San Antonio, TX
Trinity University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity University

Katie

Trinity is best known for a small class size and the availability of professors for the students to use as a resource, which fosters student-teacher relationships. It is also known for providing a small community feel in a large city.

The most important thing Trinity gave me was confidence. By this, I mean confidence in who I am as a person, a scholar, a professional, a friend, and a servant to the community. As a recent graduate, I believe that there is value in my ideas and I feel comfortable expressing who I am in a variety of settings--something which I lacked prior to college. I've learned to be a strong person and stick to my beliefs. Trinity enabled me to see challenges as an opportunity to grow rather than a hindrance. These challenges arise in the classroom, in the community, and within friendships, but they continually make me grow stronger. Within the classroom, other students are constantly challenging ideas and asking tough questions. This has taught me to not only fully prepare ahead of time, but also, to think on my feet and provide equally challenging responses. Trinity has encouraged me to be a well-rounded person. As a result I am a full time student, part-time employee, a member of the Epilepsy Youth Leadership Council, several honor societies, and a sorority. I know now that I am capable of handling all challenges with confidence.

The most important thing Trinity gave me was confidence. By this, I mean confidence in who I am as a person, a scholar, a professional, a friend, and a servant to the community. As a recent graduate, I believe that there is value in my ideas and I feel comfortable expressing who I am in a variety of settings--something which I lacked prior to college. I've learned to be a strong person and stick to my beliefs. Trinity enabled me to see challenges as an opportunity to grow as a person rather than a hindrance.

Brad

It is amazing to me how many decisions I made early on in college that have had an effect on other people in a negative way. Once a student reaches college, his or her parents are not typically around to make the everyday decisions that high school students are so used to having made for them. At first I did not realize that I would be confronted with so many decisions, and I especially did not realize that they would affect others; other than myself. Like many high schoolers, I was completely consumed with my own desires, and only concerned with what is best for myself. After a series of bad and worse choices, I realized that my actions affect others, and that the decisions I make have a lasting impression on those around me and those who care about me. Given the opportunity to give advice to myself as a high school student, I would relay specific examples of the decisions I have made and things I have done that have hurt others, or even hurt myself. I would stress the fact that loving others well and developing solid, healthy relationships is perhaps the best way to live life.

Trinity's great with individual attention to students and really cares about making us happy in our education.

Nearly everyone is really driven and excited about their futures.

Prioritizing is so important. You need to be able to get things done on time and don't be afraid to speak up or go to professors with questions.

My classmates are hard working people. We all strive to do the best that we can in a very challenging school. Everyone is friendly and willing to help each other out. We are more like one giant family that has come together from all parts of the world. We are there to support each other, help each other, and challenge each other.

College will be a great experience. At first it will scare you having to truly make your own decisions. Just hang in there though and you will do great. You will grow as a person and learn to be an individual and stand up for yourself. Work hard and get your papers done early! Be outgoing and willing to make new friends. You are not the only one who is starting from scratch. Keep your mind open and be willing to listen to others and work with them even if you disagree.

Someone who does not want to put in the full effort would not surivive this school. The course loads are very rigorus and the time spent studying is enormous. Also people who want to go to college for the social aspects would not do well here.

If I could go back in time and give myself any advice, it would be to choose my major more carefully. I majored in Biology as an undergraduate because I thought I would be going on to medical school. However, as fate would have it, not only did I not get in to medical school on the first two tries, but sometime during the third attempt I decided that wasn?t what I really wanted to do anyway. At that point, I was stuck with a Biology degree that basically only qualified me to do research, and I hate research in the same manner that Paula Deen hates health food. So I would tell myself to pick a major that would enable me to work in a career I would actually enjoy, regardless of my future educational plans, because sometimes those plans don?t work out. As it stands, I am now returning to school to pursue a Master?s in Social Work for work in the medical field. The things you enjoy doing don?t change much; just the way you get there. My younger self needed to know that.

People who are afraid of hard work should not attend Trinity. People who don't want to get involved in the school and the community should not attend Trinity. People who are afraid of the "other", of people different from themselves, should not attend Trinity. People who are only interested in getting a job after college, but not in getting an education while in college, should not attend Trinity. Anyone who doesn't think he can give his all while in school, both in the classroom and outside, should not attend Trinity.

Probably the one thing I complain about and brag about most is how difficult Trinity is. While I feel like I was tested in no small measure while a student there, I also feel like that thorough immersion in all things academic left me with the best education I could have gotten anywhere. Finally, as a Trinity student you are expected to be thoroughly involved in the campus and community, and I consider my extra-curricular activities there as big a part of my education as my classes were.

