San Antonio, TX
Trinity University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity University

Priyanka

Trinity University is devoted to providing excellent education and one of the ways it does so is by small class sizes. Majority of the classes has about 20 - 25 students which allows for greater interaction with the professor. All professors have office hours which Trinity students utilize. Trinity hosts a chocolate festival every year and it is one of the most loved events. Chocolates are prepared in all shapes and forms and it is wonderful opportunity to interact with people.

The Chocolate Festival is one of the most popular events hosted by the Student Programming Board. They have a chocolate fountain, all types of cakes, brownies, and anything else you can think of made up of chocolate. Trinity Idol and Spotlight are two other popular events. Trinity Idol is a showcase of singers at Trinity and Spotlight is a show representing dance. Diwali is another popular show put up by the Asian Subcontinental Association and Hindu Student Union. It is a showcase of Indian culture.

Trinity students and faculty are extremely friendly and helpful. I am an international student from Thailand and I felt at home in the first week I arrived at Trinity University. Trinity students in general are very diligent and it's always a great experience to work in groups. There are about 130 student organizations on campus and Trinity Students are at least actively involved in 4 at any given time. In my years at Trinity, I have met people from all backgrounds and it has truly been a rewarding experience.

Trinity takes academics very seriously and 97% of the professors have a PhD in their field of study. All my professors know my name because class sizes range from 20 - 25 students. Professors are very supportive in any endeavor a student wants to pursue, either it be research or an internship. Trinity is a liberal arts school where students are required to take classes across other disciplines. I am accounting major and I have taken several music and history classes, something I would not have tried had I not been at Trinity.

Trinity Students are stuck in the Trinity bubble. The students do not venture out in the San Antonio community but are highly active on campus. I do not believe this is true because majority of the students are highly involved on campus activities that volunteer and engage in several events hosted by the San Antonio community.

Mary

At the beginning of the year I was dismayed at how small the school was (2500 students total) however, I began to really enjoy the small size and sense of community. It is required for students to live on campus the first three years and this really builds friendships. One of the disadvantages of the school and perhaps its smallness is that there is a definite lack of school spirit, and few people attend sporting events. Attention is more focused on acabella concerts and theatre performances rather than supporting university teams. Another downside of Trinity is that it is well-known within in Texas, but outside of Texas no one has heard of the school. However, there is a great advantage in living in San Antonio, one of the biggest cities in the nation. You get a real taste of two different cultures mixed together- hispanic and Texan. There are so many great opportunities, delicious breakfast tacos, and two-stepping dance halls. There is always something to do. A common complaint among students is the dining hall food, yet there are other options for eating on campus such as Coates and Einstein's.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Well, to be honest I decided to go to Trinity because it had the best financial package and I didn't get into my other top schools.

A lot of students like to participate in intramural sports which range from outdoor rec to ultimate frisbee to tennis. A variety of non-varsity sports are offered at Trinity which allows for people to get their exercise in (since the gym is teeny tiny!) Girls and boys live in the same halls and the dorms are suite style- halls are very close and there are activities like Hall Olympics to get the halls to communicate and hang out with each other more. Like I stated before, the athletic events are abysmall in attendance (although baseball and soccer games are overflowing with people); and the dating scence is nearly absent. Again, you see the couples who have been dating since freshman year walking around, but most students stick to their high school sweetheart fifty miles away. The frats and sororities are local and not national- they always wear their shirts around campus and rush is pretty much a year long event. I am not in one so I'm not really sure what they are like. Every year there is the Chocolate Festival (delicious!), Hall Olympics (for freshmen and sophomores) and every beginning of the school year (except this year due to budget cuts) a welcome back concert. There are many more events at the school and many activities. (Like swing dancing) This campus isn't the biggest party school, mainly because there are so many adventures in San Antonio- Rampage hockey, Spurs basketball, Cowboys (two-stepping), spelunking, Austin (1.5 hours driving distance), and there is usually an event or game on campus. Not many pressure you to drink or party.

There are so many clubs at Trinity! Just to name a few: geo club, outdoor rec (go kayaking and camping), SAGE (sexual equality), Latino Exchange, TUVAC (community service) and neuroscience club. If you have an interest Trinity has a club. There are students of every variety at Trinity. There are a lot of international students. However, most of the students come from Texas. While Trinity is small and allows students to pretty much know everyone, the school can be quite cliquish. Sororities are pretty bad about this (speaking of which 90% of the sororities and frats are local, not national) and once you meet your friends at the beginning of the year you kinda stick with them. However, because students can participate in so many activities, you do branch out at the same time.

