in clubs in high school. If I could go back, I would have told my high school self, even as a senior, to GET INVOLVED!

Stefany

I would say to be more open to meeting new people because transitioning into college can be very difficult especially being very attached to people back home. Also I would tell myself to be diligent in how I am involved in my community outside of school and be aware of the needs of the people in my community. Going to college can be a great experience and it can also give me tools and opportunities to give something back to my community. I would warn myself to not get too caught up in my studies and school life that I forget to take opportunities to serve outside of my school and really be genuine about caring for others in my community. Education can be a great thing but if that’s the only reason to go to college, to just gain head knowledgeand never apply it in a way that it can help others, then it becomes a waste of time. Finally I would challenge myself to doing everything that I do with excellence even when its hard, even when I may not want to; not for my glory but for the glory of He who made me.

The best thing that I like about Trinity is the community and the size of the school. The professors here really care about you as an individual and do their best to help you succed. It is pretty diverse and there is pleanty activities to get involved in on Campus. The staff and faculty are all very nice and supportive and so is the majority of the student body. Academically some classes are very good in the sense that there is a lot you can learn.

I think the fact that you do need to pay a lot of money to go here and that there aren't as many diverse activities to get involved in. Although there are more than pleanty of ministry opportunities.

Jeremy

I have learned a lot from attending college. I've grown in numerous ways and developed as a person greatly. I am extremely grateful that I am able to attend Trinity International University and I am blessed to have the means to continue to attend. I've learned so much from the fantastic professors I've had in the Biblical Studies and Christian Ministries programs, and they are great people to just get to know as well. The campus life at Trinity has been fantastic. I enjoy living on campus and plan on living there all four years that I attend. There are great times to be had and awesome new friends to make, and these will be the relationships that will last for the rest of my life. With TIU being a private school, it is quite a bit more expensive to attend than a public, state-funded school. I've always found a way to pay and continue at TIU, but I'm running out of options. Money has always been an issue in my family, and now more than ever. This scholarship would help me greatly. Thank you for taking the time to read about my experience.

Storm

An interesting aspect about Trinity is it's reliance on student-to-student accountability and the succesfulness of this program. Students help each other, care for each other, and help essentially whenever needed. It's easy to put kids on probabtion or give them warnings,but Trinity works to ensure that students are helping the other students in all aspecs of life, whether it be school, friendships, or even faith. Students are there not just to live for themselves but to also help others.

I have been able to see a wide variety of people, perspectives, and beliefs while attending Trinity University. I am friends with students from California, Maryland, Brazil, and countless other places who are all obviously different because of the culture they grew up in. I have seen how different people view life in general, and also how people vary, if only slightly, from my own beliefs within the realm of Christianity. I grew up in a small rural town in Wisconsin, so attending a school where kids from around the world come together had given me a wider persepctive of the world and people in general. It has been truly fascinating to observe and learn from such a wide range of people.

Well, since Trinity is a Christian school with Christian morals, people who have no intention of following those rules would have a hard time at Trinity. However, I would say any sort of student would be accepted there, the just might not appreciate the standards that Trinity expects its students to uphold. Someone who was looking to go to school to party and do nothing would probably not be satisfied with Trinity.

Syerra

As of now, what I'm getting out of my college experience is that one has to work really hard to get what they want out of life. Yes, college is the place to do that but college is also a place to hang with friends, go to parties, and slack off because parents are not there telling what to do all the time. In college I feel is when many people, like myself, will learn the true essence of time management and doing what you have to do first so you can have fun later. Going back to the matter of working hard, college work is not easy. Not because is so complex, even in some cases it can be, but because it is a lot. A lot of reading and papers but, if one stays on top of their work they will come out just fine. Time management is a big part of your college experience so use your time well and be productive about it.

The best thing about this school is the fact that is it is Christian based university. We pray, we go to chapel, we have organizations that is built on truly serving people and many more. I love the faith represented in this school; we believe in the "trinity" and we stand on the word of God here even in fields that tear the word of God down like in business and medicine.

The worst thing about my school is that we have to share the campus with a lot of geese. So many in fact that they always seem to leave a "little present" everytime you walk around the campus. So make sure you look down before you step anywhere.

curtis

i have gotten out of my college experience is a new begining in life. After highschool thats when the real world begins like i wanna better my education in become something in life. I wanna succeed in wateva i do in i wanna master everything in college in i also wanna be the first one in my family to go to college so that i can make my family proud of me in thats i can actually say i succeeded n life n mastered my goal of becoming somthing in life. So what im really trying to say is that i really wanna win this schoolarship and i wanna make something of myself

Rebecca

Trinity International University is best know for the Evangelical Divinity School that is part of the University. The students and professor have been published in numerous academic publications. Many students have gone on to be quite important in their various fields of study.

What I have gotten from my time at Trinity International University has benefited me on a wholistic level. I met my husband on an international choir tour that I participated in my last year at Trinity. Without that experience alone I would not have the family or the experiences that I have had afterwards. I live in Germany, and even with the distance my friends and some professors still keep in contact with me. My degree has prepared me to perform my job well. I have the skills and the resources to continue learning on my own, and the confidence to apply for graduate level programs. The professors and staff all took a vested interest in the students, developing them not only in academic persuits but also in personal growth. I had the opportunity to meet and talk with other perfessionals in my field. My time at TIU set me up perfectly for my life after college, without the experiences I gained there, I would not be the person I am now.

The school is a priviate Christian school, and as such it strives to protect its students with student expectations. These expectations include no drinking, no smoking ect. These rules are helpful to young students who are not use to living on thier own, or making choices for themselves. The frustration was that some students found the expectations too restrictive, but the expectations also created a safer enviornment than many other college campuses. If the safety of the campus could have been provided in a way that still allowed more freedom of choice, it would have been better.

samuel

You primarily attend a college for the academics, but what I have gotten out of it has been much more than that. The experiences I have gone through have shaped me as a person inside and outside of the actual university. The background was set, but the interaction with people are the experiences I will take. Coming into college I was a naïve boy ready to save the world, but I believe as I grew in maturity through college, my perspective changed. Not to say that little boy who wanted to change the world is gone, but he is now accompanied by a shrewd young man critical in thinking and passionate in action. It’s really hard to pinpoint and articulate how much I’ve grown over the past four years and what I would be like without that whole experience because of the enormity of my learning. The time has really developed me as a man and I have to emphasize I have not changed drastically as a person, but instead who I was, is who I am now but more grounded. The experience has expanded my perspective and has strengthened who I am as a person.

Rebekah

Private Christian, small campus university.

Private Christian, small campus university.

The small campus makes it easy to get to know a lot of people without the pressure that larger schools put on students to find a scoial group, making it less stressful in that aspect. The small classes allow for teachers to take an individual approach with each student.

Now halfway through my third year of college, I look back on all I've learned and the people I've encountered and I am truly blessed. I have learned a great deal academically as well as relationally. The people I have encountered and who have entered my life have gotten me through a great deal of hardship in the last six months. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and have been dealing with a lot of pain and complications. The school has been very accomodating to help me get through this time but more than anything, my friends and family have been my rock. I will continue school so that one day I can heal like my therapists have helped me.

Trinity International University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.