Trinity is pretty prestigious. It is a liberal arts school so of course it is known for that kind of education. It is also known as a small school. However, it has a very good reputation. It is a pretty selective school so students here are expected to do well. Also,being a private school, it is known for being a bit on the expensive side.

If I could go back, I would tell myself not to worry so much and to just be very open to everything that college life has to offer. I would tell myself to be prepared for interactive classes and to be outspoken and opinionated in classes because participation is very important. I would definitely tell myself to try and meet people and be social because college is much easier with friends. Your social life really does matter. Even though some people see college as a time when you should be completely immersed in your studies, you cannot do that all day everyday. You need people to hang out with and to talk to, so make friends. I would also tell myself to take any and every course I think seems interesting because when they tell you that something you might not be interested in will end up being one of your favorite subjects, it is actually true. I would also tell myself to be prepared for tough times because, like life, college has its ups and downs, but you will get through them, and when you do, you will be so proud of yourself because it is all worth it.

I wish I had known how importat it is to make strong connections with people durin your first year. The groups of friends here become pretty set after that, and i can be hard to get into one. I also wish I had known how much it was oriented around Greek life even though in reality a pretty small percentage of the students go Greek.

Aubrey

I would tell myself to learn how to study. It would have helped me so much to have developed good study habits before I entered college. I would love to go back to senior year and tell myself to apply for scholarships as soon as possible and to visit as many campuses as possible. Deadlines always come faster than expected, so waiting until the last minute to apply for scholarships is a very dangerous game. Finally, I would advise myself to get in touch with students who are currently attending the colleges and/or universities in consideration, if only to get the inside scoop on the best dorms and which professors to watch out for.

It's a really expensive school, but I knew that when I applied. There isn't much variety when it comes to on-campus dining.

The only people who shouldn't attend Trinity are those who plan to party a lot and skip class. Attendance and studying are very important here.

Kimberly

I believe my school is unique because it is so diverse. When some people think of diversity they only include race, but it is much more than that. My school does a great job at making everyone, despite their diverse backgrounds, feel comfortable and educate others about diversity. I am very thankful that I am able to be submersed in this environment.

Congratulations! You are going be the first one in the family to graduate high school and go to college. You are going to make it into a great school, but continue to fill out those scholarships, don?t get lazy and procrastinate like I know you want to do. Mom is trying really hard to make this work for you and you need to help her. You are an adult now and you need to start acting like it. When you get to college, make your study habits the exact opposite of what you did in high school or it will screw you over in the end. Although you go to a college prep school you are not completely prepared for college, no one ever is. But don?t study 24 hours a day 7 days a week, you will want to shoot yourself if you do that. Join some clubs, try new things, party it up (but not too hard), and make our family proud of the young lady we?ve become. Keep on keeping on.

The thing that frustrates me the most at my school is how difficult the classes are. My school is well known because of the tough curriculum the students are required to fulfill. It frustrates me because I went to a college prep school in high school and most of the alumni said the workload was the same in college as it was at my school, so I got excited because it was easy for me to make A?s in high school. But it was not as easy as I thought.

Joseph

I would tell myself not to be afraid to go somewhere thats farther away from home. I was accepted to Brown and I would tell myself to go there because of the value of the degree.

Yes. You are competing with one of the best business schools in the country in Austin (University of Texas)

An intelligent, liberal person who might not be comfortable in a large school setting. The business major does not have as much value as the school would like to think. Pre-med is very good.

Meghan

Trinity University is an extremely rigorous academic institution that focuses on student engagement in the classroom, research, and diversity, making it an exemplary school for preparing students to further their education.

Trinity University students are very driven and their main focus is on making good grades, for many of them wish to go on the Medical school, Law school, or graduate school for their specialty.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself that college is the time of your life, but that it requires an incredible amount of hard work and dedication. I would tell myself to take time while choosing my friends, and not to latch onto the first person I have something in common with, for I will eventually find my group of friends and they will support me through every ordeal I will face. I would tell myself to be true to myself, and to focus on the important aspects of life, such as family, strengthening bonds with my friends, and to love with all my heart and never be ashamed of it. But most importantly, I would tell myself that difficult times are inevitable, but that I will get through them with the support of my friends and family, and that I should never give up because even if I think I have hit rock bottom and that the world is against me, there are people that will never give up on me, and God will always be on my side.

Trinity University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.