There isn't really a common stereotype at our school. A lot of us like to think we are the smart kids. However, a common truth at our school is that we tend to date the people we met the first day of school or stay in a relationship with our high school sweetheart, and so far I have found that to be quite true.

Blake

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Trinity University because it was a school I felt would adapt to me. The school would do its best to help me achieve my goals and find the best plan for me, and the teachers would actually know my name. All of these predictions came true. My advisor genuinely cares about not only my grades but my well-being. Teachers will always offer help. Most importantly, I'm getting the education I know I need.

The students at school are a completely mixed bag when it comes to religion, LGBT, and socio-economic backgrounds. Racial diversity is a little different. I would venture to say the majority of students is White, Asian, Hispanic and then African-American. However, no matter what your race or background, everyone treats other people with respect. If someone does not treat a fellow student well, others do not take kindly to it. I cannot think of someone who would feel out of place at Trinity, because all types come here. If someone does not like small schools, then do not come here. Going to class students wear anything from jeans and a t-shirt, sweatpants, or the latest in the hipster trend. The only thing that is not recommended is going to class having obviously not showered. Despite wearing lazy clothes some days, people do make an effort. Most students are from Texas and surprisingly I've met a lot from California. Also, most students are here on scholarships, which Trinity is very generous of, so a lot of students have a middle-class background.

Trinity University honestly isn't well known, but people who do know about it think we always have our nose in our books. This is true... for half of the students. Although there is no doubt the majority of the students here care about their studies, a lot of them like to party. There really isn't a night where there isn't something going on... especially Thursday through Saturday! If someone isn't a party person though, they can find their own group of people who just like to chill. So the University is really divided into two categories - those who party and those who don't. I've only found a handful who are in-between!

College is an exciting adventure rather than a daunting challenge. Being away from home will be difficult and you will miss Mom and Dad but there will be very little time to reflect on being homesick with all of the new people and experiences you will encounter! College is a gift to help become a more authentic “you”. People will appreciate what individuality and unique ideas you bring to the table. No longer will you be looked down upon for your beliefs and opinions, in college you will be celebrated. You will unexpectedly begin to love learning since you can take classes that suit your interests and skills. These classes are difficult but high school prepared you well and you will gain confidence overcoming academic obstacles. You will be exposed to radical people and ideas in which you can choose to appreciate and learn from, as others will from you. Most importantly you will make friends, every college freshman will be in the same boat as you are. Be friendly and open to new people and opportunities that present themselves along the way since you never know where they will lead.

Trinity has fantastic students, faculty, and staff. The students here are diverse and hard working; however unlike many other schools, students are laid back and not judgmental. Professors are very passionate about teaching and are always available to help students. The staff from the cafeteria workers to the janitors is all very kind and friendly. Trinity University is very welcoming and helpful to new students and accommodating to all students.

A student who enjoys learning and values friendship will find Trinity to be a perfect fit. Trinity is very academically focused but the flexibility within majors and minors allows a student to pursue their interests. I spend a lot of time studying but I have also made many incredible friends over my two short years as a student. With a innate friendliness and a surplus of extra-curricular activities it is not difficult for one to find their niche.

Joshua

Most of the classes at Trinity have less than 20 students. This allows for intimate class-discussions, a high level of student-teacher interaction, and--overall--a more customized learning experience. Most of the students live on-campus. The result is a tightly knit community and comradery. The dorms are very nice; however, this semester has been plagued by hot-water issues. One complaint about Trinity is the construction currently in progress. Although the end product will be a state-of-the-art life-science building, the process is long and loud, disrupting the otherwise peaceful environment

Trinity is a small, private, liberal arts school. As such, many people think that Trinity students are pampered rich kids. I can say, however, that this is not the truth. Trinity is a very diverse community with student from all over the world. Additionally, 86% of Trinity students recieve financial aid.

Kara

My classmates are stressed and hard-working, but know how to have a lot of fun when their schedules allow.

I would tell myself to work a lot harder in high school and really apply myself to my studies. I would ask myself to be a little more social and out-going and warm up to new people more often as well as becoming closer with my friends at the time. I would ask myself to start taking care of my body more than I did and work out and start making healthy choices. I would ask that I be more responsible with my money and start looking towards the future. Most of all, however, I believe I would tell myself to treasure those around me and say "Thank you" to my mother everyday; her guidance became so important to me in college and I failed to see that in high school. So I'd ask myself to refrain from a snarky comment and simply smile and enjoy the time we had together then, because pretty soon I would be missing it very much.

The best thing about Trinity is that it is a small, focused school. There is a lot of emphasis on doing well in your classes and applying the material to current events and situations outside of the focus of the class. There is a lot of freedom to double or triple major and mix and match minors with whatever area you want. The campus is small and secure, like a community.

Best known for our strong academic programs and our beautiful campus. We also win 'best dorm' in Cosmo every year, and you might remember the Miracle in Missouri, when our football team won against Milsaps college with something like 17 laterals in a single play.

If I could go back and talk to myself, senior year of high school, I would tell myself: "I know it's hard, right now, making this choice. I know you wanted to go to Carleton, but you'll see. Trinity really is the best place for you. Grit your teeth and bear the disappointment now, because college is going to be great. Keep your left up, just like mom says, and roll with the punches. Try not to take it to heart when people betray you, and keep putting your heart on the line-- people are worth it. It's going to be harder than your used to-- be ready for that, and be willing to work until you get what you want. And get out of the dorm sometimes; I know it's scary, but it'll be okay. More than that, it'll be worth it, for the friends you make. "And have fun. Because I promise you will."

The food starts to get old after a while.

While in college, I didn't just get the ability to memorize a lot of information, I actually learned crucial skills like critical reasoning and analyzing, writing skills, and social skills that will be beneficial in law school. College taught me to not just go through classes memorizing information, but rather, to take the time to actually understand the information and think critically about the information in front of me. Although I plan to go to law school, Trinity also gave me a broad range of knowledge in other subjects which was beneficial because it affirmed my decision to go to law school. I also feel that college and my political science classes prepared me for the work load I will encounter in law school, as well as the difficulty of reading and writing that I will need to use in law school.

The best thing about Trinity is the level of education they provide you and how the professors expect your best work out of you. They expect nothing but the best, so you are forced to produce quality work and actually LEARN while you are there.

Trinity is a very academically challenging school. Everyone expects do to well and everyone wants to do well so there is a good motivation for you to get good grades. However, if you are not willing to put in the work, you will not do well at this school. Also, because everyone is so concentrated on school and their grades, there is not much of a social life, unless you join a sorority or fraternity.

I am currently going to my local community college to obtain my CNA, and I am enrolled for the LPN program beginning the end of August. The CNA program has been valuable to attend because it has eased my fears about starting the nursing program. I'm not saying the LPN program will be easy, but at least I will now have some experience, as well as the CNA program counts as one of the beginning nursing classes so that will be one less class I have to take. I have previously gotten a degree from this college a few years back, and the teachers are very knowledgable in their subject areas, and they are very nice as well. I also think the small class sizes are instrumental in giving the students one-on-one attention when they need it.

I truly feel that all students at Trinity University are hard workers and strongly care about their educational success. The library is always packed. However, all Trinity students do a great job of keeping good balance between school and social activities, not being overwhelmed by either. Since Trinty is a relatively small school, most students either recognize or personally know the majority of students on campus, making everyone more friendly.

College is an EXPERIENCE. It’s the first time you are on your own, you make your own choices without direct parental influence (hopefully). You chose more than just your classes, you chose the group of friends you hang out with, what you eat, what time you go to bed and wake up. It is a time to realize the real you and get a glimpse of what you future in the “real world” may bring of you. Within the 4 years of college, I know more awesome memories will be made for me than in all of my elementary and secondary school educations combined. I have made friends that will always remain close to me and made decisions that I regret, but learned from. I have learned to sculpt myself and my schedule in order to complete everything required and desired by myself. College is about setting goals that may be too high for your expectations, but striving hard to reach them anyways. College is about playing hard, but working harder.

As previously mentioned the best thing about my school is the size. Generally, prospective college students say they want to go to a huge state school or a really small school. I wanted to go to a school that was small, but not too small. At Trinity, the population is just right. After only being there for about a year, I recognize most faces on campus, which makes me feel more at home while walking around campus.

Trinity University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.